PDA

View Full Version : Status Check!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
It's time for the main event! We took care of business in Charlottesville. It's warm and balmy, the heat from Hell leaking out as it opens its door to let the heels in!

GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!

Blueequalslife23
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Virginia is over so now it's time to focus on the our biggest game of the year vs UNC, Demarcus Nelson senior night. LET'S GO CRAZIES BRING YOU A' GAME!! GO DUKEEEEEEE!!!

Madrasdukie
03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
It's searing hot in Madras and will only get worse as Sat. approaches.

dukestheheat
03-05-2008, 09:28 PM
It's searing hot in Madras and will only get worse as Sat. approaches.

On Saturday night, the hated Holes will feel the HEAT of HELL in CAMERON, which is a HOUSE OF PAIN.

Let's GO!

GO DUKE!

dth.

DukePA
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Welcome To The Devil's Home where those in light blue melt like the Wicked Witch of the West!!! Don't forget Roy Boy, "you're not in Kansas anymore!"

GTHC, GTH . . GTHC, GTH

pamtar
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
God I love hating UNC.

DukePA
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
God I love hating UNC.

"Nothing could be finer than to hate the carowhiners . . ." They bring out my very immature, bratty inner-child ;)

DU82
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Virginia is over so now it's time to focus on the our biggest game of the year vs UNC, Demarcus Nelson senior night. LET'S GO CRAZIES BRING YOU A' GAME!! GO DUKEEEEEEE!!!

Hopefully this will "only" be our biggest regular season game, as I hope we have two other bigger games three and nine games later!

And let me take Ozzie's usual spot here to be the first to say 9F!

GTHCGTH

(Sorry Oz, didn't see the other thread!)

Jumbo
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
It's 40 degrees in NY, but March is here, and there's a sense that spring isn't far away. The forecast calls for warmer temps over the next three days, then a sharp drop come Sunday. Apparently, it has something to do with an odd heat source emerging in the South. Meteorologists are confident that whatever is causing the odd disturbance will be returned to its rightful place -- with the lid shut -- come Saturday night.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

Johnny B
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Fever if you really learned
Fever
Till you sizzlen
But what a lovely way to burn

But Peggy, that's nothing compared to the raging inferno that will be unleashed Saturday in Edmund McCullough's Indoor stadium.
GTHC

DukeDevilDeb
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
In my 23 years in Durham, the Blue Devils have always played better and have been more likely to win when the day leading up to the game shows not a hint of light-blue sky.

Imagine my delight when I just looked up the weather forecast for Saturday at Cameron:

Rainy/Windy/High chance of precipitation.... no blue sky showing at all--

until, of course, the sky turns DUKE BLUE after we win.

Go to HELL, Carolina
Go to HELL

devildeac
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
It's time for the main event! We took care of business in Charlottesville. It's warm and balmy, the heat from Hell leaking out as it opens its door to let the heels in!

only 7 this time, OZZIE? are you feeling well? I would expect several hundred or thousand of these...

msdukie
03-05-2008, 10:47 PM
God I love hating UNC.

POST OF THE MONTH

bluepenguin
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
In my 23 years in Durham, the Blue Devils have always played better and have been more likely to win when the day leading up to the game shows not a hint of light-blue sky.

Imagine my delight when I just looked up the weather forecast for Saturday at Cameron:

Rainy/Windy/High chance of precipitation.... no blue sky showing at all--

until, of course, the sky turns DUKE BLUE after we win.

Go to HELL, Carolina
Go to HELL
Would be if it were snowing in NC on Saturday!

ehdg
03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
You gotta Love ESPN if anyone forgot what Saturday is they took every opportunity to remind y'all. Also if you forgot chapel hell is only 8 miles away. :rolleyes: Now back to our regular schedule program.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!

devildeac
03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
We cannot let Jumbo embarrass and shame us on this thread before Duke-uncII. THIS must become the longest thread ever-to hell with the off topic thread and TO HELL WITH carolina!!

ikiru36
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Out here in the City by the Bay, some will assume that the nascent white blanket is fog, but I strongly suspect that it is the residue of steam emanating from UNC's inevitable, excruciating, scalding decent into Lake Jordan, on its way to Hell!!!!!!!!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RepoMan
03-05-2008, 11:51 PM
For reasons I wish I could explain, in Raleigh, it remains warmer outside than in my house where I just froze my a** off watching the Virginia game on tape delay.

Getting my game face on (pictures of Coach Knight's game faces from one of his great press conferences are now running through my head.)

GTHC GTH!!

npdevil27
03-06-2008, 12:05 AM
27 degrees and snowing in Ann Arbor, but I can feel the heat wave emanating out of Chapel Hell... GTHC!!!

Jumbo
03-06-2008, 12:06 AM
27 degrees and snowing in Ann Arbor, but I can feel the heat wave emanating out of Chapel Hell... GTHC!!!

Wow, a blast from the past. What brought you out of the woodwork? (And welcome back, of course.)

npdevil27
03-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Wow, a blast from the past. What brought you out of the woodwork? (And welcome back, of course.)
Been real busy with business school for the past year and a half... but I'm graduating in 7 weeks and senior slump has kicked in! Hope all is well with you (and everyone else on the board)...

Edit: oops, this post didn't add any substance, sorry mods... feel free to delete, this should be a PM anyway

Jumbo
03-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Been real busy with business school for the past year and a half... but I'm graduating in 7 weeks and senior slump has kicked in! Hope all is well with you (and everyone else on the board)...

Edit: oops, this post didn't add any substance, sorry mods... feel free to delete, this should be a PM anyway

Ha. The post is fine. Glad to see you're slumping instead of Duke.

dukemomLA
03-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Heat is good. The stifling swamp of Cameron even better. Our guys can run and gun with anyone. And as the heat rises, even better.

There is not a team in the nation in better condition than our Devils. (...and again, I attribute that to our Coach and Coaching staff --- and to the work by done by all during the off-season, and most especially to DeMarcus).

Break the tarholes down, make them sweat and run, give Ty Lawson's ankle a run for the money. Frustrate SI "Player of the Year" ---- pleeeze. Voila. Duke wins the ACC season championship and a #1 seed at the Big Dance.

captmojo
03-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Man! It didn't take long to get this up and rollin'.

There was an Elvis sighting here. Seeing as how I feel pretty certain that he must have gone to hell for playing that devil's music, the gates must be open.

Or........could it really have been Slim Whitman?????????

Anyway, I wish all a very happy 9F

ne1btunc
03-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Gthcgthes

twisterduke81
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
God I love hating UNC.

It brings a smile to ones face doesn't it.:D

EasternDB
03-06-2008, 10:12 AM
59 hours to tip and it is 54 degrees here in Northeastern NC....
:)

DevilGrad
03-06-2008, 10:17 AM
It's 10:15 AM here in Our Nation's Capital, where the rising heat from the Chappaheelya area is warming up the ground enough to get my daffodils poking up out of the ground, and the only thing better than settling in for a month of March basketball is getting it kicked off in grand style by sending Cover Boy Hansborough and his band of merry men straight back to Hell.

LET'S GO DEVILS!

killerleft
03-06-2008, 11:02 AM
11:00 am in the city named for Nathaniel Greene and the home of the ACC. Come on Duke, whup up on the Travelin' Hansburys!!!

Go Duke!!!!!!!! And, of course, GTHC, GTH x 100 ! And more!

DukeCO2009
03-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Inside info tells me no meteorological basic exists for the recent upswing in temperatures in Central North Carolina. Rather, the pleasant spring weather is a result of the opening of the gates of hell in Chapel Hill in preparation for Saturday's game. Upon its arrival back in CH after a crushing defeat, the UNC team bus will bypass the Dean Dome and proceed directly to hell; it will not pass go, and the players will not collect $200. All attending the contest are urged to sprinkle themselves with holy water to guard against the evil emanating from one particular corner of the gym. I've also received word that Tyler Hansbrough is still a whiny I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.--that's right, ladies and gentleman...you heard it here first!

GTHC!

dynastydefender
03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Go To Hell Unc!!! I Hate Them Sooo Much!!!!

wallyman
03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
all prepared in westchester county, ny. only issue is whether the dog can take it. he gets upset and barks his head off during every duke game -- too much emotion and anxiety in the room. that said, he'll have to man (or woman) up like the rest of us. will have to get some extra bones and chews ready to get him through it.

gthc.

killerleft
03-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Don't tranquilize that dog. The cacophony will help it seem like you're right in the middle of the fight!!!!

kinghoops
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
its a warm thursday afternoon here in person county, i wonder where those warm winds from the southwest is coming from????

west_coast_devil
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
its about 65 degrees in the Bay Area, but come saturday it should be hot as hell.

GTHC, GTH

OZZIE4DUKE
03-06-2008, 03:43 PM
66F here in 9F country!

Let's see, if heat decreases with distance the same as radiation does (inverse square law 1/D*D), it must be hot as Hell in chapel hill right now!

05dukie
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
A very sudden jolt of spring here in Ankara, Turkey tells me that the Heels will soon be roasting in Hell

GO DUKE
GTHCGTH

BD80
03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I've got an 80 lb Airedale, who is very sensitive to my emotions. When I get agitated he presses up against me so that I will pet him and thus calm down. If I ignore him, he puts his paws in my lap and stares me in the eye until I pet him.

Afternoon games are the best, he can stay outside. Hopefully Saturday night won't be too cold up here in Michigan!

wallyman
03-06-2008, 04:28 PM
they are amazingly attuned to what matters. i can jump up and down during any other game and he barely pays attention. but he knows when i'm watching a duke game and doesn't like the level of emotional energy in the room. doesn't even matter if i'm reacting pro or con. he's too small (corgi/something mix) to consider tranquilizing, not that i would anyway. we'll play through it.

gthcgth

devildeac
03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Go To Hell Unc!!! I Hate Them Sooo Much!!!!

this is sooo sweet-to draw UK fans into the fray and have them wish the holes a journey to Hades...

duketaylor
03-06-2008, 11:42 PM
After the warmest February I can remember here in Richmond I knew something was amiss. Lo and behold, after the beatdown laid upon the holes Feb 6th, I should've seen the writing on the wall. The Gates-O-Hell opened before that game, but they had yet to sucked into said hole because there was another meltdown waiting to happen 7 miles up the road in early March.
The time is upon us. May well extend itself into next weekend. A third beatdown would lead to GGLC!! I'll settle for Saturday night's Markie game. He's been a special player and I hope he goes out in a classy way.

GTHC, GTH!! 9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F9F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EasternDB
03-07-2008, 07:03 AM
38 hours till tip, 50 degrees in Northeastern NC.....:)

BlueBlood112883
03-07-2008, 07:55 AM
47 degrees here in Hickory, NC and rain..............ahhhh UNC guess what it's perfect weather for a Duke win. GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL!!!!!!!

RPS
03-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Everyone who's anyone agrees, from East Coast...
...to West.
We don't really have weather here in San Diego. It'll be 73 degrees and sunny today -- entirely normal. But it will get unusually hot tomorrow around 6pm....

EarlJam
03-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Gonna be hot for UNC fans....

-EarlJam

dyedwab
03-07-2008, 09:17 AM
...where even in my travels 250 miles north of my home in DC, I can feel the heat warming up to welcome our friends from Chapel Hill!!!

9f9f9f9f9f

DevilDad
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
48 degrees, rainy here in the central peidmont of North Carolina. Dare I say SWEEP!!!- A prayer for tarheel nation....May God give Eve's friends and family peace and comfort.

detule
03-07-2008, 10:38 AM
It is raining in Durham, because the sky is sweating the heat from a few miles down the road.

My boys are ready....So am I.

GTHC

kinghoops
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
45 and rainy in person county at 1pm on friday afternoon, tomorrows forecast, 100 percent chance of hell!!!!! GO DUKE!!!!

DukePA
03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
We are at a balmy 61 degrees with gray drizzle on the Crystal Coast.

GO DUKE!!!

blazindw
03-07-2008, 02:15 PM
46 degrees and rainy here in DC. Tomorrow's temperature will not be much better, as a heat wave warning for Orange County, NC has hogged all the warmth...and for good reason: Chapel Hill has opened the gates and will be burning in hell!

9F

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Here in the western piedmont of NC we've had lots of rain and cool temperatures today. There is a wind advisory posted from Lexington in the west to Clinton in the east for tomorrow. Gusts up to 45 mph with localized damage possible. Everyone knows that a strong wind can make a little fire mighty. During the quiet moments between pelting rains, I think I hear a soft chant growing hour by hour......
gthcgth

gthcght

gthcght

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Here in the western piedmont of NC we've had lots of rain and cool temperatures today. There is a wind advisory posted from Lexington in the west to Clinton in the east for tomorrow. Gusts up to 45 mph with localized damage possible. Everyone knows that a strong wind can make a little fire mighty. During the quiet moments between pelting rains, I think I hear a soft chant growing hour by hour......
gthcgth

gthcght

gthcght

gthcgth

gthcgth

(An example of a learning disability at work!!!! Please note the corrected reversals)

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Just got an email from my sister.... out in the 'burbs of Chicago. Snow showers accompanied by some wind and a temperature of around 20.... there was a disturbance in her building today..... a hint of sulfur and some unexplained vibrations felt throughout the building. Many were alarmed, but Sister Woman recognized the phenomenon immediately and began to chant gthcgth quietly at her desk.

watzone
03-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Live from Cameron for me! It's 6:17 and Carolina can Go to Hell!

socaldukie
03-07-2008, 06:58 PM
warm and beautiful 72 in cali

GTHC

weezie
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Gonna be hot for UNC fans....

-EarlJam

"FORECAST CALLS FOR PAIN"

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Just had a call from my sister in suburban Chicago. She was driving home on 294 today and came across a sign warning drivers not to smoke for the next several miles. As she continued on her way along with the throngs headed home, the smell of sulfur became more and more pronounced. Sister Woman (Class of '72) then began to tap her steering wheel in that unmistakable rhythm: G T H C G T H....

ArkieDukie
03-07-2008, 09:08 PM
It's cold with snow showers in central Arkansas. Of course, it's because all the heat is being pulled to that tacky blue town that's going to a far warmer place.

9F^n

ohioguy2
03-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Here in NW Ohio there is a strong chance that by tomorrow evening we will have 8-10 inches of snow and strong winds. My electricity and cable better stay on!!:D

GTHC,GTH

ricks68
03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
No way it's 43 here in Houston right now. Feels like it, but no way. Going down to 36 by late tonight, but will be hotter than hell by gametime tomorrow-----and staying that way all game long!

GTHC, GTH

ricks

devildeac
03-07-2008, 11:28 PM
the ashes and flames in Raleigh are getting hotter, the earth is scorched and the lakes are dry. Is the drought getting worse by the minute or are the fires from hell engulfing the Triangle area. I sense the latter as the pale blue ones go to hell, never to return.

devildeac
03-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Is that why no new disposals will soon be allowed in Wake County?

the n&o said on thursday it was to keep the sewer pipes clean. i think it has to do with reducing water use. i think it may have to do with all that is tarheelia in wake county and to keep them from going to hell in one manner or another

DukieInKansas
03-08-2008, 01:45 AM
The high on Friday in OP registered in the morning and the day kept getting colder. The heat is leaving our town and heading east as the Tar He*ls open the gates to prepare for their descent.

GTH, C, GTH!

bluepenguin
03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Now, if only this game were being played in the Meadowlands......

godukecom
03-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Warming up rapidly here in chapel hell as the holes begin to contemplate their impending demise

We can all say with certianty, GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Roughly 8 hours til tip off and suddenly the wind picked up in gusts, cleared away the clouds and turned the entire sky over the Dump on the Hump into that sickening tint of light blue. What can it mean? To me it doesn't bode well. Any other possible explanations will be greatly appreciated because it's making me too dang nervous!!!!!

Love, Ima:eek:

dukegirlinsc
03-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Roughly 8 hours til tip off and suddenly the wind picked up in gusts, cleared away the clouds and turned the entire sky over the Dump on the Hump into that sickening tint of light blue. What can it mean? To me it doesn't bode well. Any other possible explanations will be greatly appreciated because it's making me too dang nervous!!!!!

The sky will be a much darker shade by tip-off. :cool:

CathyCA
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
It's 45 degrees here in sunny northern California, but we're expecting temperatures in the 70's by tipoff. Could those warm temperatures be a result of the flames emanating from the east?

Go to hell, Carolina! Go to hell!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-08-2008, 11:08 AM

That color in the sky is just a ruse to give our visitors a false sense of security! This is our day. Expect a great day like Dick Groat, Art Heyman and Tinkerbell brought us.

Coach Cutcliffe is bringing in some back up support to be in the stands today. The Speedo Guy is being honored by ESPN. Our game plan is ready. Coach said so.

When the next front comes in, the sky will darken as the Blue Devils emerge triumphant!

balkan boy
03-08-2008, 12:51 PM
6:47 pm and still hot in Pristina (just over 8 hours to tipoff) - the serbian government just fell over the kosovo independence issue and one can only wonder whether something similar will happen in hell after a dark blue sweep....

balkan boy

dukegirlinsc
03-08-2008, 01:27 PM
61 degrees here and mighty windy. This day couldn't be dragging by any slower.

Jumbo
03-08-2008, 01:46 PM
It's 1:45 p.m. and 45 degrees in NY -- a little warmer than usual this early in March. A thick, eerie fog has descended on the area. Some say the apocalypse is upon us, but Duke fans know the team will slam the gates of hell back down on UNC soon enough.

GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!!!

captmojo
03-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Of course, all the windiness down here is due to the fact that the gates are open and carolina sucks. or, it could be that carolina sucks, therefore the wind blows.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Of course, all the windiness down here is due to the fact that the gates are open and carolina sucks. or, it could be that carolina sucks, therefore the wind blows.

carolina blue is past tense for carolina sucks! So says my bumper sticker.

The wind is blowing hard and steady - obviously the gates to Hell have opened up to let the tar holes in.

Lavabe
03-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Well after a two-day festival of Comcast repair-people, the temperature here in Marietta is 35 degrees, blustery, with a sopping wet ground. But the temperature in here is getting warmer because we have TV again, just in time to see Speedo Guy, MulletMan, and Viking on Gameday. Undoubtedly, it will get too warm for the speedo, but just right for Lederhosen.

Oh yeah, and Carolina can, like Comcast, GO TO HELL!!

CHEERS,
LAVABE

DancinDevil
03-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Here in Michigan, it's freezing cold. But it'll be nice and warm in Hell for Carolina!

BlueBlood112883
03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
35 here today in Hickory and was pouring down rain earlier....but now the sun is out. Oh well guess Mother Nature is trying to be neutral and give the UNC fans some hope. Too bad the only Carolina Blue they will feel great watching today is outside right now. Better savor it, because tonight is going to be a long night for UNC and their fans. GTHC GTH!!!!!!

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-08-2008, 04:55 PM
...those light blue skies that were worrying me earlier in the day here on the Hump Dump have completely clouded over. It looks pretty grim around here now.

The residents have all retreated into their homes, barred their doors and windows and have begun to shudder. The quiet is eery. Only the wind whistling around for company.

I'll be heading out shortly, parking pass and tickets in hand, to pick up "Native". We'll be settling into our seats in Section 14, digging into our lucky popcorn, happy, relaxed and expecting to win.

No matter the outcome,though, I hope the Devils can feel how they've lifted us up this year. We've never been more proud of a team.

Love, Ima

dongringo
03-08-2008, 05:50 PM
That disgusting shade of blue has been quickly swallowed in the clouds now. All that can be seen is the brilliant oranges and yellows of the fires of HELL burning due west of Raleigh.

GTHC, GTH!
GTHC, GTH!

99DukeMom
03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
It's 38F and raining like where Carolina can go!

The women were great today! Let's try to send both of those teams to Hell!

follyblue
03-08-2008, 07:14 PM
It is 49 here in sunny Folly Beach, South Carolina,
but a fearsome ill-wind has been blowing all day
out of the northwest and
stinking of brimstone.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
carolina can still go to Hell!

We'll get 'em when we play them next Sunday in Charlotte!

godukecom
03-09-2008, 01:11 PM
"carolina can still go to Hell!

We'll get 'em when we play them next Sunday in Charlotte!"

How about right now? Ladies up 5-1 early in greensboro