PDA

View Full Version : Coach K a finalist for USBWA Coach of the Year award

Mike Corey
03-05-2008, 02:45 PM
The finalists for the Henry Iba Coach of the Year Award in 2008 are as follows:

Rick Barnes (Texas); Keno Davis (Drake); John Calipari (Memphis); Mike Krzyzewski (Duke); Lon Kruger (UNLV); Sean Miller (Xavier); Matt Painter (Purdue); Bruce Pearl (Tennessee); Rick Pitino (Louisville); Bo Ryan (Wisconsin); Herb Sendek (Arizona State); Kevin Stallings (Vanderbilt).

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r22/Coreyo34/05sokokrzy1841.jpg

Additionally, the following student-athletes are finalists for the Oscar Robertson Player of the Year award:

D.J. Augustin (Texas); Michael Beasley (Kansas State); Chris Douglas- Roberts (Memphis); Shan Foster (Vanderbilt); Tyler Hansbrough (North Carolina); Luke Harangody (Notre Dame); Robbie Hummel (Purdue); Kevin Love (UCLA); A.J. Price (Connecticut); D.J. White (Indiana).

SilkyJ
03-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Herb has done a great job this year, so I guess he'd get my vote. ASU in general has had been a surprise in Football and Basketball....

POY goes to Beasley...and as Bilas says, it ain't close

rsvman
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
POY goes to Beasley...and as Bilas says, it ain't close

Yes, but Hansblahblah will get it anyway.

SilkyJ
03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
care to share anything insight as to WHY you think this might happen?

you would think the day after they post the "Spring Cleaning" sticky people might put just a LITTLE thought into their posts.

i sound like a mod.

GTHC GTH ES!

better.

Duvall
03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
care to share anything insight as to WHY you think this might happen?

He's the leading scorer and rebounder for the #1 team in the country, and has carried that team after an lengthy injury to its most talented player. More importantly, the voters won't want to give the award to a one-and-done freshman two years in a row.