PDA

View Full Version : That's odd...my sarcasm meter is fully operational...

Hurley2Hill
03-09-2008, 10:41 PM
...yet it's not going off. Might be a software problem... (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook?page=notebook/weeklywatch018)

Faison1
03-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Are you kidding me???? Class???? Wasn't the game played at CIS??? Wasn't it Duke's idea to have a moment of silence???? And they credit UNC and post a picture of Danny Green thumbing his jersey and call it class?!?! I'm not sure I can handle ESPN anymore. This must be a joke.

dukegirlinsc
03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
WOW. I've always been a big ESPN fan, regardless. But in NO WAY do I find anything classy about that article, that photo, the post-game comments. If anyone was classy, it was Duke University. I didn't see the UNC students supporting the Duke Grad student who was murdered.

Ugh, I'm sick of this whole circus surrounding these events. I thank god for ESPN broadcasting games that I'm unable to attend, but sometimes I wish they'd keep their opinions out of it. Being that they all get paid for it...

Hurley2Hill
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
When I saw the picture and caption, I actually smirked and thought that someone had gotten in a nice dig at Dancer Greenlight's lack of couth. But then I scrolled and saw the text, and I was completely dumbfounded.

It really burns me up, since I probably took this loss better than any UNC loss ever, heck, I wasn't as upset about this game as I was the Wake game a few weeks ago. All of today, I thought, "heck with it, Duke gave it their all and UNC won it with a purpose, it's really not a huge deal."

Then I saw this article, and all of a sudden I'm right back to the hatred bubbling in my blood. My god, could this team be fluffed ANY harder? It's almost like no other team in the country has done anything worthwhile this year (tying today's excessive fawning/gloating in with all the Hasbro hype).

godukecom
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
:rolleyes: Look, I know ESPN is bad. But lets forget that we know who Duke or UNC is and just read that section for grammatical purposes only...

That is about as poorly-written, incoherent article I have ever read. Middle school newspapers write better articles than that. That is simply a list of "facts" (no, i do not believe it is factual, but it is written on that format).

What do we learn here? ESPN is bad at writing? yeah, ok, so we learn nothing

:mad:
Gosh, I am in such a bad mood. Duke lost to UNC in baseball, mens basketball, and womens basketball. This has been an awful, awful weekend for the cralile cup

Tomorrow is going to be terrible. I, who never give out any crap after a unc loss (due mostly to my firm belief that I had no impact on the game so i have no right to brag one way or another) will be bombarded with all sorts of crap.

move on devils, NEXT PLAY

Hurley2Hill
03-09-2008, 11:13 PM
I, who never give out any crap after a unc loss (due mostly to my firm belief that I had no impact on the game so i have no right to brag one way or another) will be bombarded with all sorts of crap.

Q4T

I'm in the same situation.

godukecom
03-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Q4T

I'm in the same situation.

Lets commiserate together!
Ignore the comments tomorrow, I've found it works best to wait until a duke win over unc and walk in without saying a word. of course, that may be in a while, since i do not believe both teams will make the acct finals