PDA

View Full Version : Duke WBB v Virginia

DukePA
02-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Less than 20 minutes to tip-off vs. Virginia. GO DUKE!!!

jtelander
02-24-2008, 12:40 PM
This schedule says 7 pm

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/schedules/#women

TwoDukeTattoos
02-24-2008, 12:42 PM
This schedule says 7 pm

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/schedules/#women

They are playing right now on FSN South. Duke up 8-4 with 17:20 to go in first half.

CameronBornAndBred
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Nice gut-it-out win ladies. Thanks to Wanisha and Emily for the games you have given us. Saw some real nice play from the team of the future, too. Especially Jasmine, great defense. Good luck at Carolina, and better luck in the tourneys!

dukegirlinsc
02-24-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't usually watch Women's games, in general. But I've been watching this game, and it's been a nice comeback. I hope they continue playing this way, especially against Carolina. (GTH.)

jimmymax
02-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Nice comeback after coming out flat to start the 2nd half. Emily Waner, in a skirt, was honored with Wanisha on senior afternoon. Neither addressed the crowd which was a shame.

An interesting note: UVa also has two sisters (named Hartig) from Thunderidge High in Highlands Ranch, CO, home of the Waner sisters. I ran into a guy in the men's room wearing a T-shirt celebrating the four women players. He's a teacher from their high school and was in NC for the weekend with a bunch of CO folks to see all four play (well two of them as Emily did not dress and one of the Hartigs got no PT). His party seemed to be having a great time but could not promise any more talent in the near future from the Thunderidge pipeline. He did mention that a 5th HS teammate now plays at Minnesota. Must have been quite a HS team!

Lid
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
I was thrilled to see the women get this win -- they had a few flat stretches, but got their defensive energy back when it counted and really finished things. It was great to see -- thanks, Wanisha and Emily!

Duvall
02-25-2008, 09:54 AM
An interesting note: UVa also has two sisters (named Hartig) from Thunderidge High in Highlands Ranch, CO, home of the Waner sisters. I ran into a guy in the men's room wearing a T-shirt celebrating the four women players. He's a teacher from their high school and was in NC for the weekend with a bunch of CO folks to see all four play (well two of them as Emily did not dress and one of the Hartigs got no PT). His party seemed to be having a great time but could not promise any more talent in the near future from the Thunderidge pipeline.

Wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.

Good win.

gadzooks
02-25-2008, 11:38 AM
I was thrilled to see the women get this win -- they had a few flat stretches, but got their defensive energy back when it counted and really finished things. It was great to see -- thanks, Wanisha and Emily!Agreed! I've been encouraged by some things these last couple games. Even in the MD game, they were putting on good defensive pressure, and it seems like this team is finally starting to get it together.

They talked about the two pairs of sisters from ThunderRidge on the TV broadcast; that really must have been some team during the years they were there--they won the state championship three years in a row.

BlueDevilBaby
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Way to fight back, girls! Glad Emily was honored even though she has left the team. Great move.