PDA

View Full Version : Go WFU!!!

TwoDukeTattoos
02-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I know it's strange to say root for WF after they beat Duke, but I would rather anyone win over UNC! On DG's show Friday evening, he said it was his feeling that TyLaw would return to action today. According to press, it's a gametime decision. Has anyone heard an update on this?

-jk
02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I know it's strange to say root for WF after they beat Duke, but I would rather anyone win over UNC!

Nothing strange about that at all. It's the natural order of things.

Go Deacs!

-jk

flash
02-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Got a feeling that the Deacons just rollover for the Tarholes. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 25 point blowout by the holes.

FreezingDevil
02-24-2008, 03:15 PM
According to press, it's a gametime decision. Has anyone heard an update on this?

This just posted by ESPN. Looks like the heels will be without Lawson for a sixth straight game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3262485

jdc75
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm with you on the WFU bandwagon today! If only they can play somewhere near the same intensity as they did against us I think they have a good chance of taking UNC. Especially considering their quickness in the backcourt and the size and athleticism of their bigs. Hansfouler typically has a much harder time with folks his own size or bigger who are athletic. Since the 'holes last 2 opponents(VT and State) were no shows, let's hope the week off didn't lull the Deacs to sleep also.

DukePA
02-24-2008, 03:26 PM
I know it's strange to say root for WF after they beat Duke, but I would rather anyone win over UNC! On DG's show Friday evening, he said it was his feeling that TyLaw would return to action today. According to press, it's a gametime decision. Has anyone heard an update on this?

It would be strange and bizzare if you pulled for unc. I seriously can't think of anyone I want to see the holes beat.

dukegirlinsc
02-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't actually hate WF like I probably should. I'd love to see them beat the holes. (Even though Lawson is hurt, and it should not be counted as a loss for UNC. lol.) GTHC.

dukediv2013
02-24-2008, 03:40 PM
They are a classy program like Duke and I hope they beat Carolina by 10!

GO DEACS!

dukeblue1215
02-24-2008, 03:45 PM
How much longer is Lawson going to be out or could they possibly be saving him until March 8th...?

Acymetric
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't actually hate WF like I probably should. I'd love to see them beat the holes. (Even though Lawson is hurt, and it should not be counted as a loss for UNC. lol.) GTHC.

No reason to hate the deacs...I always kind of liked them myself. More so than some of the other teams in our conference at least...

devildeac
02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
@unc
conference lead at stake for unc
hansflopper

the deacs had better hope for the same refs that fouled out our starting 5 last week for any chance to win this one

holes by a dozen

Channing
02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
WFU hanging tough - currently down two at 35-37. I am only getting it on gamecast but it seems like Teague is having another big game.

CDu
02-24-2008, 07:46 PM
How much longer is Lawson going to be out or could they possibly be saving him until March 8th...?

I'd guess he'll play one or two games before the Duke game. Just enough to get him in shape for the big game against us, but far enough out to get plenty of rest and minimize risk of re-injury.

TwoDukeTattoos
02-24-2008, 07:59 PM
WFU hanging tough - currently down two at 35-37. I am only getting it on gamecast but it seems like Teague is having another big game.

UNC is now pulling away - 56-43. So now what I'll hear at work tomorrow is how UNC beat the team that Duke couldn't. Ahhhh, the jabber never ends.

Indoor66
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
UNC is now pulling away - 56-43. So now what I'll hear at work tomorrow is how UNC beat the team that Duke couldn't. Ahhhh, the jabber never ends.

Just mention Maryand - who we beat twice.

RelativeWays
02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Wake is not so impressive away from Joel. Shots aren't dropping, taking bad shots, questionable plays. They have kept it reasonably close for a young team, but its only a matter of time now.

RelativeWays
02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
More like Break Forest. Lead is up to 19, under 5 to play.