PDA

View Full Version : Calling "Speedo Guy" (ESPN wants to talk to you)

Mike Corey
02-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Speedo Guy (or anyone who might know how to reach Speedo Guy),

I just got a phone call from a producer at ESPN. He's doing a story on you and your glorious moment with Jackie Manuel from 2003, and he's going to be in Durham tomorrow conducting interviews and gathering photos and such.

Don't know if you're still around, but he'll go wherever you are just to get you on camera.

He's headed to Iowa on Thursday to speak with Jackie Manuel, but would like to chat with you first if he can.

So if you're out there, Speedo Guy, please drop me a line and I'll get you in touch with ESPN.

feldspar
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm Speedo Guy's agent. He charges a nominal fee for television interviews. My people will call your people and we'll do lunch.

Mudge
02-27-2008, 01:38 AM

I just got a phone call from a producer at ESPN. He's doing a story on you and your glorious moment with Jackie Manuel from 2003, and he's going to be in Durham tomorrow conducting interviews and gathering photos and such.

Don't know if you're still around, but he'll go wherever you are just to get you on camera.

He's headed to Iowa on Thursday to speak with Jackie Manuel, but would like to chat with you first if he can.

So if you're out there, Speedo Guy, please drop me a line and I'll get you in touch with ESPN.

What's Jackie Manuel doing in Iowa?

SilkyJ
02-27-2008, 01:45 AM

i dont know why but that made me laugh...

what is he doing there?

I can get him in touch with leiderhosen (sp?) guy...aka the new (slash poor man's) speedo guy, though I doubt that's of interest

Mike Corey
02-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Feldspar,

I have no people. However, I look forward to hearing from yours. I hear they're quite prodigious.

Mudge,

If you build it, they will come, o come, e-Maaaaanuel. But that's just a guess.

SilkyJ,

Actually, that'd be great. Can you shoot me his e-mail address? The ESPN guy did say he was interested in how the legend of the Speedo Guy had carried on.

Double DD
02-27-2008, 09:06 AM

He's playing in the NBDL.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Feldspar,

I have no people. However, I look forward to hearing from yours. I hear they're quite prodigious.

Mudge,

If you build it, they will come, o come, e-Maaaaanuel. But that's just a guess.

SilkyJ,

Actually, that'd be great. Can you shoot me his e-mail address? The ESPN guy did say he was interested in how the legend of the Speedo Guy had carried on.

Any interest in the chefs?

Jumbo
02-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Duke fans barely have interest in the chefs. Creative = not!

MulletMan
02-27-2008, 09:17 AM

The Leiderhosen guy has little to do with the actual legend of Speedo Guy. In fact, I think that it takes away from the mystique a little. Speedo Guy was funny because he did it once, in the biggest game of the year. It gets played out when you do it every first FT of every game... just a poor man's opinion.

BlueintheFace
02-27-2008, 09:18 AM
the cameron crazies are not big fans of the chefs... i don't think the media would be either

Jumbo
02-27-2008, 09:18 AM
The Leiderhosen guy has little to do with the actual legend of Speedo Guy. In fact, I think that it takes away from the mystique a little. Speedo Guy was funny because he did it once, in the biggest game of the year. It gets played out when you do it every first FT of every game... just a poor man's opinion.

What he said.

DukeDevil
02-27-2008, 09:48 AM
Speedo guy should do the whole interview in the speedo. Perhaps pull one of those Sharon Stone "Basic Instinct" type leg uncrossing/crossing moves.

yeah...that's right. I went there. Just TRY and get that image out of your minds!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-27-2008, 10:29 AM

As I remember it, Speedo Guy is/was a divinity student, and was warned by the school not to do such nonsense again. Party poopers. I'm just guessing, but if he is now a man of the cloth, chances are he doesn't want to appear in SI in, or out of, his speedo, to relive the moment, no matter how personally proud he is of the event. Wait. When I say "out of his speedo", I meant in street clothes, not nekkid.

throatybeard
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Speedo Guy did it twice, not once.

Who are the Chefs? (Great googily moogily).

MulletMan
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Speedo Guy did it twice, not once.

Who are the Chefs? (Great googily moogily).

Original Speedo Guy was only at the 2003 game. The second appearence of "Speedo Guy" was another Div student who did it as a triubute.

I ^$%^$%^$%^$% you not.

SilkyJ
02-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Duke fans barely have interest in the chefs. Creative = not!

agreed. They screwed up their own joke/pun. It shouldn't be Krzyzewski's Chef's, it should be The KrzyCHEFskis or whatever. I get so mad every time I see them b/c they make us all look dumber.

pratt '04
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
agreed. They screwed up their own joke/pun. It shouldn't be Krzyzewski's Chef's, it should be The KrzyCHEFskis or whatever. I get so mad every time I see them b/c they make us all look dumber.

Eh, they're really great fans and nice guys to boot. You guys should lay off them.

EarlJam
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM

Wow. The Chefs are getting cooked! Aren't they Duke students?

-EJ

Mike Corey
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for all your help, everyone.

Still trying to track down Speedo Guy himself, but a lot of good background info has been passed along to ESPN.

I'm told the story will appear on College Gamenight sometime prior to the 9 PM tip-off.

Jumbo
02-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Eh, they're really great fans and nice guys to boot. You guys should lay off them.

They should lay off the chef hats. Then we'll all get along swimmingly.

CLT Devil
02-27-2008, 01:39 PM
If I remember correctly the Speedo worked both times....something magical about it. I agree with the majority here....the Chef's are lame. I've had a hard time explaining that one to my State and Tarheel friends...

AtlBluRew
02-27-2008, 01:45 PM
too funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RptmUo2L1I0

EarlJam
02-27-2008, 02:31 PM
too funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RptmUo2L1I0

My God. If it weren't for Duke Basketball and all its elements, I just don't know what I'd do. This is fantastic.

Question: If Speedo Guy put his Speedo up on the eBay auctioning block, would anyone bid?

I damn near might.

-Damn near Jamm

SilkyJ
02-27-2008, 05:00 PM

Hey I didn't bring it up.

As someone else said, I am forced to explain the pun to people, including Duke fans, all the time b/c they botched it.

Being nice guys and all is great, but I am more interested in maintaining our image as the best fans in the world, and that means being clever and having good/funny outfits, imho.

ghost
02-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Often at games the ugrad section is disconnected (half cheering a different chant than the other half). It takes groups like the Chefs (many of them are grad students that have attended all home games for over 4 years) to preserve chants, the rhythm of chants, and to pick up the atmosphere at the most critical times.

mehmattski
02-27-2008, 06:25 PM
They should lay off the chef hats. Then we'll all get along swimmingly.

11 E, sir, 11 E.

My expert opinion as a biologist:

The "funny input" gene gets turned off when you leave college. Then, only things that happened when you were at Duke were funny/clever. New things are obviously dumb/copycats, because if they were funny, you'd know, you keeper of all things funny! Except your funny input gene is turned off. Too bad, too, because then you wouldn't be grumpy all of the time.

hc5duke
02-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Being nice guys and all is great, but I am more interested in maintaining our image as the best fans in the world, and that means being clever and having good/funny outfits, imho.

elitist, too, apparently

fidel
02-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Speedo Guy = legend.

Isn't the speedo hanging in the rafters?

Mike Corey
03-08-2008, 09:04 AM
ESPN will be airing the segment on Speedo Guy at approximately 11:40 this morning, and once again this evening in the hour-long run-up to the game.

Jumbo
03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Apparently, he is now "Speedo Man." Kudos to ESPN for tracking him down.

Jumbo
03-08-2008, 11:45 AM
11 E, sir, 11 E.

My expert opinion as a biologist:

The "funny input" gene gets turned off when you leave college. Then, only things that happened when you were at Duke were funny/clever. New things are obviously dumb/copycats, because if they were funny, you'd know, you keeper of all things funny! Except your funny input gene is turned off. Too bad, too, because then you wouldn't be grumpy all of the time.

That is utterly absurd especially since, you know, tons of posters on this board didn't go to Duke. Many recent antics have been hilarious, none more than the subject of this thread, Speedo Guy. I'm far from grumpy and I'm ready to laugh at the drop of a hat .. a chef's hat, that is. Into a garbage can. Oh snap!

Bluedog
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Ha! That was a humorous segment. Nice cameo MulletMan! The did correctly say "Speedo Guy" after saying "Speedo Man" this first time. I like it that they even got Coach K to talk about it a bit.

Is it actually true that Speedo guy's wife was dating his brother beforehand? I mean, it's obvious she didn't switch immediately after and due to the speedo incident as she suggested as a joke, but I felt that it's (maybe?) possible that she was telling the truth about dating his brother. That's pretty strange...but she was probably just joking. I guess I can't determine sarcasm that easily.

JBDuke
03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Hilarious bit on GameDay today! They had more and better coverage of Speedo Guy's moment of glory than I've ever seen before. I hadn't seen the whole "rising up like a flower" bit, either.

Those of you that didn't catch the morning version should definitely try to tune in for the later round of GameDay.

throatybeard
03-08-2008, 11:52 AM
He got introduced by Erin Andrews!

[Throaty melts into woozy-headed Erin Andrews haze]

Carlos
03-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Had I know Erin Andrews was going to be doing the gig from Cameron I would have painted myself a nice shade of Bruce Pearl Orange and gone over to say hello.

billybreen
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
He got introduced by Erin Andrews!

[Throaty melts into woozy-headed Erin Andrews haze]

I expect to see 'throaty 4 erin andrews' in the room tonight.

DukeDevilDeb
03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
... and his post on what he calls "Speedo Guy" (an excerpt from his book) just enhances my dislike!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?page=blythe_excerpt

Methinks he should head over to the Duke Eye Center for a checkup! :D

bluepenguin
03-08-2008, 12:36 PM
What he said.

And from Julio's Spring Cleaning Thread:

"We have also instructed our moderators to delete posts (aggressively, if warranted) that they don’t think add meaningful content to the board. We're adding a mild infraction, "needless posting" (1 point, expires in 14 days), for posts wholly without redeeming qualities that don't rise to a more serious infraction. It's okay to say you agree with somebody, but if you're not adding something that advances the conversation, please don't post it."

Would that be a point Jumbo? ;)

pfrduke
03-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Hilarious bit on GameDay today! They had more and better coverage of Speedo Guy's moment of glory than I've ever seen before. I hadn't seen the whole "rising up like a flower" bit, either.

Those of you that didn't catch the morning version should definitely try to tune in for the later round of GameDay.

Truly excellent segment on the man in the 'do. And big kudos to the div. student who hit the $17,500 half court shot - it was pure, nothing but net.

Jumbo
03-08-2008, 01:07 PM
... and his post on what he calls "Speedo Guy" (an excerpt from his book) just enhances my dislike!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?page=blythe_excerpt

Methinks he should head over to the Duke Eye Center for a checkup! :D

Shows how much I know -- I loved the book and the description of Speedo Guy.

Edit: I don't think Blythe was talking about the original Speedo Guy. I think this was the knock-off.

Jumbo
03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
And from Julio's Spring Cleaning Thread:

"We have also instructed our moderators to delete posts (aggressively, if warranted) that they don’t think add meaningful content to the board. We're adding a mild infraction, "needless posting" (1 point, expires in 14 days), for posts wholly without redeeming qualities that don't rise to a more serious infraction. It's okay to say you agree with somebody, but if you're not adding something that advances the conversation, please don't post it."

Would that be a point Jumbo? ;)

Cute. (Note that it was on Feb. 27th.) In all seriousness, that's one of the trickier things to moderate. If you've been in a back-and-forth discussion, I wouldn't have any problem with anyone writing something like that. Through conversations with other moderators, I think that the idea was more about people popping into the convo for the first time simply to say, "I agree." But I could be wrong. I don't expect to hand much out for that -- there are WAY bigger problems with posts to deal with! ;)

Jarhead
03-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I was sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch about an hour ago. ESPN2 was on the small kitchen TV when all of a sudden, there was Mulletman, as plain as day, being interviewed about Speedo Guy. Then, Speedo guy came on and told his story, and Jackie Manuel told his. They put on the video, all of it. It was as good as the day it happened. Mrs. Speedo guy told how she switched brothers after it happened, and married him. Speedo guy is now a pastor in Tennessee. I did not react fast enough to get it on the dvr. I couldn't find a link to that item on ESPN2, but I would like to get it, so I can replace that rather grainy mpeg that I have.

pfrduke
03-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I was sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch about an hour ago. ESPN2 was on the small kitchen TV when all of a sudden, there was Mulletman, as plain as day, being interviewed about Speedo Guy. Then, Speedo guy came on and told his story, and Jackie Manuel told his. They put on the video, all of it. It was as good as the day it happened. Mrs. Speedo guy told how she switched brothers after it happened, and married him. Speedo guy is now a pastor in Tennessee. I did not react fast enough to get it on the dvr. I couldn't find a link to that item on ESPN2, but I would like to get it, so I can replace that rather grainy mpeg that I have.

I believe the segment will run again during the 8pm ET college gameday.

Lavabe
03-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I believe the segment will run again during the 8pm ET college gameday.

It's supposed to. It was priceless cinema verite (or film noire). ;) They deserve an ESPY. Mullet, Viking, and Speedo, in all their glory (so to speak).

Now all we need is Lederhosen Guy!

I saw it on ESPN2 with Gottlieb talking afterwards; Gottlieb was wearing a tarhole-colored tie.

Congrats on the piece!

Cheers,
Lavabe

willywoody
03-08-2008, 07:59 PM
they just ran the piece during sportscenter, about 7:45 pm eastern. it brought tears to my eyes. i'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Ben63
03-08-2008, 07:59 PM
It just aired on SportsCenter, absolutley hilaroius. Can't wait to see what the Crazies have planned for tonight.

I belive it will re-air on GameDay at 8pm.

Exiled_Devil
03-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Whoever did the Speedo tonight was shameful. Not only was it sad to do it after all the ESPN hype about the original, but the 'dance' that he did was grossly inappropriate.

It embarrassed me as someone who stood in the grad student section and cheered our team on.

Exiled

Coballs
03-08-2008, 10:20 PM
ESPN did not have to show that guy in the first place

alaskan assassin
03-08-2008, 10:26 PM
What about Crazy Towel Guy? They should do something on him. Where can I see that segment on Speedo guy?

Exiled_Devil
03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
What about Crazy Towel Guy? They should do something on him. Where can I see that segment on Speedo guy?

About every 3 years, I would guess. I think I saw a segment on him in '01, and again in '04 probably. So we should be due.

Richard Berg
03-08-2008, 11:14 PM

There's a really good (~7min) segment on him during Fox Sports' "The Life" from 2004. Includes him going to the Duke heart center for a checkup on his bypass surgery -- rescheduled for the offseason, of course.

BlueBlood112883
03-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Whoever did the Speedo tonight was shameful. Not only was it sad to do it after all the ESPN hype about the original, but the 'dance' that he did was grossly inappropriate.

It embarrassed me as someone who stood in the grad student section and cheered our team on.

Exiled

I agree and ESPN even had to apologize for it. After all the good press Speedo Guy got today that guy ruined every bit of it.

willywoody
03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
crazy towel guy got abut 5 seconds of air time somewhere in the second half.

and someone should run the speedo guy imitator up a pole.

Cameron
03-09-2008, 01:40 AM
There's a really good (~7min) segment on him during Fox Sports' "The Life" from 2004. Includes him going to the Duke heart center for a checkup on his bypass surgery -- rescheduled for the offseason, of course.

It was actually ESPN who produced The Life: Duke Basketball, but, I agree, it is a great, great piece. I think it was done in like 2002, during Jason's final go around in Durham (as the mini-doc focused a lot on him and his parents' annual trips from New Jersey to watch him play in Cameron).

As you pointed out, though, Berg, there is a wonderful segment in the mini-doc on Herb Neubauer, better known as "Crazy Towel Guy." The piece talks about how the tradition started, what he does with each and every towel, his game day routine, etc. Very interesting stuff.

My favorite part of the show, however, is the segment on longtime Cameron Indoor Stadium caretaker D.C. Williams. I taped the original broadcast of the show and every time I watch, D.C. Williams gives me chills as he describes his "duty" of upholding Cameron's legacy. I absolutely love it:) Our little gothic cathedral.

Tonight really sucks, though. I feel like walking for miles along my family's wooded acreage. (It's 19 degrees out with a foot of snow on the ground). I'm that miserable right now. I just hate these feelings of disgust in your stomach. What could have been, I guess...

Lotus000
03-09-2008, 03:50 AM

Exiled

I don't know that it was inappropriate. It was just...well it was dumb and more unoriginal than a Milli Vanilli song.

What I want to know is this....

Original (and better) Speedo Guy and his spot on ESPN. His wife said he was dating Speedo Guy's brother at one point. Anybody know if this is true? How on God's green earth could you...well, date your brother's ex girlfriend? Am I the only person that thinks that's Jerry Springer lite?

Exiled_Devil
03-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't know that it was inappropriate. It was just...well it was dumb and more unoriginal than a Milli Vanilli song.

What I want to know is this....

Original (and better) Speedo Guy and his spot on ESPN. His wife said he was dating Speedo Guy's brother at one point. Anybody know if this is true? How on God's green earth could you...well, date your brother's ex girlfriend? Am I the only person that thinks that's Jerry Springer lite?

The chopping at the crotch motion, imitating some pro wrasslin' thing, was inappropriate. That he did Speedo at all was sad.

Cameron
03-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I would agree with Exiled. The first Speedo Guy was creative and funny, and helped bring in a new moment of fame to The Rivalry, one that has grown into legend. The latest edition was a disgrace. Not only did he make a complete embarrassment of himself, his family, and, more importantly, the Cameron Crazies, the new underwear guy also helped ruined the legacy of the first. After I saw that, it all became a joke. This clown should be banned from all future Duke athletic events. What he did on ESPN, in front of millions, was completely inapt.

After Coach K had specifically let it be known that he did not wish to see another Speedo Guy, believing that Cameron's standards are higher than that (especially higher than a blatant "suck it," "suck me," "suck my %$#!" reference on national television), this never should have happened. Again, this is in no way a reference to the first Speed Guy. I liked him and still laugh out loud every time I see the replays. He was legendary.

The new underwear man should feel like a jerk.

oso diablo
03-09-2008, 10:34 AM
was watching the pregame with non-duke friends (down in FL for spring training), and my friend's wife, who is totally not into sports, said that the Speedo Guy segment in the pre-game was "the funniest thing she's ever seen". that was a brilliant performance.

Lotus000
03-09-2008, 03:49 PM
The new underwear man should feel like a jerk.

So now we have a Crazy Speedo Guy and an Underwear Man.

YOU HAVE COINED THE PHRASE MON FRERE!! 'Underwear Man' is *perfect* and it really captures the sentiment of how most people feel about it. heehee

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Where was Herr Leiderhosen last night? I don't remember seeing him in the midst of all the festival activities.

mannem
03-09-2008, 04:32 PM
anyone else think it was kind of weird that the original speedo guy's wife was dating his brother first?

dukeENG2003
03-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Where was Herr Leiderhosen last night? I don't remember seeing him in the midst of all the festival activities.

He got kicked out of the campout for acting like a total drunk jackI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. I believe he actually threw a punch at someone. The cops were called, it got ugly.

dukerev
03-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Props to the Divinity School!

Original Speedo Guy was a Div student (now alum) and the guy who hit the half-court shot during GameDay is a Div student. Kudos!

The guy who brought out the speedo last night was awful. Not to belabor the point, but the dance was terrible (and inappropriate enough for Shulman to apologize) - unlike Original Speedo Guy, whose dance was hilarious - and Coach K had even asked that there be no more speedos. Sigh.

On that note, the Crazies sounded loud on tv last night, but between the speedo and the "Hi, [fill in the blank]," (which I think is great), but followed by "You suck!" any of the props that Crazies get went down the tubes.

One of the great things about Cameron (as opposed to Comcast or Oregon or a few other places) is that Cameron is loud and obnoxious and full of spirit, but it is also the place where you can take your daughter or your grandmother and not be embarrassed. The thing about reputation and character is that it only takes one bad moment for all of the good that you do to go down the drain. The Crazies are, on whole, without a doubt, the very best cheering section in the nation for any sport. I am proud have been a Crazie in the grad section and proud to be a proxy Crazie now. The current version is really quite wonderful. But just one or two bad things brings the whole lot down. I hope that for the '08-'09 season, there will be less vulgarity to go along with the continued excellence otherwise.

Indoor66
03-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Props to the Divinity School!

Original Speedo Guy was a Div student (now alum) and the guy who hit the half-court shot during GameDay is a Div student. Kudos!

The guy who brought out the speedo last night was awful. Not to belabor the point, but the dance was terrible (and inappropriate enough for Shulman to apologize) - unlike Original Speedo Guy, whose dance was hilarious - and Coach K had even asked that there be no more speedos. Sigh.

On that note, the Crazies sounded loud on tv last night, but between the speedo and the "Hi, [fill in the blank]," (which I think is great), but followed by "You suck!" any of the props that Crazies get went down the tubes.

One of the great things about Cameron (as opposed to Comcast or Oregon or a few other places) is that Cameron is loud and obnoxious and full of spirit, but it is also the place where you can take your daughter or your grandmother and not be embarrassed. The thing about reputation and character is that it only takes one bad moment for all of the good that you do to go down the drain. The Crazies are, on whole, without a doubt, the very best cheering section in the nation for any sport. I am proud have been a Crazie in the grad section and proud to be a proxy Crazie now. The current version is really quite wonderful. But just one or two bad things brings the whole lot down. I hope that for the '08-'09 season, there will be less vulgarity to go along with the continued excellence otherwise.

Kind of a slice of life. One Oh S... wipes out all of those attaboys.

chuckywang
03-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I missed the ESPN Speedo Guy piece. Is it online anywhere?

Cameron
03-11-2008, 01:16 AM

The Crazies have been doing this introduction cheer for years. Nothing new. It's no different than "Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell"... Are you against that, too, preacher? ;)

If you've read my previous sentiments on Underwear Man (glad you liked that lotus;)), then you certainly know I agree with you about that. His actions were uncalled for and quite ignorant. Simply, he's an a**.

With that said, I didn't find the Crazies out of line at all.

Acymetric
03-11-2008, 01:49 AM
The Crazies have been doing this introduction cheer for years. Nothing new. It's no different than "Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell"... Are you against that, too, preacher? ;)

If you've read my previous sentiments on Underwear Man (glad you liked that lotus;)), then you certainly know I agree with you about that. His actions were uncalled for and quite ignorant. Simply, he's an a**.

With that said, I didn't find the Crazies out of line at all.

The "you suck" may happen on occasion, but it certainly isn't the standard at Cameron, and I much prefer the "Hi 'Jon'" on its own to the version with you suck at the end. I'm not offended, and I don't think it's inappropriate, but I do think its funnier not to make fun of the team...a nice bit of "cheekiness." I'm sure you've had a lot of time in Cameron to observe the cheer, but so have I, and I generally participate. If it does happen at most games then its a small enough group not to be noticed from the bottom of the upper seating...

Weks
03-11-2008, 03:03 AM
The "you suck" may happen on occasion, but it certainly isn't the standard at Cameron, and I much prefer the "Hi 'Jon'" on its own to the version with you suck at the end. I'm not offended, and I don't think it's inappropriate, but I do think its funnier not to make fun of the team...a nice bit of "cheekiness." I'm sure you've had a lot of time in Cameron to observe the cheer, but so have I, and I generally participate. If it does happen at most games then its a small enough group not to be noticed from the bottom of the upper seating...

we made a concerted effort to stop "you suck" ca 2000...sorry to see it creeping back in...