PDA

View Full Version : ACC first round game(s) thread

EarlJam
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Even though their conference records were identical, I'm surprised and dissapointed that Wake lost to FSU today. By ten?

Anyone watch the game? Was it ever really close???

-EarlJam

TNTDevil
03-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Even though their conference records were identical, I'm surprised and dissapointed that Wake lost to FSU today. By ten?

Anyone watch the game? Was it ever really close???

-EarlJamYes, it was actually a decent game. WFU came out in the second half and stormed back to take a lead. Then Hamiliton took a TO and settled FSU down, they re-established control and took the lead.

Teague was unstoppable but didn't get the ball enough. Johnson was scoreless in the first half and then saddled with foul trouble in the second half.

whereinthehellami
03-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Jason Rich for FSU had a big game, hit some big shots. Rich carried FSU when they were struggling to score in the second half.

UrinalCake
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
This is just some wishful thinking, but I think FSU has a better chance at beating UNC than would Wake, so I'm happy with the outcome. If nothing else, perhaps FSU can tire them out some for the next game.

EarlJam
03-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Wow. Good day for the Florida teams. Horrible day for the Carolina teams.

REALLY dissapointed in Wake's and State's performances. Bummer.

I hate Florida teams. :mad:

-EarlJam

dukelifer
03-13-2008, 04:24 PM
This is just some wishful thinking, but I think FSU has a better chance at beating UNC than would Wake, so I'm happy with the outcome. If nothing else, perhaps FSU can tire them out some for the next game.

If am sure Lawson would have rather have seen Wake. He has gotten banged up in both Fla State games.

whereinthehellami
03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
UNC seems like a shoe in to the championship game. I think the VT-Miami game is shaping up to be a good one. Both teams are pretty hot right now. VT has to be pretty happy. They were dreading NCSU as they have lost thier last 6 to them.

Quicke aside. Who are the only two teams with winning records in the ACC over the last two years?

EarlJam
03-13-2008, 04:41 PM
ACC Tournament Update

The State of Florida: 133
The State of N. Carolina: 110

OUTRAGE!

jimsumner
03-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Earl,

How outraged will you be if one of those Florida teams sends UNC home?

Didn't think so. :)

EarlJam
03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Earl,

How outraged will you be if one of those Florida teams sends UNC home?

Didn't think so. :)

If UNC plays either of those schools, I will be pulling for UNC. I do not want a team from Florida anywhere near the championship game of the ACC. It just doesn't seem right.

I will don the powder blue and cheer, cheer, cheer for Tyler, Lawson, Green and the boys to destroy the teams from Florida. This is the one time I will make this exception.

Also, I am very much full of sh*t.

You are most correct. Carolina........may they burn in HELL!

-EarlJam

dukediv2013
03-13-2008, 05:05 PM
If UNC plays either of those schools, I will be pulling for UNC. I do not want a team from Florida anywhere near the championship game of the ACC. It just doesn't seem right.

I will don the powder blue and cheer, cheer, cheer for Tyler, Lawson, Green and the boys to destroy the teams from Florida. This is the one time I will make this exception.

-EarlJam

Blasphemy 101 from EarlJam!

9F! GO FSU!

wumhenry
03-13-2008, 05:43 PM

-EarlJam
I don't care who wins, but I'd sure like to see someone -- a fan, a Carolina player, Roy Williams, an usher, anybody -- smash Reid and Swann in the mouth and someone else return the favor by clobbering Green.

CDu
03-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Quicke aside. Who are the only two teams with winning records in the ACC over the last two years?

I assume you mean UNC and Va Tech. However, I'd word the question slightly differently. If you mean winning record in EACH of the last two years, then the answer is UNC and Va Tech. But as for ACC teams with winning records over the past two years, the answer is UNC (28-7), Va Tech (20-14), Duke (21-12), Maryland (18-15), and Clemson (17-16).

EarlJam
03-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Is this the first year ever in the ACC Tournament that the first two games involved knocking two tobacco road teams out of the tournament?

I can't imagine two N.C. schools have ever been knocked out so quickly.

-EarlJam

365Duke
03-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I must say that singing ACC tournament dude is the worst thing I have seen in a loooooooooong time ......HORRIBLE:eek:

ForeverBlowingBubbles
03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Atsur must have been a better player then I thought... wow Wolfpack... horrible.

loran16
03-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Atsur must have been a better player then I thought... wow Wolfpack... horrible.

You can't say enough about this. If Atsur didnt graduate, State is a national contender this year. Seriously, they were probably NCAA tournament material with him last year (he just missed half the season), and with these other members to support the cast.......

NC State last year W/O Atsur was terrible. With him was a force to be reckoned with. The ACC Tourny was not a fluke.

pamtar
03-13-2008, 09:56 PM
I will be pulling for UNC.
I will don the powder blue and cheer, cheer, cheer for Tyler, Lawson, Green and the boys.

-EarlJam

Just making sure everyone sees this.

this quote completely out of context