PDA

View Full Version : Duke band and 12:00 TV timeout of 2nd half

Duke84Blue
03-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Anyone know the song the Duke band played at the 12 minute TV timeout in the second half of the Carolina game? It started with a very slow, rhythmic beat and the crowd clapping along and then broke out into something very fast paced with the students jumping up and down. Any ideas?

DukeUsul
03-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Every Time we Touch by Cascada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everytime_We_Touch_%28Cascada_song%29)

video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0GmiSMNGI)

CLT Devil
03-11-2008, 12:42 PM
^If that's not the one you were thinking about I know they also play '7 Nation Army' by the White Stripes

SilkyJ
03-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Anyone know the song the Duke band played at the 12 minute TV timeout in the second half of the Carolina game? It started with a very slow, rhythmic beat and the crowd clapping along and then broke out into something very fast paced with the students jumping up and down. Any ideas?

this question has been asked several times this year. search before you post.

TillyGalore
03-11-2008, 12:56 PM

SilkyJ's tryout to be a mod. ;)

merry
03-11-2008, 01:02 PM
^If that's not the one you were thinking about I know they also play '7 Nation Army' by the White Stripes

Yes but that seems to be used for 30 second timeouts or other times when the band doesn't have much time to play.

DukeDevilDeb
03-11-2008, 01:28 PM

...if he'd given the answer! :)

SilkyJ
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM

no thank you. I am simply doing my part as a citizen of DBR, which I believe involves educating newer posters WRT to protocol and what is expected of them.

I also was directly quoting the Spring Cleaning thread that says "search before you post"

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7497

If more of us tried to lead by example and educate newer posters it would probably prevent the "spring cleaning" thread from ever having to be posted.

[/soapbox]

(I am not that arrogant that I think I am the perfect leader or example. I have been cited before and am trying to improve my posting as well. we can all try and make DBR a better place)

SilkyJ
03-11-2008, 03:16 PM
...if he'd given the answer! :)

The answer was given in a previous post. In fact, the answer was given in the first response. Repeating the answer would not have added anything to the discussion (to use EarlJam's new favorite euphemism ;) )

OldPhiKap
03-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Links are helpful . . . .

SilkyJ
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Links are helpful . . . .

Links for what?

91_92_01_10_15
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM

With all due respect, Duke84's question would have been difficult to answer via search. Music without accompanying lyrics continues to defy search methods. In fact, it represents one of the few nagging memory problems that the internet cannot answer. For example, if I can't remember the name of an actress who was in a movie, it's easily solvable w/ a 2 second search. If I have a piece of music stuck in my head that I can't identify, though, I'm SOL until I can find someone in the know to whom I can hum it.

In going back and looking for the old thread, I found that it was entitled "Cameron Questions," not the most likely thread to contain the requested information. Also, when I search for "Duke band song," I got 52 threads, only one of which contained the correct information.

I think this is my longest post ever, and I can't believe it's about THIS! :)

SilkyJ
03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
yea ur probably right to a certain extent.

in my defense the question, with very similar phrasing, has been asked before more than once.

Lavabe
03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
yea ur probably right to a certain extent.

in my defense the question, with very similar phrasing, has been asked before more than once.

91_92-01's response mirrored my own feelings. I had no idea what was playing at that point. If I had known it was Cascada, I'd have had no problem finding it in the thread. Frankly, I was just relieved to find it was Cascada, and not the same standard drivel that the Wake folks (and seemingly everyone else) play. And hey, it wasn't Soulja Boy (and Bo Ryan dancing).

Look at the bright side ... with all of this discussion, SilkyJ just broke the 1,000 post mark.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheers,
Lavabe

OZZIE4DUKE
03-11-2008, 05:21 PM

What would you search for in this case? How would you describe it? What terms/words would you use? Someone else asked me what the song was and I knew I had seen it by following the link, but I didn't know what to tell them other than it's been linked on the board a couple of times.