PDA

View Full Version : Boston College v UNC-Chapel Hill

Wander
03-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Holy crap!

grossbus
03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
i have been out, explain (as i start to search scores).

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
He's on FIRE. And OH MY GOSH, Ty Lawson is playing. And UNC is still getting blown out.

So far, he hasn't been a miracle-worker. Keep it up, BC!
GTHC.

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:20 PM

I'm watching bits and pieces of the game, but he'd already made 6 3's with around 12:00 left in the first. (That may not be exactly correct, but it was pretty close.)

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm just glad he didn't shot like that when BC played Duke!

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm just glad he didn't shot like that when BC played Duke!

Amen to that. Things coulda' been uggggg-lyyyyy.

Duvall
03-01-2008, 04:27 PM

Rice scored 23 points in the first seven minutes of the game.

And yet, Carolina is still going to win.

BD80
03-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Gotta love the commentators, as Rice scored 23 in the first 7 minutes, the color guy says "wow, what is he on pace for?" The reply? "Sixty"

Maybe he mean the 1st half.

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Rice scored 23 points in the first seven minutes of the game.

And yet, Carolina is still going to win.

It seems too good to be true right now.

Lavabe
03-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Rice 27 : UNC 33... 314 to go first half.

FT's are keeping UNC in the game.

Lavabe

RelativeWays
03-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Someone find Jimmy Dykes and SHUT HIM UP!

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
The announcers have him on pace for 68 points. I hope he scores 70.

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:38 PM
UNC is being forced to put 2 or 3 bodies on Rice, which is obviously leaving other BC players open. As long as those open players can produce some offense, BC should pull away. "Should" being the operative word in that sentence. :rolleyes:

Namtilal
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
What a first half! I hope BC enjoyed it, because I think UNC will come back as a different team in the 2nd. Rice will get more points, but who will win the game? It ain't over yet.

And, since it's March, can we call his first half "Childressian"?

_Gary
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
This is just unbelievable. I just hope he doesn't cool off in the second half, because they are going to need everything he can give them in order to hold UNC off.

And as an aside, can I just say I'm so sick and tired of Hansblahblah constantly throwing himself into players and getting three-point plays out of it. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone get away with what he does more in my 30+ years of watching basketball on any level. It's just insane.

Gary

Travi_K
03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Man, this guy is out of Control and I Love it. My former Favorite Underdog Tarheel Slayer from Weber State Harold (Arsino) (phonics b/c I have no idea how to spell his last name) may have to take a seat behind Rice if they can pull of the Win. He is going straight Iverson on them.

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
And as an aside, can I just say I'm so sick and tired of Hansblahblah constantly throwing himself into players and getting three-point plays out of it. I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone get away with what he does more in my 30+ years of watching basketball on any level. It's just insane.

Gary

I agree. But yet, Duke still gets all the calls. :rolleyes:

He's constantly pushing his booty on someone, chest bumping someone in the post, throwing shoulders, elbows, and god knows whatever else he can.

Wander
03-01-2008, 04:48 PM
He hasn't really forced anything either - he's doing a very good job of getting his teammates involved.

Lavabe
03-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Man, this guy is out of Control and I Love it. My former Favorite Underdog Tarheel Slayer from Weber State Harold (Arsino) (phonics b/c I have no idea how to spell his last name) may have to take a seat behind Rice if they can pull of the Win. He is going straight Iverson on them.

Harold "The Show" Arceneaux Weber State...

Rice 34: UNC 40 at the half.

Dadgumit, I hope BC wins, but I just feel very pessimistic.

14pt BC lead. Can BC quit and win at this point?:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Lavabe

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Harold "The Show" Arceneaux Weber State...

Rice 34: UNC 40 at the half.

Dadgumit, I hope BC wins, but I just feel very pessimistic.

14pt BC lead. Can BC quit and win at this point?:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Lavabe

What are the grounds for terminating a game due to a power outage? Does the half-time leader get the victory? :p :rolleyes:

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:55 PM
He's now got 38. And he's "capable of doing something we haven't seen in a long, long time."

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Also, fyi:

Sean Singletary scored 41 points today for UVA in their 95-93 loss to Miami. Jack McClinton had 34.

D9u9k9e
03-01-2008, 05:02 PM
What is the website for viewing games on the computer? It was posted in an earlier thread, but I can't seem to find it now.

I was going to try getting some work done in a coffee shop, but now I have to watch this game...

slower
03-01-2008, 05:06 PM
This is just unbelievable. I just hope he doesn't cool off in the second half, because they are going to need everything he can give them in order to hold UNC off.

Gary

Well, if it's any consolation (and I'm not sure that it is), Hans will get his lunch eaten in the NBA. Think Mark Madsen without the funky dance moves and bilingual ability. Actually, I think Hans is older than Madsen, isn't he?

dukegirlinsc
03-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Here comes the splurge by the holes. HOLD 'EM EAGLES.

Ty Lawson has zero points in his return.

_Gary
03-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, if it's any consolation (and I'm not sure that it is), Hans will get his lunch eaten in the NBA. Think Mark Madsen without the funky dance moves and bilingual ability. Actually, I think Hans is older than Madsen, isn't he?

Oh, I'm with you all the way. I'm confident the guy will be a bust in the NBA. He'll stick with a team but no way is he an impact guy.

Namtilal
03-01-2008, 05:10 PM
UNC down 6. The comeback has begun, this game is over. Rice has no half-court skills. He seems to only be a great shooter, not a great player.

pamtar
03-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Figures. As soon as I turn it on the holes get within six. If BC doesnt get it above 10 in the next 5 minutes I will consider myself bad luck and turn it off.

Lavabe
03-01-2008, 05:11 PM
BC in a nonslaught...
Tacky Blues trail by 6 w/1259 to go

Rice is doubling the scoring pace of Clever Hans.
BC in LOADS of foul trouble.

Cheers,
Lavabe

slower
03-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Turn it off NOW!

pamtar
Game over.

ArkieDukie
:mad: Why did I see this coming?

Namtilal
03-01-2008, 05:13 PM
It's like the BC players are glued to the floor, there is no movement on offense at all. UNC is playing aggressive, and instead of fighting through the defense, BC has just quit. C'mon, make UNC foul!!!

_Gary
03-01-2008, 05:14 PM
What's truly pathetic is all the UNC fans in the building. I can't believe all the cheers I'm hearing for the Holes. Sickening.

pamtar
03-01-2008, 05:18 PM
What's truly pathetic is all the UNC fans in the building. I can't believe all the cheers I'm hearing for the Holes. Sickening.

How the hell do that many UNC fans get to that game? I was just at our game and there was like 1/4 Dukies there. This sounds like there is more holes than eagles!

ArkieDukie
They're up on Vandy by 5 now. It was more, so I turned away. I'll have to turn the TV off altogether if the Vandy comeback continues.

UNC just went ahead, so I'm hoping that I can cancel the effect of turning over to watch them lose.

Lulu
so exactly how many minutes did it take BC to blow a 17 point lead and lose the lead?

Namtilal
03-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Message to the rest of the ACC: Be like Duke. When you get up 17 points on UNC, don't let them score 18 straight. It tends to make you lose the lead.

Update in the fight for a #1 seed: Texas down 7 in the 2nd half.

freedevil
03-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I like how Duke gets all the calls. Rice just got Hansbrough into a jump ball situation and another referee, from BEHIND the play, overruled the original call. Why? WHY?

BlueintheFace
03-01-2008, 05:25 PM
It is such a shame that this great performance will be in a loss...

_Gary
03-01-2008, 05:25 PM
How the hell do that many UNC fans get to that game? I was just at our game and there was like 1/4 Dukies there. This sounds like there is more holes than eagles!

I'd love to see how Carolina would respond if they had to play against the same hostility that Duke does night in and night out on the road. There's no doubt that crowds hate Duke far, far more than UNC. I'm not sure, other than Cameron, that UNC faces a true road test in the same way Duke does at any point in the year.

pamtar
03-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd love to see how Carolina would respond if they had to play against the same hostility that Duke does night in and night out on the road. There's no doubt that crowds hate Duke far, far more than UNC. I'm not sure, other than Cameron, that UNC faces a true road test in the same way Duke does at any point in the year.

Agreed. We definitely get everyones BEST shot. The only true road test UNC gets - besides us - is NCSU. It's still not the same though. People dont storm the court when they beat UNC - they always do when they beat us.

Namtilal
03-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Look at the bright side... UNC is stuck with Dykes, we got Raftery for our game.

RelativeWays
03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I can't believe how lethargic the crowd has been, even when they had the big lead. Its like beating UNC was a nice idea, nothing more.

mr. synellinden
03-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Look at the bright side... UNC is stuck with Dykes, we got Raftery for our game.

Have to agree. Dykes is horrible. It's painful to listen to him.

Billy Raf is the best. I loved his signature "ONIONS!" when Paulus hit the three to tie the game.

ArkieDukie
03-01-2008, 05:46 PM

Is this 2f or a variation thereof? (for the newbies who are reading, refer to the Handy Pocket Reference - it's linked as a sticky)

Gary: I'm not picking on you, I promise. I've been noticing a lot of other posts like this one and wondered if a revision of the HPR was in order. :)

Da-du-hon-hon-hon, Da-du-hon-hon.

_Gary
03-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Is this 2f or a variation thereof? (for the newbies who are reading, refer to the Handy Pocket Reference - it's linked as a sticky)

Gary: I'm not picking on you, I promise. I've been noticing a lot of other posts like this one and wondered if a revision of the HPR was in order. :)

Da-du-hon-hon-hon, Da-du-hon-hon.

No, this is a different issue and requires a new entry, as best I know. It's not a variation of 2f, or at least it's not intended to be that. I think it's worthy of it's own number/letter. :D

Oh, and if there is a revision I call dibs on everything in category #2 as needing to be nick-named "Gary's Conspiracy Theories".

Cameron
03-01-2008, 06:04 PM
What are you guys talking about? Dykes' amazing contributions to the game of basketball, in regards to his innovative yet scientifically impossible Shadow Defender complexions and secrets, have been nothing short of amazng. He's an icon.

Without the shadow defenders crazily disappearing and reappearing at different times on the court for Carolina, BC wins by 80.

ArkieDukie
03-01-2008, 06:13 PM
No, this is a different issue and requires a new entry, as best I know. It's not a variation of 2f, or at least it's not intended to be that. I think it's worthy of it's own number/letter. :D

Oh, and if there is a revision I call dibs on everything in category #2 as needing to be nick-named "Gary's Conspiracy Theories".

I think you're probably right. It does fall into the "everyone is against us" category but isn't quite 2f (UNC owns the media and they're all against us). I read the entire HPR and this did seem to be the closest, though.

As an aside, I had almost forgotten the true genius of the HPR. For those of you who haven't read it lately, go take a look and then look at the threads on the first page of the Elizabeth King Forum. Throaty, I salute you.

Classof06
03-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Have to agree. Dykes is horrible. It's painful to listen to him.

Billy Raf is the best. I loved his signature "ONIONS!" when Paulus hit the three to tie the game.

Did anyone hear Dykes during the game today? Talk about Patrick and Vitale's obssession with Duke all you want but Dykes has been on Hansbrough's jockstrap all year. Today, while UNC was making their run to get back into the game Dykes goes off on a rant that sounded something like:

"And if you're UNC, you cannot let one guy beat you; you can't let one guy prevent you from keeping pace with Duke, from a potential #1 seed. there's just too much on the line."

Sounds like a UNC fan if I've ever heard one. It just seemed a little inappropriate for a color guy to have such Carolina Blue-colored glasses.

weezie
03-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Dykes is cuckoo silly for TBangs. As are all of the announcers that I've heard this year. They're acting like a bunch of teenaged girls at the mall. Pretty soon they'll start slapping and tickling each other during 'holes games.

dukegirlinsc
03-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Dykes is cuckoo silly for TBangs. As are all of the announcers that I've heard this year. They're acting like a bunch of teenaged girls at the mall. Pretty soon they'll start slapping and tickling each other during 'holes games.

I agree, and Billy Packer is just as bad. He was horrid during the Duke/UNC game.....apologist to the max, especially when Hansbrokenface missed a free throw. Patheticcccc.