PDA

View Full Version : College GameDay @ Cameron 11AM

goduke6868
02-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Does anyone have any info about ESPN CollegeGameday in Cameron? How many people are they letting in etc.? Any information would help tremendously!

BlueDevilBaby
02-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Finally! I was wondering when they would get around to Duke.

pratt '04
02-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Does anyone have any info about ESPN CollegeGameday in Cameron? How many people are they letting in etc.? Any information would help tremendously!

In the past when Gameday has been at Duke they have set up the stage outside in the small plaza right in front of the Schwartz-Butters Building so that K-ville is the backdrop for the shot. Since it's outside, anyone is free to come and watch.

Bluedog
02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
In the past when Gameday has been at Duke they have set up the stage outside in the small plaza right in front of the Schwartz-Butters Building so that K-ville is the backdrop for the shot. Since it's outside, anyone is free to come and watch.

It's kind of funny that by 11 AM on the day of the UNC game, tenters will have already received their writsbands such that tenting is effectively over. So, some people have been known to pack up their tents before GameDay broadcasts, but the line monitors encourage everybody to leave their tents up for the day so it doesn't look like it's over...

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
It's kind of funny that by 11 AM on the day of the UNC game, tenters will have already received their writsbands such that tenting is effectively over. So, some people have been known to pack up their tents before GameDay broadcasts, but the line monitors encourage everybody to leave their tents up for the day so it doesn't look like it's over...
Ah, the media and the circus .....

bigj4194
02-26-2008, 04:02 PM

My guess is this year the Tents wil still be up as personal checks are the night before the carolina game. Carolina is on saturday, personal checks are thursday friday right before. my thinking leads me to believe that there will still be the tents up as people won't take them down immediately...That being said the UNC game is the first saturday of spring break so according to duke the tents need to be taken down asap...so we will see...I bet they are still up for the game

DukePA
02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
I was a student and did the grad school campout the night before the carolina game 2 years ago when ESPN GameDay was held at Duke. It was a lot of fun and had a carnival/fair atmosphere. Only problem was the handful of weirdos in light blue being obnoxious.

NW Indiana Dukie
02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Will it be outside or inside Cameron? I believe all other basketball gamedays this year have been indoors.

BlueintheFace
02-26-2008, 07:21 PM
I encourage all you other crazies to create as many huge signs as possible (Hansbrough's Face) and prop them up in K-ville behind the stage (to the light posts and on poles). Should be a fun time!

godukerocks
02-26-2008, 09:56 PM
I encourage all you other crazies to create as many huge signs as possible (Hansbrough's Face) and prop them up in K-ville behind the stage (to the light posts and on poles). Should be a fun time!

I would rather only a few large signs that are humorous, held up so one can easily read it, and have the sign switch after every commercial or a period of time.

Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of only seeing signs on college gameday, half of them that are moronic.

DukePA
02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Will it be outside or inside Cameron? I believe all other basketball gamedays this year have been indoors.

It was outside 2 years ago.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
It was outside 2 years ago.

I was there. Definitely outside, and a lot of fun. I encourage all to show up!

dukeberto
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
It will be inside Cameron this year. I believe doors will be opening around 10:45 AM

TwoDukeTattoos
02-27-2008, 04:13 PM
It will be inside Cameron this year. I believe doors will be opening around 10:45 AM

Something tells me that UNC players and fans will be for a rude awakening this year. We have regained our home court this year and will continue to do so in emphatic fashion on 3/8. Welcome to the Jungle, Baby Blues...