PDA

View Full Version : a fine beginning

devildownunder
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
22-9. Can't ask for a better start than this for the guys. Let's keep it up! And Lance, feel free to keep taking 17-footers as long as you are making them. :)

EddieRebel
03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree, it was a great start. I hope they can switch gears and get that momentum back quickly.

Question about Paulus: Has he been under the weather lately? The stupid announcer's (Lavin?) been saying that he's fatigued all night (starting about 6 minutes into the game). I can't figure out how he would be that fatigued given that we have played one game in the last 11 days, and it was a week ago.

dukehick
03-15-2007, 07:59 PM
MARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DukeCO2009
03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
MARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat me to it. That's literally exactly what I was going to type. What a BEAST! He needs to play 20 minutes a game and should have been all year. He makes up for his defensive shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball.

devildownunder
03-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Beat me to it. That's literally exactly what I was going to type. What a BEAST! He needs to play 20 minutes a game and should have been all year. He makes up for his defensive shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball.

I wouldn't go that far. It's not like he's been doing that kind of thing all year and then heading back to the bench. That said, the way the fouls are mounting up I certainly hope he can give us at least 10 good minutes in the 2nd half tonight. We will desperately need it.

devildownunder
03-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I agree, it was a great start. I hope they can switch gears and get that momentum back quickly.

Question about Paulus: Has he been under the weather lately? The stupid announcer's (Lavin?) been saying that he's fatigued all night (starting about 6 minutes into the game). I can't figure out how he would be that fatigued given that we have played one game in the last 11 days, and it was a week ago.

nervous energy from playing in front of his home fans and, more significantly, having to bring the ball up against pressure the whole game. There is fatigue from just being exhausted but there is also mental fatigue and nervous fatigue. Paulus is dealing with those last two, I think.

ice-9
03-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Why do we look so tired?!?! This team should be well rested after the early ACC tourney exit. Right now VCU looks like they want it more than we do. Not a good sign.

evrdukie
03-15-2007, 09:10 PM
This is a nightmare.

devildownunder
03-15-2007, 09:12 PM
This is a nightmare.

we have had the lead almost the entire game. With this team, that's hardly a nightmare, I don't care how close it is.

evrdukie
03-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I repeat. This is a nightmare.

devildownunder
03-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I repeat. This is a nightmare.

by that statement I guess you were expecting an easy win. I have no idea why.

SeattleIrish
03-15-2007, 09:40 PM
That was unfortunate. Great game by VCU.

I'm not going to enjoy this tourney nearly as much as I had hoped.:(

evrdukie
03-15-2007, 09:42 PM
No, I wasn't expecting easy win. I was just hoping to avoid something like what just happened.