PDA

View Full Version : Defense???

dbowen
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm sure glad the team went back to Durham to work on defense after the loss to NC State!!!
VCU might have scored over 100 on them if they didn't.
At least we held them to under 80 pts.
(extreme exaggeration if you haven't picked it up yet)
The team is out of their misery i guess.

jjasper0729
03-15-2007, 09:51 PM
They obviously worked on defense because instead of stinking on defense for 3/4 of the game, they only stunk for half of the game, unfortunately it was the last half of each half that they stunk it up.

dbowen
03-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Your right. My bad.
Maybe with some more Mcdonalds All-Americans on the way, the team can communicate a little better.
And, for all you out there that think I'm a UNC fan, you're wrong.

Gozza
03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
The defense is horrible because our guards cannot stop penetration at all. This team is easily the worst group of on-the-ball defenders I've seen since coming to Duke in '92.

It's a shame too, b/c they bring a lot of offensive skills to the table (despite the fact they went long stretches without exhibiting them). It would have been interesting to see what this team had been capable of if there was a defensive system in place that helped cover-up some of their weaknesses rather than expose them ([cough]zone[cough]). Full-throttle man-to-man is great when you've got Williams, Duhon, Jones, Wojo, or Hurley on the perimeter turning over the opponent. But we just didn't have the personnel.

Imagine if Paulus and Scheyer weren't completely gassed at the end of every game b/c they weren't chasing guys for 40 minutes who are quicker and faster than them. Maybe they'd still have their legs for the offensive possessions instead of barely grazing front iron on 3's and missing free throws.