PDA

View Full Version : Where is "D" love?

Methodistman
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Not to steal from the Black Eyed Peas, but where is "D" love with regards to Demarcus Nelson? Has there been a senior captain at Duke that has recieved less love from the fans than D-Marc? I truly hope that Saturday night is an incredible out-pouring of love for the heart of this team. I remember how excited we all were when this incredible high school junior commited to Duke - the expectations were so high for him, and is he not living up to those expectations now? Come on - hit me up with you favorite D-Marc moment - I simply love the way this guy has become such a strong leader this year. Spread "D" love . . .

Jumbo
03-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Have you seen this (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6764)thread? ;)

Methodistman
03-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Have you seen this (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6764)thread? ;)

Yep ;) Every single day - twice a day, I might add (with both IE and Firefox I might add and suggest)

Methodistman
03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
By the way, when I last voted, I had to type in a security code that began with "9F" - I could not possibly being to think of a more appropriate code to begin a vote for D-Marc.

I must say - more than anyone in recent memory he has reminded me of Jeff Capel - a guy that I so routinely yelled "NO!" for when he took a shot or drove to the hole, but ultimately made the shot. Nelson has far surpassed what Capel ever was for us, and I trust he will bring us something Capel was close to but unable to bring us back in 1995, which is a victory in regulation!

Cameron
03-06-2008, 02:25 AM
There is no doubt about it that we will be losing A LOT when Markie graduates. No one, and I mean no one outside of MSG '95 Michael Jordan, will be able to replace what Markie means to our club next season. We will have plenty of players to help step in and try to patch the void, but our senior leader's presence will be missed dearly.

The more I think about it, Senior Night is going to be incredibly emotional on Saturday. It seems like two weeks ago that Markie arrived as a scoring machine freshman, and he is now on the way out. Where does the time go? Seriously?

Thank you so much, DeMarcus, for leading our team this season. You truly are one of my favorites and will always have my gratitude.

dukemomLA
03-06-2008, 03:15 AM
He has been an amazing team captain this season!

Paulus has evolved into the vocal leader on the court -- as he should be as the PG -- but with the game on the line, all look to Captain Nelson. Again, as they should and he delivers time and time again. And off the court, he's the MAN.

I disagree that DBR posters have not shown enough love to DM. I (and others) bow down to him and all he brings to the Devils.

This team is a true TEAM. As Coach K has said, The FIST. Personified by this group of young men. Excelling as BB players -- and most importantly as people. Damn....this season is fun.

For me, the only problem with March Madness is that when it's over, it's too long a wait 'til next year. Again, we will be filling the void with our comments of (mostly) drivel awaiting Midnight Madness and another excilerating year of Duke BB. Sigh....I'm almost in withdrawal already.

It's wonderful to see the progress of all these Duke players. So obvious to see, even from my inexperienced perspective.

To any players frequenting this site -- GTHC. GTH. Go get 'em!!

Cameron
03-06-2008, 11:39 AM
For me, the only problem with March Madness is that when it's over, it's too long a wait 'til next year. Again, we will be filling the void with our comments of (mostly) drivel awaiting Midnight Madness and another excilerating year of Duke BB. Sigh....I'm almost in withdrawal already.

I hear that.