PDA

View Full Version : Coach K's Cadillac commercial

markbdevil
03-12-2008, 08:23 AM
http://www.mycadillacstory.com/index.html?jumpVideoIndex=dukeCoach

Methodistman
03-12-2008, 09:26 AM
That's great! Thanks for posting! I wonder if we'll see some shorter/edited version during the tourney?

NashvilleDevil
03-12-2008, 09:58 AM
I for one hope it doesn't air. After all the garbage about the AmEx commercial a couple of years ago and how it was a recruiting tool, I hope that this one remains on the website.

Richard Berg
03-12-2008, 12:15 PM
I say bring it on. No matter what opposing fans say, Coach K has nothing to be ashamed of. (except maybe driving an ugly car ;))

g4orce
03-12-2008, 12:18 PM
"You don't even get to a vowel until the 6th letter."

That's funny right there.

Hmmm... I wonder what happened to the chevy cars?

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
"You don't even get to a vowel until the 6th letter."

That's funny right there.

Hmmm... I wonder what happened to the chevy cars?

It's all in the family...... the General Motors family that is.

happydays1949
03-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I love it...I hope it is on television.

RelativeWays
03-12-2008, 01:11 PM
You can say many things about K, but you can't say he's not brave. No way I'm driving an Escalade through Durham......ever.

BoC
03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Coach K, now with Street Cred!©

weezie
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Coach K as baller.

4decadedukie
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I believe it's GREAT -- and a LOT more than just a "car advertisement." If the proponents of other basketball programs don't like it, that's simply too bad. This man has elevated college hoops, has increased its visibility and stature, has done so with exceptional court and classroom results and without questionable ethics, and everyone associated with collegiate basketball has benefited. To the degree that Duke and/or Duke Basketball accrue advantages, it is the entirely reasonable collateral consequence of the decades of excellence associated with Coach K's programs (not just basketball).

On to the ACCs, the NCAAs, and the Olympics!

dukemomLA
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Felt queasy about Coach K doing a Cadillac commercial....until I watched the link.

Very cool. I really loved it. (Now would I EVER buy a Cadillac..NOT). But the commercial is heart-felt, genuine and fun.

So............let the (negative) chips fall -- as they have for every other Ad Coach K has done. (....And....not too many folk mention that proceeds go to his various charities). Bring it on.

gotham devil
03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
On the next Cribs....
Coach K, Mike Krzyzewski:)

Devilsfan
03-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Hope they play it after every time out of every Carolina game.

billybreen
03-12-2008, 06:37 PM
That's got to be a web-only commercial. It's like 5 minutes long. I'm jumping out the window if that runs during a game.

Stray Gator
03-12-2008, 06:42 PM
That's got to be a web-only commercial. It's like 5 minutes long. I'm jumping out the window if that runs during a game.

Be careful to look before you leap if you don't want to jump into flaming wreckage--some of those rival fans who reportedly protested Coach K's American Express Card commercials by burning their Amex cards may also own Cadillacs...

BCGroup
03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Nice on the web, but not for a commercial during the game. I do like how the Cadillac wasn't the focus. It's almost a retrospective for Coach K--very nice!

hurleyfor3
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I for one hope it doesn't air. After all the garbage about the AmEx commercial a couple of years ago and how it was a recruiting tool, I hope that this one remains on the website.

I liked the AmEx commercial precisely because it had the feel of a recruiting tool!

dukemsu
03-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Ah, K. Say what you will about him, but there's no other coach in America who would have the guts to shoot that commercial.

The tone is a lot more palatable the AMEX one (this one he spends a good portion making fun of himself, which is always a crowd-pleaser). It also had some nice bits/shots of K as a younger man and even a kid. Nice for people to see that he's not a robot and actually came from somewhere and has a backstory, which is as fascinating a story as you'll find.

No way it makes it into circulation as much as the AMEX ad, but if it did, it wouldn't bother me, well at least not that much. I thought it was very well done.

BoC
03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
I imagine what they'd do is make two or three normal-length commercials from pieces-parts of that long one to run during the post season.

Anything to further drive the Haters over the edge...

Lotus000
03-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I am just glad he calls it a 'truck.' I thought I was the only person who hated saying 'ess-you-vee' all the time. It's a truck!!