PDA

View Full Version : JJ's brother David

dukelifer
03-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I have not seen any mention of this- perhaps I missed it- but if you have not heard JJ's brother David (who is another athlete) has been diagnosed with a tumor in his spine and had surgery at Duke yesterday, I believe. Best to his brother, JJ and family and hope that David has a full recovery.

JBDuke
03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I have not seen any mention of this- perhaps I missed it- but if you have not heard JJ's brother David (who is another athlete) has been diagnosed with a tumor in his spine and had surgery at Duke yesterday, I believe. Best to his brother, JJ and family and hope that David has a full recovery.

Yeah, I heard that during the broadcast of the Carolina game. I'll second your good wishes. David seems like a good guy, from what I've heard, and the Redicks are a close family, so I'm sure this is a rough time for all of them.

Best of luck to David, Ken, Jeanie, JJ, Abby, Catie, and Alyssa. Lots of folks out here are wishing and praying for good news and a speedy recovery.

Madrasdukie
03-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Best of luck, David.

4decadedukie
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
He's in my prayers.

BlueBlood112883
03-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Dave, JJ and the entire Redick family are in my prayers. Get well soon David!!!!

lazee
03-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Just prior to halftime in yesterday's Orlando game against Atlanta, the sideline reporter, mentioned that David had successful surgery and is in stable condition.

TillyGalore
03-11-2008, 02:43 PM
David and his family are in my prayers.

Knowing the surgeons at Duke as well as I do, I know he is getting the best care.

weezie
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Get better soon David!

Philsfan
03-11-2008, 04:07 PM
JJ was on my flight back from Orlando Sunday evening. I had to do a double take when I got on and there he was. I missed the chance to sit next to him on the flight but chatted with him briefly at baggage claim. He shook my hand and seemed like he was holding up well considering the circumstances.

I didn't know about his brother until later that night. Glad to hear things are going well. His family will be in my prayers.