PDA

View Full Version : Clemson-Va tech

Exiled_Devil
03-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Anyone checking out this ending?

Lotus000
03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah....

I'm not going to say that was a home-court gimme foul because there WAS some body contact, but YEEEESH. (not that I really want to see anything go VaTech's way.....Seth Greenberg really gets stuck in my craw)

dukegirlinsc
03-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I turned it to the game just in time to see the Clemson player shooting the free throws to win the game. I didn't see what the foul was or what happened.

But why did the Clemson students rush the court? After beating VT? That drives me INSANE.

Klemnop
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
That's a bit judgemental, dukegirl.

Clemson just won a game in the last 5 seconds that sealed 3rd place in the conference and their best conference performance in 10 years. It was Senior night and the last game that Clemson fans will have a chance to see the Tigers at LJ this year.

Rushing the floor in that circumstance isn't understandable?

Had I been there I'd have rushed the floor. As it was I just rushed my living room.

dukegirlinsc
03-09-2008, 04:54 PM

Clemson just won a game in the last 5 seconds that sealed 3rd place in the conference and their best conference performance in 10 years. It was Senior night and the last game that Clemson fans will have a chance to see the Tigers at LJ this year.

Had I been there I'd have rushed the floor. As it was I just rushed my living room.

How was I being judgemental? I was asking why...
I've seen them do it on several different occasions, almost willing to say every home game. (I could very easily be mistaken.) I didn't know if there was some significance behind it or not. Jeez.

gofurman
03-09-2008, 05:40 PM

anyway, one call or not - great season for clemson. Now if yuo happen to beat duke in the acc tourney make sure and beat those 'other' guys too ! Purnell has things looking good right now

whereinthehellami
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
VT is playing some of the best ball in the ACC right now. I think they need to win two games in the ACC tourney to get into the NCAA but that isn't going to happen. VT had alot to replace coming into this year and ended up logging more freshman PT than any other team in the ACC and finished fourth in the ACC (almost third). Greenberg should win COY in the ACC.

gofurman
03-10-2008, 09:19 AM
VT is playing some of the best ball in the ACC right now. I think they need to win two games in the ACC tourney to get into the NCAA but that isn't going to happen. VT had alot to replace coming into this year and ended up logging more freshman PT than any other team in the ACC and finished fourth in the ACC (almost third). Greenberg should win COY in the ACC.

Back to his old antics - tried to incite/enter the entire Clemson huddle like he did Duke's. Also, if you saw the game it was the same ol' Deron the whole way through... what a bunch of junk...

Dukiedevil
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I turned it to the game just in time to see the Clemson player shooting the free throws to win the game. I didn't see what the foul was or what happened.

But why did the Clemson students rush the court? After beating VT? That drives me INSANE.

Look at the last time they went to the big dance and maybe you'll understand why they rushed the court. This win made them an absolute lock for the NCAAs even if they get beat in the first round of the ACCT. We'd rush the court too if we hadn't gone dancing in 10 years...

I always sort of pull for them because of the UNC thing. I can't imagine what that would feel like. Good to see them playing well. I hope they make a run for Purnells (and the seniors) sake.

whereinthehellami
03-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Back to his old antics - tried to incite/enter the entire Clemson huddle like he did Duke's. Also, if you saw the game it was the same ol' Deron the whole way through... what a bunch of junk...

I think it will be addition by subtraction next year for the Hokies with Washington graduating. The Hokies have a solid nucleus of young guys that will be around for a number of years.

camion
03-10-2008, 02:35 PM

Viginia Tech played better than expected, but don't give them too much credit since they played the easiest unbalanced schedule in the conference. They played UNC (1), Duke (2) and Clemson (3) one game each and lost all three. They played Miami (5) once, at home, and lost. They played the minimum possible number of games against their four strongest league opponents in the league and were 0-4.

Miami, OTOH played 5 games against the top three teams and won 2. Add in their win at Va Tech and they were 3-3 against their four strongest league opponents. If Va Tech had played Miami's schedule they would very possibly have been under .500 in league play. The unbalanced schedule sucks when it comes to ranking teams strictly by their conference records.

OldPhiKap
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Viginia Tech played better than expected, but don't give them too much credit since they played the easiest unbalanced schedule in the conference. They played UNC (1), Duke (2) and Clemson (3) one game each and lost all three. They played Miami (5) once, at home, and lost. They played the minimum possible number of games against their four strongest league opponents in the league and were 0-4.

Miami, OTOH played 5 games against the top three teams and won 2. Add in their win at Va Tech and they were 3-3 against their four strongest league opponents. If Va Tech had played Miami's schedule they would very possibly have been under .500 in league play. The unbalanced schedule sucks when it comes to ranking teams strictly by their conference records.

Agreed. Miami > VT at this point when it comes to NCAA selection.

I'm happy for Ollie Purnell and company. Littlejohn is a pretty good venue as well. VT plays punk ball and I hope they enjoy the NIT.

dukegirlinsc
03-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Look at the last time they went to the big dance and maybe you'll understand why they rushed the court. This win made them an absolute lock for the NCAAs even if they get beat in the first round of the ACCT. We'd rush the court too if we hadn't gone dancing in 10 years...

I always sort of pull for them because of the UNC thing. I can't imagine what that would feel like. Good to see them playing well. I hope they make a run for Purnells (and the seniors) sake.

And, like I've said in other threads, yesterday wasn't the first time they've done it this season.

dukemomLA
03-11-2008, 02:01 AM
I fear for other teams in the ACC because I truly think the Hokies will seriously injure at least one player during the ACC Tournament. And God forbid VT gets a bid to the NCAAs.

It's BEYOND TIME that the Commissioner and Officials step up! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for hard in-your-face basketball, but.....there are players (in all leagues) that go too far. (And, of course, it's the same guys time and time again). This players need to be smacked big time! Ejections, suspensions, anything to let them know: this is unacceptable.

snowdenscold
03-11-2008, 03:45 AM
I turned it to the game just in time to see the Clemson player shooting the free throws to win the game.

I didn't catch any of the game - but did you say Clemson made free throws to win the game?? Interesting...

whereinthehellami
03-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I fear for other teams in the ACC because I truly think the Hokies will seriously injure at least one player during the ACC Tournament. And God forbid VT gets a bid to the NCAAs.

It's BEYOND TIME that the Commissioner and Officials step up! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for hard in-your-face basketball, but.....there are players (in all leagues) that go too far. (And, of course, it's the same guys time and time again). This players need to be smacked big time! Ejections, suspensions, anything to let them know: this is unacceptable.

What are you talking about? Which games?

bjornolf
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
I sincerely hope that if VT wins a game in the ACC tourney, they don't hurt any of UNC's players. Much as I'm against our biggest rivals, I don't want them to have an excuse when we beat them in the finals and then they fall out of the NCAA tourney (plus, I hate it when guys get injured under any circumstances). Plus, if it's TH that gets injured, he'll definitely come back next year.

FerryFor50
03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
How was I being judgemental? I was asking why...
I've seen them do it on several different occasions, almost willing to say every home game. (I could very easily be mistaken.) I didn't know if there was some significance behind it or not. Jeez.

The reason:

Clemson is a football school. :D