PDA

View Full Version : A note to Al Featherston

OZZIE4DUKE
03-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Great article, as usual, Al. Love your gentle poke at Billy Packer!

that Wake Forest team – featuring All-American center Len Chappell and balding guard Billy Packer

NDMD
03-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I can understand why the Duke faithful love this guy.

But, from an outsider's perspective, this guy is an outright homer. Then, to top it off, he has the nerve to state that other journalists "lack the perspective you would expect in a professional journalist".

Truly laughable reading for anyone outside the state of North Carolina.

Exiled_Devil
03-15-2007, 10:34 PM
I can understand why the Duke faithful love this guy.

But, from an outsider's perspective, this guy is an outright homer. Then, to top it off, he has the nerve to state that other journalists "lack the perspective you would expect in a professional journalist".

Truly laughable reading for anyone outside the state of North Carolina.

I don't see where he says the comment about other journalists, but I laugh at the idea that he is a homer - Of Course he is! He is a sports writer from Tobacco Road. He was at the Durham Herald-Sun for years.

That being said, he praises the ACC so much because outside of UCLA, there is no conference with the history of the ACC. Schools with more individual history, but the ACC is special.

Exiled

NDMD
03-16-2007, 01:35 AM
The University of Notre Dame has won 11 National Football Championships.

I can guarantee you that money could not buy the kind of homer-ism that 'ole Al has displayed towards Duke and the state of North Carolina on the South Bend Tribune.

You guys have had a great run.

Good Luck in the future.

SeattleIrish
03-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Perhaps I'm biased by his subject matter, but I think A.F. is one of the best sports writers I've read, outside of Sports Illustrated.

The man writes beautifully.

s.i.

77devil
03-16-2007, 08:16 AM
The University of Notre Dame has won 11 National Football Championships.

I can guarantee you that money could not buy the kind of homer-ism that 'ole Al has displayed towards Duke and the state of North Carolina on the South Bend Tribune.

You guys have had a great run.

Good Luck in the future.

Al is a gifted writer with a great historical perspective. Given that ND hasn't won the mythical football championship in nearly 20 years, and has been largely medicore during that period, it is no surprise that the South Bend Tribune has little material to be partisan about. :p

And would you like to discuss ND basketball?

SharkD
03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't feed the trolls (in this case, Leprechauns)...