PDA

View Full Version : WCC Championship

Channing
03-10-2008, 11:06 PM
USD just knocked off Gonzaga for the WcC championship. Assuming Gonzaga still gets an at large, someone's bubble was just burst.

Bluedog
03-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah, big upset. Does this mean the WCC gets THREE bids?!?! Obviously, Gonzaga is in. St. Mary's is a 9 seed according to Lundardi. In my opinion, it'd be complete lunacy that the WCC gets three bids when the ACC probably only will get 4....but I guess the numbers aren't always fair. Heck, the Big Ten is projected to get 5 when the ACC continually wallops them.

Lotus000
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
It was a huuuuge upset. I think this might knock St. Mary's out. Gonzaga is obviously still an at-large, but places like Arkansas and Syracuse (and hopefully Kentucky...) have to be a bit more concerned now.

Channing
03-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Lunardi just said St Marys is still in. He thought they were a top 30 team before this upset, and this one loss shouldnt knock them out of the tournament.

And lets not forget USA losing tonight - a team that many think might still get in as an at large.

Lotus000
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Lunardi just said St Marys is still in. He thought they were a top 30 team before this upset, and this one loss shouldnt knock them out of the tournament.

And lets not forget USA losing tonight - a team that many think might still get in as an at large.

If the WCC gets 3 and the Big10 gets 5, I'm going to thow the biggest hissy fit this side of the Mississippi.

I can see no way that the Committee could send 8 schools from those two conferences but not give the ACC 5 bids instead of 4. That, to me, would be lunacy.