PDA

View Full Version : Shelden gets some minutes, JJ too

CameronBornAndBred
03-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Shelden Williams got 22 minutes in his last game, one that the Kings lost. Which is bad for the Kings, but good for Williams, because it means it wasn't garbage time. Hopefully the trade will work out for him. JJ also has gotten some minutes in his last few games, mixed in with some DNP's. I hope he gets out of Orlando.
It will be interesting to see if the Kings keep Williams in the rotation, or are just experimenting. I know the Hawks were inconsistent with him, but that was probably based on performance, too. He got 6 points last nite, on 2-5 shooting, 1 block, and only 2 rebounds. I would have hoped for more for 22 minutes of court time.

MIKESJ73
03-06-2008, 12:37 PM
After seeing his last interview, JJ seems pretty upset. Just to paraphrase, he said he had been told he wouldn't be in the rotation and would be in Orlando long. Here is a link for the channel 13 Central Florida news story. It was right after the game that the Orlando Sentinel suggested that Redick would get a good amount of time with the injuries to their guards. Redick-DNP coach decision.

http://www.cfnews13.com/Sports/CentralFloridaSportsReport/2008/3/5/redick_bides_time_on_bench_for_magic.html