PDA

View Full Version : Thanks! (No negative or sarcastic posts allowed)

Bob Green
03-15-2007, 10:02 PM
If you desire to contribute to a thread without negative or sarcastic comments, I invite you to contribute to this one!

Thanks 2006 - 2007 Blue Devils for playing hard and doing your best. We came up short this year but that's okay. We will be back and better than ever! Here is to an off season spent in the weight room and on the court improving our game.

I'm still a DukeFanatic and proudly wearing my Duke jersey. It is time for all true Blue Devils to stand up and support our team.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

Sixthman
03-15-2007, 10:04 PM
no one should be allowed into the weight room until he hits 1000 free throws in a row

RelativeWays
03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Is it permissable to be angry? I am proud of how hard the team played this year but man am I angry. I want revenge yet there is no vengeance to be had.:mad: :(

dukehick
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Great post Bob... People can say what they will but this team worked its butt off at getting better all year. This was by far the youngest Duke team under K and they had some really great momments this year (including tonight by Paulus).
We will be deeper, stronger, more skilled and older next year! And how many teams can say that?

3rd Dukie
03-15-2007, 10:07 PM
If you desire to contribute to a thread without negative or sarcastic comments, I invite you to contribute to this one!

Thanks 2006 - 2007 Blue Devils for playing hard and doing your best. We came up short this year but that's okay. We will be back and better than ever! Here is to an off season spent in the weight room and on the court improving our game.

I'm still a DukeFanatic and proudly wearing my Duke jersey. It is time for all true Blue Devils to stand up and support our team.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

Well said, Bob. I wholeheartedly concur. Still a thrill to watch them, When your worst season in 10 years or so is what we had this year, we are blessed, indeed.

RelativeWays
03-15-2007, 10:08 PM
If any Tarheel fans give you grief, just remind them that they were in the same position just 5 seasons ago. It goes in cycles and our turn will be due very soon.

dukehick
03-15-2007, 10:10 PM
If any Tarheel fans give you grief, just remind them that they were in the same position just 5 seasons ago. It goes in cycles and our turn will be due very soon.

That's right. And remember ABCF (anybody but Carolina or Florida)!!!

Exiled_Devil
03-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Tarheels weren't in this position - they were at home with an 8-20 record.

I enjoyed this season. Of cours,e I would have liked to win more, but this team was an entirely new experience. Fierce defense, amazingly athletic plays, and awesome passing...about 30% of the time.

I look forward to next year. Hopefully we can avoid so many players coming off injuries (Marky, Josh, Greg, Dave) and get some time together over the summer. I tihnk that actually working out and playing together over the summer will give us a much stronger team.

Exiled

Milbarge
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Amen to the above. Thanks to the Devils for playing hard this season and representing Duke well. I just wish a few balls had bounced differently this year.

But above all, Duke-haters better get their licks in this year, because they won't get many chances like this one. I hope the next decade is as good as the one following Duke's previous first-round loss.

Madrasdukie
03-15-2007, 10:17 PM

...they had a year they went to the NIT with the freshman class of Felton, McCants and Sean May.

rsvman
03-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks, guys, for a hard fought season.

Despite the losses, you did the university proud by playing hard, playing clean, never giving up, and displaying good sportsmanship.

We'll be back next year stronger and better.

dockfan
03-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Great thread.

Thanks to the guys for their effort and the way they represented themselves, their families, and Duke basketball this season. The win against Boston College was as satisfying a victory (given the context) as any regular season win in recent memory.

I never was disappointed with the team's effort in any game this year, which is something I could not say about last year's team.

It was great watching the freshmen improve, great watching Josh's ever-evolving maturation process, and great watching Dave get a chance to make "winning plays." Oh how I wish he was healthy last season. It was also great to see Marty improve his defensive play. Now, his offensive decision making seems to be the only thing keeping him from more PT.

And congratulations go to DeMarcus Nelson, for completing his first full season at Duke with no (major) injury issues. He was this team's rock.

Above all, Greg Paulus deserves special recognition for putting together one of the most admirable seasons I can remember. This kid endured more ups and downs and widespread criticism (even from Duke "fans"), and did nothing but keep a great attitude, lead an incredibly young team, and develop into an outstanding shooter and scorer. I couldn't be prouder to call Greg Paulus Duke's point guard this season, and in the future.
[I guess those geniuses who said he wasn't a D1 point guard were really thinking that he is a D1 shooting guard???]

Finally, for anyone who has any connection to Duke or is the slightest fan or follower, after the Duke lacrosse events of last spring, we can all be proud of how the men's basketball team has represented the university this season.

Thanks guys for a great year.

Son of Jarhead
03-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Keep your chins up boys. We are still proud of you.

I am bummed/peeved that we lost, especially since I'll have to listen to the unc pr:cks at the office tomorrow, but I can't fault the players... they gave it all they had. We can spend the next days, weeks, months picking apart what went wrong, and for those who wish to have those discussions, that's fine, but for me, I will look forward at a positive future, instead of looking back & thinking negatively. Now that I've typed that, I hope I can do it...

...umm...

...nope, haven't yet, I'm still bummed.:( Mabye tomorrow...

...I know... Coach G, Linds, Ally, Abby, et al...You Go Girls!

GO DUKE!!!!

:D-GTHC!

Madrasdukie
03-15-2007, 10:34 PM

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan[/QUOTE]

There's a feeling of disappointment, there's a feeling of numbness but then there's an inveterate feeling of pride, to witness the hard effort put forth by my team despite all their foibles. As a fan that's all I can ask for.

I will wear my DUKE jersey with pride, tommorrow to work.

Here's looking forward to 2007-'08.

Go Duke!

cbarry
03-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Another thanks to Julio and Boswell (and James for leaving, so they could dismantle the SBBS) for developing this discussion forum, so we would have somewhere to rant and express our opinions.

I really like the look and functionality of the new boards. This is a true asset to the Duke Basketball community.

-cbarry

Son of Jarhead
03-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope they can get some work in together this summer, too. Greg might not be available the whole summer, though. In today's Durham Herald they quoted Coach K as saying that Greg's foot will be looked at after the season and he may have to have something done. I've heard others speculate about that, but hearing it from Coach K confirms it... Greg may have played all year on a bad wheel... kind of makes his gutty performances and unexpected scoring all the more impressive. Go get 'em next year, Greg!