PDA

View Full Version : ACC Tournament Radio Affiliates...

BlueDevilJay
03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know the radio stations that will be carrying the tournament? I'm trying to find at least ONE station that I can pick up online to hear the games starting at noon, but so far the only one I've found was from the ACC press release, and it is in Ohio! It works online here at work, but I have a feeling they will be covering the MAC due to Akron as opposed to the ACC. Doesn't make much sense to me since they are in Ohio, but I cannot for the life of me find any other streaming broadcasts!

devil84
03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
According to GoDuke.com, the Duke Radio Network will carry all games. See the link on the schedule, below.
http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&KEY=&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726 Not sure about the streaming part (I live in the Triangle, so I can just turn on the radio), but I'm sure there are plenty of archived threads that can help you there, or someone else will chime in.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know the radio stations that will be carrying the tournament? I'm trying to find at least ONE station that I can pick up online to hear the games starting at noon, but so far the only one I've found was from the ACC press release, and it is in Ohio! It works online here at work, but I have a feeling they will be covering the MAC due to Akron as opposed to the ACC. Doesn't make much sense to me since they are in Ohio, but I cannot for the life of me find any other streaming broadcasts!

I live in Pfafftown, not far from you. It's been difficult finding a station with a strong enough signal, but you might be able to get 98.3 clearly enough to hear Bob Harris. This station carries Duke football and men's basketball throughout the regular season.

GO DUKE!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
If you can't receive WIST (98.3) from Thomasville, the radio station's web site has a link to allow you to listen online. Here's a link to their web site:http://www.countrylegends983.com/

BlueDevilJay
03-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the reply. For those stuck in the same position I am, I found an AM station broadcasting online (Wolfpack Radio Network) but Ill take what I can get today. Look up 1580 WZKY (was supposed to be a Duke affiliate, but apparently not) and they stream online. Its tourney time!!!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I just tried 98.3 only to find country music instead of Bob Harris. The only audio transmission I could find online require a subscription. Bummer! Looks like the SID office has some work to do if they are interested in providing fans free radio coverage of Duke's play in post season....... maybe that's the point.... it's not going to be free......

CameronBornAndBred
03-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I signed up years ago for their inside access service. I just do the audio, but it has been invaluable. I'm often out of town, or unable to get a decent signal, so I just listen on my PC to all of the football, women's and men's bball games. It's worth the low price just to hear Bob Harris instead of Woody Durham call the games. (I can always get the UNC games on the radio, sigh)

msdukie
03-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Also, go to theacc.com. There is a list of ACC ISP national radio affiliates there for the tourney.

Bluedawg
03-13-2008, 03:29 PM

I found this on the ACC page, but i know it's not complete becasue 99.9 in raleigh is carring it and they are not lsited.

ACC ISP Sports Radio Network (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/080313game3.pdf)

godukecom
03-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Not positive, but didn't bob stop annoluncing all the thursday/friday games except the Duke game on these days?

I know he does the semis and finals...

captmojo
03-13-2008, 10:26 PM
http://www.hrnb.com/wcsl_index.html

Try this. Click on gold graphic "Listen to" in center of page. It will open widows media player.

msdukie
03-13-2008, 10:51 PM
Over the past few years, due to age and expansion, Bob stopped doing all the games. Probably didn't do any Thursday games and will do 2 or 4 tomorrow.

CameronBornAndBred
03-14-2008, 12:20 AM
due to age and expansion, Bob stopped doing all the games.
I know a few people in my family who have aged and expanded.

BCGroup
03-14-2008, 07:01 AM
For those in Charlotte, the games are usually on 106.1, but since the Bobcats are playing tonight, we won't get the Duke game. Too bad....

BlueDevilJay
03-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. Now every year I can go back and search this topic and find a station on tournament week :) On another note, I had already checked the ACC.com site and saw what you posted about the affiliates, but only one that I found did online streaming, and it was in Akron OH, and they were covering the Zips yesterday afternoon. The others worked though, and I thankfully made it through ACC Thursday.

Welcome to ACC Friday!!!! :) God this is the best time of the year. Next Thurs and Fri I will take my two annual holidays, to sit and do nothing but watch basketball. Ive been taking them for going on 10 years now. JayDays is the official holiday name, although that hasn't made it around to all calendars yet :)

tbyers11
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
You can watch (if your company has lax firewall policies) the ACC games right here (http://channelsurfing.net) at channelsurfing.net. Scroll down to the FSU v UNC link.
You need to use IE as your browser, the quality isn't great but you can watch games at work so I am not complaining.