PDA

View Full Version : Duke MBB v UNC-Chapel Hill pre-game/in-game thread

TwoDukeTattoos
03-06-2008, 08:42 AM
It's the first time since 1991 that both teams enter the game with identical conference records. Hansbrough will get his, but if Duke can limit him to 20 points and can defend the 3 reasonably well, Duke will win. In CH, the rim had a lid on it for Ellington; one has to imagine that may not happen again. As long as we show grit 1998-style, Duke will send the Baby Blues crying.

dukelifer
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
It's the first time since 1991 that both teams enter the game with identical conference records. Hansbrough will get his, but if Duke can limit him to 20 points and can defend the 3 reasonably well, Duke will win. In CH, the rim had a lid on it for Ellington; one has to imagine that may not happen again. As long as we show grit 1998-style, Duke will send the Baby Blues crying.

Let us not forget that Duke beat UNC twice in 1991 to win the ACC outright AND won the NC when they were not expected to do so. Of course UNC killed Duke in the ACC tourney leading to the lore that Duke has to lose to UNC once to win the NC. Let's hope history repeats itself.

BlueBlood112883
03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
I just hope Markie's Senior Night isn't ruined like JJ, and Shelden's was. Especially at the hands of Tyler Hansbro and UNC. I like our chances though, and expect Nelson comes out heck bent on making sure he doesn't feel the pain the JJ and Shelden felt in 06.

ne1btunc
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
tywon get yo cheese up lawson already started the trash talkin by stating that he wants to "ruin our senior night".....gthcgthes

DukeDevilDeb
03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
tywon get yo cheese up lawson already started the trash talkin by stating that he wants to "ruin our senior night".....gthcgthes

I keep very few of my ticket stubs from games (I've been going for 23 years... hard to store all of them), but I do keep those from games I thought showed exceptional courage where players dig deep to find every ounce of strength and effort to win what seems to be a game in which they had no chance.

My February 28, 1998 ticket for the Duke-Carolina game at Cameron is one I treasure. I will never forget sitting in the stands at the half, just totally bummed by our first half play. We were down 17 in our own HOUSE, and Carolina looked as if they were going to romp in the second half. For one brief moment, I considered leaving... I wasn't sure I could take it. Remember, those of us from that era had just experienced the 1995-1996 seasons... we had some good freshmen, but this was the last game Wojo, Trajan, and Roshown would play at Cameron. And Elton had had a pretty week first half... just back from (surprise) a broken metatarsal.

My seat allows me to look into the eyes of the players as they run out on the court at the beginning of the game and after halftime. I will never forget Wojo's eyes that day... His eyes said, "We are going to win!" With Brand getting 16 second half points, and McLeod having 25 for the game, the offense was there. But it was the defense driven by Wojo (who slapped the floor so hard a couple of times that I thought he would hurt himself) that made the huge difference. You can't just scoring without stopping the other team from doing the same.

What a remarkable night to be in Cameron and what a wonderful time for Coach K to get his 500th career win. Now, 301 wins later, I'm getting ready for Saturday night's battle. I hope the players know about the 1998 game. Carolina had better talent, but we had better heart. And it was our heart as a team that won that game.

Go to hell, Carolina

GO DEVILS!

DukeDevil
03-06-2008, 12:18 PM

I saw that. See the end of the following article.
http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=78&p=2&c=734951

Definite locker room material for Duke. I also wonder why a player would confess to his weakness on the court "when they go to my left...etc." Misinformation?

I liked the way the team started playing in the virginia game like they did earlier in the season. Hopefully we can carry that into the Carolina game.

TwoDukeTattoos
03-06-2008, 12:18 PM

You're exactly right. Here's the quote from Scout.com - Carolina Insider:

But even with a left hip pointer delaying his plans for a seamless transition back into the starting lineup for Saturday’s pivotal game at Duke, Lawson is determined to provide the spark that was missing in the Tar Heels’ loss to the arch rivals last month.

“It’s at their place and it’s their Senior Night, and I want to ruin that,” Lawson said.

TwoDukeTattoos
03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
My February 28, 1998 ticket for the Duke-Carolina game at Cameron is one I treasure.

I recall this being the most intense Duke game ever, IMO. Duke slammed by UNC in CH and it was happening again in Durham. After halftime, Coack K was having none of that. He came out of the locker room wearing a polo shirt as opposed to his button-up shirt and coat! That is the only game I can recall that ever happening. And the look on McLeod's face was awesome! He was a man possessed during the 2nd half.

Ignatius07
03-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Definite locker room material for Duke. I also wonder why a player would confess to his weakness on the court "when they go to my left...etc." Misinformation?

This is not misinformation - this is the truth, and everybody knows it. It doesn't mean teams were able to stop him going right (pre-injury anyway).

DukeDevil
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
This is not misinformation - this is the truth, and everybody knows it. It doesn't mean teams were able to stop him going right (pre-injury anyway).

True, I guess it would be common knowledge. Do you think it's possible that Carolina, expecting people to drive on his left, have practiced having someone there to be ready to pick up the charge?

TwoDukeTattoos
03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.wral.com/sports/story/2534495/

SharkD
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
So Ty Lawson is now the Derek Zoolander of the ACC? (He can't turn left.)

http://graysmatter.codivation.com/content/binary/zoolander_face.jpg

(Go ahead, Tent 1 -- feel free to use 'Blue Steel'.)

Classof06
03-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Let's get it.

Classof06
03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
I just hope Markie's Senior Night isn't ruined like JJ, and Shelden's was. Especially at the hands of Tyler Hansbro and UNC. I like our chances though, and expect Nelson comes out heck bent on making sure he doesn't feel the pain the JJ and Shelden felt in 06.

That was the last game at Cameron of my college career and it was the worst. Only Carolina game we lost at home in my 4 years.

That was the day I knew Hansbrough was for real. He gave Shelden all he could handle and more.

DangerDevil
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM
My February 28, 1998 ticket for the Duke-Carolina game at Cameron is one I treasure.

I recall this being the most intense Duke game ever, IMO. Duke slammed by UNC in CH and it was happening again in Durham. After halftime, Coack K was having none of that. He came out of the locker room wearing a polo shirt as opposed to his button-up shirt and coat! That is the only game I can recall that ever happening. And the look on McLeod's face was awesome! He was a man possessed during the 2nd half.

The official story on Coach K’s wardrobe change was that it was so warm in Cameron, the game was actually an afternoon tip on an unseasonably warm early spring day, that he had sweat through his dress shirt.

The look of intensity in the teams’ eyes may have been a transfer of passion from their leader. Coach K got a little caught up in his halftime speech and in the process tried to loosen his tie and collar, he was so caught up in the speech that he not only loosened the collar but lost the top three buttons of his dress shirt.

That afternoon was also memorable for the administration’s attempt to curb the bonfire tradition with a foam party on Clocktower Quad. Although foam parties were all the rage at the time, they were still new and apparently the art of foam making had not been perfected. Instead of a foam filled quad, we ended up with a few big mud puddles in front of the foam blowers which led to a big mud pit. Never the less it was a great Saturday afternoon capped off by a few benches being burned later in the evening.
GTHC!

pfrduke
03-07-2008, 10:42 AM
People - how did this thread fall off the front page - game time is less than 36 hours away!

gray
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
The official story on Coach K’s wardrobe change was that it was so warm in Cameron, the game was actually an afternoon tip on an unseasonably warm early spring day, that he had sweat through his dress shirt.

The look of intensity in the teams’ eyes may have been a transfer of passion from their leader. Coach K got a little caught up in his halftime speech and in the process tried to loosen his tie and collar, he was so caught up in the speech that he not only loosened the collar but lost the top three buttons of his dress shirt.

That afternoon was also memorable for the administration’s attempt to curb the bonfire tradition with a foam party on Clocktower Quad. Although foam parties were all the rage at the time, they were still new and apparently the art of foam making had not been perfected. Instead of a foam filled quad, we ended up with a few big mud puddles in front of the foam blowers which led to a big mud pit. Never the less it was a great Saturday afternoon capped off by a few benches being burned later in the evening.
GTHC!

That was a great night! I also recall a bench burning protest later that week, either Wednesday or Thursday. It wasn't a raging party but rather a statement to the admins that we wanted to continue that tradition. I recall that night fondly, as it was the first and only time I ever got pepper sprayed!!:eek:

GTHC,

Gray

BlueintheFace
03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Has anybody heard of a single commentator choosing Duke over Carolina on saturday?

NW Indiana Dukie
03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Last night I saw Steven Bardo and Fran Fraschilla both pick DUKE in a close game.

DukeDevilDeb
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Has anybody heard of a single commentator choosing Duke over Carolina on saturday?

on espn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook?page=notebook/weekendwatch0307)
they say that, if we can hit our perimeter shots, we will likely win the game.

GTHC

whereinthehellami
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I think it all comes down to toughness for this game and I think you have to like what this Duke team brings to the table in that regard. I like Nelson to set the bar high for the Duke team this Saturday. I also think Singler is due for a big game.

I'd like to see Coach K switch things up a little and start Zoubek and tell him to really get after Hans in the paint. Hans like to body guys up downlow and i'd like to see him spend some energy on Zoubek. I'd then bring in Thomas at about the five minute mark and switch things up with a quicker guy fronting Hans. 5 minute physical stints on Hans between Thomas and Zoubek thereafter.

topps coach
03-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I hope that we attack carolina when they hedge on our screen at the top of the key. The key is to attack the heders outside leg when they show. By doing this the ballhandlers shoulder will be clearly past the defenders body and will create a blocking foul. This will also give the screener an opportunity to slip the screen for an easy layup. This worked two or three times the first game. I do not know if the refs will call it on TH but we can definely get a couple of call calls against Stepenson and Thompson which will negate their size advantage over us.

wisteria
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Looks like the Mannings are in town to support Coach Cutcliffe 's new school.
(Or am I the last one to know this?) :D

captmojo
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
You're exactly right. Here's the quote from Scout.com - Carolina Insider:

But even with a left hip pointer delaying his plans for a seamless transition back into the starting lineup for Saturday’s pivotal game at Duke, Lawson is determined to provide the spark that was missing in the Tar Heels’ loss to the arch rivals last month.

“It’s at their place and it’s their Senior Night, and I want to ruin that,” Lawson said.

Do you suppose Lawson might be jealous because he may not be around long enough to have a Senior Day of his own?

wilko
03-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Roy always tapes over the "DUKE" letters and emblems on the teams chairs? Does he have a mgr do that?

Unless he is going to bring his own chairs to sit in I dont htink he should ba allowed to deface property that way.

Must take alot of time to do that...
Some clever fellows should remove it at half time if he does it again. Lets see if he stoops that low for the cameras to retape.

Heres hoping their pregame meal contains lots of exlax....

SilkyJ
03-07-2008, 07:45 PM
If of interest...really its all about Lawson...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3280714&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

weezie
03-07-2008, 08:02 PM
"But summoning his inner Willis Reed, Lawson promised there was no injury that would keep him out of Saturday's game."

Surely has to be one of the more ridiculous, over the top comparisons in the history of this game. Ty Lawson as Willis Reed?!:eek:

socaldukie
03-07-2008, 08:25 PM
check it out...

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/ncb?id=3280518

MChambers
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
check it out...

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/ncb?id=3280518

17 turnovers nearly killed us! Thank goodness for all the 3s.

thanks for the link.

Lotus000
03-07-2008, 09:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook?page=notebook/weekendwatch0307

...always nice to see Jay Bilas breaking down our games.

QUESTION: If Jay didn't try SO HARD to be anti-bias for Duke (I've been quite vocal here in saying that I believe he goes too far and is actually the anti-Duke-homer), how close would he have to tread the line before people said 'aww rabble rabble rabble you just love Duke blah blah.'

It's interesting...you never really heard that about Brad Daugherty, or the G-Man (who tries less-hard to be less-bias for us in comparison to Bilas, by the way, I wish G-Man would grow the beard back)...

I just have a feeling that for some reason, Jay would be vilified if he really got into a Duke game on our side.

DukeDevilDeb
03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook?page=notebook/weekendwatch0307

...always nice to see Jay Bilas breaking down our games.

QUESTION: If Jay didn't try SO HARD to be anti-bias for Duke (I've been quite vocal here in saying that I believe he goes too far and is actually the anti-Duke-homer), how close would he have to tread the line before people said 'aww rabble rabble rabble you just love Duke blah blah.'

It's interesting...you never really heard that about Brad Daugherty, or the G-Man (who tries less-hard to be less-bias for us in comparison to Bilas, by the way, I wish G-Man would grow the beard back)...

I just have a feeling that for some reason, Jay would be vilified if he really got into a Duke game on our side.

If you go to the page indicated above, there is a poll on the side asking who will win: Duke or UNC? At the moment, with 25,461 votes counted, 62.8% of the responders say UNC will win; 37.1% say that Duke will win. As to the other .1% ... who knows?

Vote here too. This looks bad.

GTHC
GTH

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2008, 09:48 PM

Tell me more.........

Pernell
03-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I hope our three point shooters can revive the spirit of J.J.

I forgot how he went off against Carolina in 2006. This game was ridiculous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIeggAWXvWs&feature=related

Duvall
03-07-2008, 10:21 PM

Bilas get attacked as a Duke schill even with his vigorous efforts to remain evenhanded. There would be an uproar if he showed even a slight bias towards Duke.

People just aren't rational on the subject of this school.

billybreen
03-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Bilas get attacked as a Duke schill even with his vigorous efforts to remain evenhanded. There would be an uproar if he showed even a slight bias towards Duke.

People just aren't rational on the subject of this school.

Nor are people of this school rational with regards to Bilas.

Uncle Drew
03-08-2008, 12:14 AM
For what it's worth Rivals is picking UNC by 3 points 84-81, but they gave us the edge in coaching!

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1146&CID=782991

CameronBornAndBred
03-08-2008, 12:50 AM

second to last.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!
IS IT GAME TIME YET?!!! AAGGH I GOTTA GO GTHC SOMEBODY RIGHT NOW!!
I'll follow sweetiepie to work tomorrow, she works with some Carolina lovin bahstahds, I'LL YELL AT THEM!!!...GO DUKE!!!

Uncle Drew
03-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Well it's game day people. Unlike many years when this final game was played early Sunday afternoon it's late on Saturday. I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather get the whole thing over with. The build up to game time when it's Duke vs. UNC ALWAYS makes me watch the clock to check the time. Take a seditive. I make sure I have everything done I need to and turn the phones off. I don't want to talk to Duke fans durring the game and a UNC caller might get more than they bargained for.

I truly don't understand the so called experts insinuating the winner is a lock for a #1 NCAA seed as I think how both teams do in the ACC tourney means a lot. (Though it's been apparent many years they didn't wait to see who won certain games when filling out the final bracket.) Last game I said if they didn't at least give Hansbrough a touch every time down court Roy Williams was an idiot. I'd love to call him an idiot but Duke had a lot to do with keeping the ball out of his hands and team rebounding. This time they have Lawson and while I'm sure UNC is happy about that, I for one don't think he is as explosive as he was pre-injurry. It's an improvement over QT, but I think Paulus and Smith can stay with him better than last year. (Especially if they hedge him out and switch using good communication.)

Last game Duke was hitting their 3's and UNC wasn't. I'm not sure if we can expect that big a discrepancy this game. But if UNC is guarding the 3 line our guys have to put it on the floor and take it to the hole. The last game was the first I noticed Hansbrough plays "position D" and doesn't really try to block shots. He tries to draw charges a lot, but with Duke's quickness it could work to our advantage. A lot will depend on how the game is called. I hope Nelson is inspired but not too emotional. I hope Zoubek and Lance play smart on D and let the game come to them on offense. I hope Singler and Scheyer play scrappy and smart. And I hope Henderson and Paulus can work some of their alley-oop magic like they did against UVA.

I think this game, and again this is just my opinion won't be a carbon copy of the game in Chapel Hill. I look for more penetration from Duke than 3's. And I look for the ball to get into Hansbroughs hands more than it did last game, opening up the 3 for UNC to try. Rivalry games usually end up being pretty one sided, this one I'm afraid may be close down to the wire. But I think we can all be proud of what Duke has done so far this year win or lose. And we can take sollace since there will be a moment of silence and no "House Of Pain" playing on the speakers we won't have to see Green attempting to dance and looking like an eplileptic on meth.

Go To Hell Carolina.......Go To HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueintheFace
03-08-2008, 09:10 AM
In the annual talk to the crazies, K told them not to yell GTHC in in light of what happened to the Carolina student. Sad.

God, 12 hours till tip off and I can barely breath. This is going to be the longest day of my life.

Faustus
03-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I really like the game being played tonight. Many of the great Duke-Carolina season enders were at Cameron on a Saturday night in the past - like the great 47-40 - Airball - team triumphantly carrying senior Jim Spanarkel off the court on their shoulders night. It can be a great night. (plus it turns out I'm working 1:30-5:30 this afternoon)

Frankly, I wish the ACC tournament championship were still played Saturday night as they used to be years ago. There's just more electricity to it somehow then. I'm annually jealous of the grungy Big East championship slugfest that gets ESPN's Satuday night slot. It should be ours.

(GTHC)

Chard
03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Wow. If the atmosphere in Cameron right now is any indication of tonight, watch out. This crowd could be a factor tonight. I don't think I've been this excited about a Duke UNC game in a while.

chattpanther
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
The Crowd just showed great class and respect as Rece spoke about Eve Carson. They were all cheering and immediately when Rece began speaking about Eve, they all sat down and were quiet.

ArnieMc
03-08-2008, 12:29 PM
In the annual talk to the crazies, K told them not to yell GTHC in in light of what happened to the Carolina student. Sad.
Well, I sort of agree. Instead, maybe we could substitute:
KMAC,KMA - Hmm, some of the male unc students might want to take that literally.
BMAC,BMA - Might work better.
EMSC,EMS - Channelling Bart Simpson
ESADC,ESAD - Wrong cadence

Anybody got any better ideas?

throatybeard
03-08-2008, 12:32 PM
ESPN has a front-page poll about who will win. We're down 62-38 and the only state we're winning is Kansas, although Tennessee is tied.

billybreen
03-08-2008, 12:34 PM
ESPN has a front-page poll about who will win. We're down 62-38 and the only state we're winning is Kansas, although Tennessee is tied.

I guess Kansas doesn't give a s--t about Roy Williams.

pfrduke
03-08-2008, 12:58 PM

It's sure a good thing that basketball games aren't decided by the popular vote ;)

YmoBeThere
03-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Just keep in mind that the majority is always wrong...

mgtr
03-08-2008, 04:10 PM

So, I guess you are saying that Kansans are pretty smart people.

BlueBlood112883
03-08-2008, 04:41 PM

LOL. 4 hrs and 2 mins till gametime. I can't take the wait!!!!!!! I'm going to predict a "mild" upset since the nation is going against us and with the evil empire.

Paulus hits some key treys down the stretch, Markie makes a few drives, Scheyer makes the hustle play that puts the nail in UNC's coffin.

Duke 81
UNC 77

dukegirlinsc
03-08-2008, 04:42 PM
My power and cable have just been restored after being out for about 2-3 hours. Talk about freaking out. :eek:

Dbluedevils1530
03-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Hopefully Nelson scores 20+ in his last home game

CameronBornAndBred
03-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I'M GETTIN PSYCHED!
The women got my blood pumping with their win (congrats and get 'em tomorrow ladies) and now I'm ready for more! GL tonite guys, GTHCGTH!, I hope you wallow in misery on your somber 8 mile ride home. GO DUKE!!

OldPhiKap
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM

LOL!

ES, Ol' Roy, ES!

dukegirlinsc
03-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I hate 9:00 starts with a passion. I miss the Saturday/Sunday afternoon GTHC days. My stomach is in knots.

willywoody
03-08-2008, 08:03 PM
check out all the royal blue!

dukegirlinsc
03-08-2008, 08:05 PM
The blue ribbons being worn by the Gameday crew are classy, and they just mentioned the Duke Grad student who was also murdered. Very well done.

Lavabe
03-08-2008, 08:08 PM
CRY, Roy, CRY!!

Give that man a 10-cent Coca-Cola!

Take nothing; give up everything!

I am trying to find my George Mason shirt!

I still don't give a ____ about Caro-whine-a!

Still waiting to see the crying tarhole fan.

GTHC,GTH!!

9F, baby!!

Cheers,
Lavabe

mannem
03-08-2008, 08:31 PM
check out all the royal blue!

no kidding man, the students looks SOLID. i really want to destroy UNC tonight. humiliate them.

was anyone at that game a few years ago with the streaker? was that the unc game? i was there but don't remember what game.

_Gary
03-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Can I say it yet?

Gary

DukieInBrasil
03-08-2008, 09:27 PM
a slow start from our boys, fortunately our D has held UNC down some. We need to stop them from getting the ball to their big men. LT already has 3 fouls, hard to be productive when you´re fouling all the time...

_Gary
03-08-2008, 09:31 PM
We are going to be in for a major blow out if we aren't real careful here. It's gonna get away from us here in the first half if we don't calm the heck down! We are playing like crap. Clearly the hype has gotten to us because we can't even hold on to the ball. This is sickeningly bad play on our part up through the first 12 minutes of the game.

TheDuke11
03-08-2008, 09:36 PM
i just hope that we can keep it under 7 by half time.

TheDuke11
03-08-2008, 09:39 PM
our defense really hasnt been bad.
offensively we seem lost.

_Gary
03-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Right now the emotion has got the best of us. We aren't getting into our regular sets at all. Duke is taking some bad shots they don't need to take. And then when they get a nice wide open look from 3, they miss it badly. That combination is going to spell blow out. I'm looking at us being lucky if we aren't down by 14-20. I'd be elated if we could keep it down under 10 at half time. Right now I don't see it at all.

ajtrublu
03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
22 percent shooting so far - ouch! It's GOT to get better. Right?

feldspar
03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Green owns us.

DukieInBrasil
03-08-2008, 09:48 PM
great little 8-0 run there, and then we gave it right back. Hmmmm, i sense some bad omens in this game....

duke211
03-08-2008, 09:50 PM
We need inside scorers, cant rely on the three, we need some more athletic plays

DukieInBrasil
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
both of our complementary inside guys now have 3 fouls. Z and LT are just no match for quality big men.

Coballs
03-08-2008, 09:56 PM
What a disastrous half (including this year's version of speedo guy).

alaskan assassin
03-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Anyone seen the new speedo guy? What does EVE mean on the UNC jersys?

duke211
03-08-2008, 09:57 PM
we will need a big improvement, wish we had jamal still:( he could guard green

feldspar
03-08-2008, 09:58 PM

That dolt shoulda been tossed. If we lose tonight it's gonna be his fault. Bad karma.

What an idiot.

godukerocks
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM

How could speedo guy be that stupid...the real speedo guy finally gets some praise, and then he goes out and makes just a really clever gesture like that...

godukerocks
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM

Eve Carlson, the student body president at UNC who was just murdered...

vango
03-08-2008, 10:00 PM

Man, where have you been? Murder victim - UNC-CH student body president.

As for the game. We seem confused and a bit timid.

I keep seeing D-Marc at the top of the key with Hans on him - spread the floor and drive? Pull up / foul / lay up??????

grossbus
10 turnovers and bad shooting. how are we within 11?

how about one of those turnaround 2nd half performances???

Coballs
Bad vibes all around when I saw that clown

Duke76
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't really like the drive from the wings one on one unless our other guys are working down the passing lanes

also I think we need to go zone to change it up like the uva game

Coballs
03-08-2008, 10:04 PM
It's pretty obvious that Hansbrough is an intimidating presence

Saratoga2
03-08-2008, 10:05 PM
both of our complementary inside guys now have 3 fouls. Z and LT are just no match for quality big men.

Zoubek picked up some fouls that were just not needed. He is the one guy who can slow UNC down in the paint, but he is out due to fouling. Maybe it is just his lack of agility that gets him in trouble.

Nelson is really not playing his game. When he takes the ball inside his ball handling skills get him in trouble and his shooting is off tonight as well. He does so much better when others get him the ball in scoring position. Maybe it is senior night nerves getting him off his game

Singler just can't get it going against their defense. Too many turnovers and poor shooting has got to be corrected to have a chance in the second half.

Be thankful for Henderson, Paulus and Sheyer who are playing well. I would hope that Scheyer will pick up his offensive aggressiveness and Henderson will take more opportunities. Come on guys, play your game.

Duke76
03-08-2008, 10:05 PM
the question will be can we get past even.

I don't think we will play as bad

Coballs
03-08-2008, 10:07 PM
We have to change something, but with Green and Ellington feeling it it would be tough to go zone

Duke76
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM
the game in chapel hell was so much smoother by both teams, come on boys get some backbone

mannem
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM

really? he's 4-10, for only 8 points. we are doing a good job on him.

he also looks like beaker. BEAKER.

that speedo guy sucked.

alaskan assassin
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Eve Carlson, the student body president at UNC who was just murdered...
Oh yeah i don't know why i didnt think of that. The new speedo gouy is goning way over the line. They even had to apolgoze for showing him

Ultrarunner
03-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Zoubek picked up some fouls that were just not needed. He is the one guy who can slow UNC down in the paint, but he is out due to fouling. Maybe it is just his lack of agility that gets him in trouble.

To Zoubs defense, two of the fouls were bogus. A Tarhole slips on the drive and its a foul on Zuobek?

And TH has hammered Singler at least 3 times that I saw - typical result - no foul.

The 'Holes should worry. As crappy as we've played and the officiating has been, we can still take this. Just play tough D, hit some shoots, hang onto the ball.

delfrio
03-08-2008, 10:10 PM

It's pretty obvious Digger Phelps is trying to revisit his American Gangster roots.

Coballs
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
and 8 rebounds

delfrio
03-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Say a prayer to St. Markie. We need you.

ajtrublu
03-08-2008, 10:51 PM
No matter what happens in the next few minutes, at least our boys have made it a game worthy of Duke vs. UNC. Too bad we dug ourselves such a hole in the first half.
Go, Devils!

duke98
03-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't know how to feel right now.

"We could have won it -- that's great!" We were down 11 at the half, after all.

"Crap -- we could have won it!" We had opportunities to build on that 2 point lead and we didn't convert.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. On to the ACC tournament.

2535Miles
03-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Duke showed so much character in the 2nd half. I'm so impressed with the way we shut down Hansblahblah and despite the loss, I'm am thoroughly impressed with our effort down the stretch. 2nd place in the ACC, heading into the ACC Tournament is a great place for this team. It may hurt (yet to be seen) to lose the number seed in the east, but I am so excited about the post season and cannot wait to see what this team can accomplish.

Go the Hell Carolina, Go to Hell!!!