PDA

View Full Version : Drake-Butler

NYC Duke Fan
02-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Did anyone happen to watch the Drake-Butler game ?

These are 2 teams extremely well coached who are very similar to Duke. Neither team really has athletic big men but both play within themselves and play smart. If Duke gets either of these teams in the tournament it would be a great game to watch......we could beat either of them or lose to either of them.

The only difference I saw was that Drake had 7 players who shot over 70% from the free throw line...Don't know about Butler , but I assume they are equally as good.

jmb
02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
That was the most fun, beautiful game of basketball I've seen in a long time. I was enthralled the whole game.

Very smart players, good shooting, occasional flashes of insane athleticism.

These two teams could be trouble for some high seeds in March

mr. synellinden
02-24-2008, 09:42 PM
That was the most fun, beautiful game of basketball I've seen in a long time. I was enthralled the whole game.

Very smart players, good shooting, occasional flashes of insane athleticism.

These two teams could be trouble for some high seeds in March

Agree, except I think both will be high seeds in March - and by high seeds I mean 1-4. Both could easily end up with 3 or even 2 seeds if they win out.

DukieBoy
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Butler is a very solid team who I think can go far in the tourney. They started five seniors earlier in the year, but frosh Matt Howard cracked the lineup. I go to the high school where Matt went and was the manager all four years he played there. He is an exceptional student and player and one of the nicest guys you can meet. Anyway, I think Butler has all the makings of a team that can surprise everyone and make it deep into the tourney. If they get down late, they stay very poised and seem to never make a mistake (except for the end of the drake game).