PDA

View Full Version : Nelson

jsimmons
03-11-2008, 01:09 PM
During the Duke/UNC game Demarcus's parents looked like they were holding a small child in their arms. Is the child Demarcus's? Is he married? I was just curious .... do any other Duke players have children?

DukeDevilDeb
03-11-2008, 01:14 PM
So far as I know, none of the players is married and none have children. That said, I realize I don't know that for sure about DeMarcus.

BlueDevilBaby
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I wondered about that. Could have been a grandchild. Does DM have a sibling?

Bluedog
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I wondered about that. Could have been a grandchild. Does DM have a sibling?

Don't know whose child is it, but, yes, DeMarcus has two older siblings - Darnele and Kesia - as well as a younger brother, Darius. GoDuke profile (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22727&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=152123&Q_SEASON=2007) I believe Darius is a freshman in high school and is also a good basketball player - although I don't think he's quite on the same level as DeMarcus.

dukefanSD
03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I believe on Duke Blue Planet they had a list of what the players got for x-mas and DeMarcus said he had a niece born. Probably his sister's.

Lotus000
03-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I believe on Duke Blue Planet they had a list of what the players got for x-mas and DeMarcus said he had a niece born. Probably his sister's.

At one point she was ASLEEP at the Carolina game. I want to know how in the bloody heck an infant could sleep through that noise.

TNTDevil
03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
At one point she was ASLEEP at the Carolina game. I want to know how in the bloody heck an infant could sleep through that noise.Very easily. My daugher, to this day (she's eight), falls asleep everytime we crank the stereo (by her request) in the minivan.

Bizarre.