PDA

View Full Version : Women not unanimous #1?

Bluedog
02-27-2007, 06:38 PM
After big wins this week and an undefeated season, there is still one person out there who doesn't think Duke deserves the #1 ranking. Martin Renzhofer of the Salt Lake Tribune picked Tennessee - a team Duke beat at their home. It also wasn't a situation where he picked Tennessee as the #1 the week before - he actually flip flopped them after we beat Carolina! Weird. :confused:

"I understand Duke didn't lose, but the teams that Tennessee beat and the way they won, I just feel they're coming on," Renzhofer said.

Linky link (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/news;_ylt=Aogp6X6iP8y7if_PdP9iPrtMvrYF?slug=ap-t25-womensbkbpoll&prov=ap&type=lgns)

dcarp23
02-27-2007, 06:45 PM
They are an invention that has long outlived its usefulness.

Karl Beem
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
They are an invention that has long outlived its usefulness.

They make an excellent IQ test.

johnnydakota
02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
That fool should be stripped of any voting priveleges. It's people like that which prevent the polls from being as accuate as they could/should be.

ohioguy2
02-27-2007, 07:20 PM
That fool should be stripped of any voting priveleges. It's people like that which prevent the polls from being as accuate as they could/should be.

What he said.

jlear
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Monday, July 8, 2002;
The Salt Lake Tribune has demoted television columnist Martin Renzhofer for lifting from the Web site Infoplease.com a verbatim description of the end of the 1972 Olympics men's basketball final. Renzhofer, who has apologized, will become a rewrite man at lower pay.

Renzhofer isn't known for his quality decision making skills.

ohioguy2
02-27-2007, 08:17 PM
These are the same kind of deep thinkers who did not vote Harding for 1st team ACC. Wow--they should be ashamed.:confused:

gep
02-27-2007, 08:47 PM
This kinda reminds me of the opposite situation for Duke... where Steve Spurrier always gave Duke football his vote... in this case, though, I thought it was to show his appreciation for his time at Duke. I think other folks thought he was crazy too...

EKU1969
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Spurrier only vote for Duke in preseason polls? There would seem to me to be a major difference in what he does and what this guy did. However, it can never tarnish the accomplishments this team made in order to finish the season 29-0!!
Congratulations to the entire team and coaches!
Go Duke!

gep
02-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I apologize... you reminded me of the "major" fact that I forgot... I do believe it was only in the pre-season poll that Spurrier voted for Duke football in the past. So it's definitely not similar to what this guy did.

And, as you say, the guy's questionable anyway, and will not take away from the great season. GO DUKE!!!

crote
02-27-2007, 10:13 PM
The guy's rationale doesn't even make any sense.

Tennessee did win out last week and beat a couple ranked teams in LSU and Vandy, but a very mediocre Arkansas team took them to overtime. That's not the kind of consistent, powerful performance that merits a flip flop.

devildownunder
02-28-2007, 10:43 AM
you've got to be kidding me. Who does this guy think duke played last week, a couple of Mountain West teams?