PDA

View Full Version : Adam Emmenecker is my hero

kexman
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
My fiance is a Drake alum so we went to the Missouri Valley Conference Final yesterday in St. Louis. Honestly, I don't follow Drake basketball although they are ranked this year (~#20) and going to the NCAA tourney for the first time since 1971. I wish Adam Emmenecker played for us because he is a great player and an even better story. Emmenecker is this years MVC regular season and tourney MVP...and he is a walk-on. He didn't get a scholarship until this year (senior). He didn't play much until this year averaging 0.8 pts per game before this season. He is an old school point guard who is all about passing (set single season assist record for the conference). Did I mention that he was the conference player of the year while only average 8.5 pts per game this season. How many conference players of the year do not score in double digits? He completely controls the game and gets his teammates open shots...old school!

To add to the legend he is a quadruple major and carries a 3.97GPA!

As an aside, Drake offensively looks a lot like Duke. They are small...all 5 starters can handle the ball and shoot the 3. They spread the court and emmenecker generally drives and kicks for an open 3. Good overall ball movement. Plus they are blue and white so they look like duke as well.

If you get the chance watch the drake games in the NCAA tourney...Drake and Emmenecker are GREAT stories!

BlueDevilBaby
03-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the background on him. I was half watching the Drake game yesterday and heard snippets here and there. The similarities of Drake's offense to Duke's would make it an interesting matchup. I don't think I want to face these guys. Congrats to Drake for ending the long drought.

paulie dogs
03-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I am not impressed by 4 majors...his 4 majors are: management, finance, business, and entrepreneurial management.

Thats called a business major!

You don't see a math major saying "I have 4 majors: calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, and number theory"

Still a fine example of hard work, but this 4 majors thing is a bit trumped up.

throatybeard
03-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Drake killed Illinois State in the final of Arch Madness:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/ncaatournament/story/D98469E460F4F1DA86257407006DDF42?OpenDocument

FireOgilvie
03-11-2008, 01:56 AM
As an aside, Drake offensively looks a lot like Duke. They are small...all 5 starters can handle the ball and shoot the 3. They spread the court and emmenecker generally drives and kicks for an open 3. Good overall ball movement. Plus they are blue and white so they look like duke as well.

Emmenecker actually hasn't made a 3-pointer all year (0 for 2). He's probably the only starting point guard in the country that can say that.

brevity
03-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Emmenecker actually hasn't made a 3-pointer all year (0 for 2). He's probably the only starting point guard in the country that can say that.

Gotta step up for kexman here, who said Emmenecker drives the ball and passes to teammates, who then make the open 3.

I visit this site enough. May as well start posting.