PDA

View Full Version : Tourney 08

TwoDukeTattoos
03-10-2008, 08:43 AM
I still think we have a excellent team and I think we will make some noise in the Big Dance. At this point, I am sick of listening to all of the critics talk about all of the reasons why Duke won't be a Final Four team. Personally, I can't wait to see how well we do against teams who haven't watched tape on us all year long, and on neutral courts. I think we'll do really well. I think we'll do far better than our many critics think we'll do.

- We proved that we can compete well against teams with size (UNC, Wisc)
- We proved that we can complete well against teams with athletes (Marq, UNC)
- We are # 2 in the country in scoring
- We have 5 players averaging in double figures

MARCH ON, DUKE, MARCH ON...

BlueDevilBaby
03-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Some commentator (I think it was Seth Davis) said Duke was an ordinary team when they don't hit their shots. Well. . . duh! So is every other team in the country. Gave Duke no props for coming back and having an excellent chance to win that game Sat. night if one or two of those missed shots had fallen, not to mention that DM had an off night. Duke is not an ordinary team in any respect and can definitely do well in the NCAAT, not to mention beat UNC for the ACCT. I'd love to get one. . . no, make that two, more shots at them.

BTW, can we change the color of those emoticons that are the wrong shade of blue? They are make me ill when I look at them.:D

CameronBornAndBred
03-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I think this year is going to be a fun one. It's nice to go in with lower expectations. Every win we have will be one more "told you so" to the critics, and if we get that last loss, I'm pretty sure it won't be in the first round like last year. I don't even care where we are seeded right now. We have proven we can play against any team in the country. But like all teams, good things need to happen for an entire game for us to win. I won't be shocked at not making the final four, but I won't be surprised, either. I sure as hell am hoping we get there. And I hope UNC loses to another Winthrop!

SMO
03-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Some commentator (I think it was Seth Davis) said Duke was an ordinary team when they don't hit their shots. Well. . . duh! So is every other team in the country. Gave Duke no props for coming back and having an excellent chance to win that game Sat. night if one or two of those missed shots had fallen, not to mention that DM had an off night. Duke is not an ordinary team in any respect and can definitely do well in the NCAAT, not to mention beat UNC for the ACCT. I'd love to get one. . . no, make that two, more shots at them.

BTW, can we change the color of those emoticons that are the wrong shade of blue? They are make me ill when I look at them.:D

I also heard that Duke is a terrible team when they don't score, and even worse when their opponents score more than they do!

Pam
03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
That is a brilliant observation and SO very true! :D Seth Davis rarely has anything nice to say about Duke and I have just gotten used to that. My feeling is that it is a big mistake to ever underestimate Duke and especially a huge mistake to underestimate Coach K! It should be interesting.

I also heard that Duke is a terrible team when they don't score, and even worse when their opponents score more than they do!