PDA

View Full Version : Dyson reinstated to UConn

Ann Arbor Devil
02-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Does the punishment fit the transgression?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3262294

Despite their inconsistency this year, I would not want to draw the Huskies in the tourney.

pamtar
02-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Does the punishment fit the transgression?

He would never play again at Duke.

hc5duke
02-24-2008, 07:11 PM
He would never play again at Duke.

What was the drug he tested positive for? If this was marijuana, I don't agree. (see Redick, J.J.) If you're referring to the charge for possession of alcohol by a minor, IIRC Chris Duhon has been charged with the same thing before.

Now, considering there was a suspension and all, I would guess it was more than just pot; if this is the case, I agree that the violator would (or at least should) never play again at Duke.

pamtar
02-24-2008, 07:21 PM
What was the drug he tested positive for? If this was marijuana, I don't agree. (see Redick, J.J.) If you're referring to the charge for possession of alcohol by a minor, IIRC Chris Duhon has been charged with the same thing before.

Now, considering there was a suspension and all, I would guess it was more than just pot; if this is the case, I agree that the violator would (or at least should) never play again at Duke.

I'm aware that J.J. partook but I didn't know he ever failed a DT. As far as Duhon's charges, name a college student...you know the drill.

hc5duke
02-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm aware that J.J. partook but I didn't know he ever failed a DT.

right, but what I'm saying is if the drug he tested positive for was pot, I don't see it as a huge deal. Also if JJ *had* tested positive (which like you said was not the case), I don't think it would have been a big deal.

As far as Duhon's charges, name a college student...you know the drill.

Yup, agreed. Which is why I brought it up, as in I wouldn't hold the possession charge against the guy. Yuck, I feel nasty for even attempting to defend calhoun...