PDA

View Full Version : duke on itunes.

dukegirlinsc
02-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Is everyone aware that you can purchase previously played duke games in their entirety on iTunes? (I'm probably years behind, if so, ignore me. :p ) I just discovered this tonight, on a rainy stay-at-home night. I'm watching Duke/UNC from 1998 at Cameron. An instant classic. :cool:

MIKESJ73
02-22-2008, 08:44 PM
I saw the games on itunes, how big are the files? I bought an itouch to quick (they only came with 8G memory, now 32G) and was worried the file might be too big. If you live in SC, you must have been as disappointted as me last Weds. when the SC/Fla game was on instead of Duke.

gofurman
02-23-2008, 12:27 AM
I saw the games on itunes, how big are the files? I bought an itouch to quick (they only came with 8G memory, now 32G) and was worried the file might be too big. If you live in SC, you must have been as disappointted as me last Weds. when the SC/Fla game was on instead of Duke.

I live in SC (upstate) and Duke is always on here bc Clemson makes it acc country - you must be lower part of state. IE I had SC/FL on sportsouth and Duke on channel 5(?) Raycom I think.

dukegirlinsc
02-23-2008, 01:28 AM

Wow you had SC/Florida? Where in SC do you live? I had the Duke game! :confused: (or all heck woulda' broken loose.)

dukegirlinsc
02-23-2008, 01:30 AM

Oh, and the game I downloaded tonight is 1.03 GB.

Lavabe
02-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Is everyone aware that you can purchase previously played duke games in their entirety on iTunes? (I'm probably years behind, if so, ignore me. :p ) I just discovered this tonight, on a rainy stay-at-home night. I'm watching Duke/UNC from 1998 at Cameron. An instant classic. :cool:

Where do we look on the iTunes store?
Thanks,
Lavabe

dukegirlinsc
02-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Where do we look on the iTunes store?
Thanks,
Lavabe

Just search "Duke" and it will pop up on the main page. Hope you have as much fun with it as I do.

FYI: They also have some "One Shining Moment" videos available for downloading. The one from 2001 is a classic, and I did get a little teary-eyed watching it.

MIKESJ73
02-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I live in Charleston, and all hell did break loose!!! I had to sit on the computer and watch the play by play on ESPN's Gamecenter. That has to be the most frustrating thing possible. It seems like minutes pass btw each play, and then they also come back and edit plays. They would post defensive rebound by Sheyer, then two minutes later it would edit to an offensive rebound by Miami. You are literally waiting on pins and needles for information that may or may not be correct. Tough loss, but I still believe this team will be special. The ACC may have got two more teams in the tourney and even though I don't like junior members (Miami), I would rather lose to them over UNC, BC, Mary., Clem., or the thugs at FSU and VT

billybreen
02-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I live in Charleston, and all hell did break loose!!! I had to sit on the computer and watch the play by play on ESPN's Gamecenter. That has to be the most frustrating thing possible. It seems like minutes pass btw each play, and then they also come back and edit plays. They would post defensive rebound by Sheyer, then two minutes later it would edit to an offensive rebound by Miami. You are literally waiting on pins and needles for information that may or may not be correct. Tough loss, but I still believe this team will be special. The ACC may have got two more teams in the tourney and even though I don't like junior members (Miami), I would rather lose to them over UNC, BC, Mary., Clem., or the thugs at FSU and VT

My parents live in Charleston and have crappy Comcast service. They also didn't get the UNC game -- that's a travesty.

billybreen
02-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Just search "Duke" and it will pop up on the main page. Hope you have as much fun with it as I do.

FYI: They also have some "One Shining Moment" videos available for downloading. The one from 2001 is a classic, and I did get a little teary-eyed watching it.

Permit me a bit of blasphemy -- "One Shining Moment" is horrible and should be replaced as the backing track for those clips. It's just a terrible, treacly song. In many way, it's the Lavabe of songs. I think we can do better. :)

YmoBeThere
02-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Permit me a bit of blasphemy -- "One Shining Moment" is horrible and should be replaced as the backing track for those clips. It's just a terrible, treacly song. In many way, it's the Lavabe of songs. I think we can do better. :)

Yeah, they should have used the James Ingram classic Yah Mo B There.

Lavabe
02-23-2008, 12:51 PM

DO you remember the days when Jason was at the top of the table. Those were AWESOME!!!

I guess I shall defer to the new "Lord High Executioner" (LHE) whichever is more appropriate.;)

Cheers Blasphemers,
Lavabe

2535Miles
03-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I just found an article about the Duke & UNC games on iTunes and missed dukegirl's original posting but thought it was worthwhile to resurrect this thread.

Worth noting; iTunes ONLY has the Duke vs. UNC games.

Here's the iTunes URL http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=213926461&s=143441 This will a web browser and then redirect to launch iTunes. Enjoy!

BlueDevilBaby
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Worth noting; iTunes ONLY has the Duke vs. UNC games.

Crud. I was just going to ask if it had the "Gone in 60 Seconds" MD game.

Ders24
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Also just to point out the Duke Blue Planet videos are on iTunes as well (for free). There is a link on Blue Planet. Thought it was cool.

BlueDevilJay
03-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Yep, sure was! I have the 98 game in Cameron mine as well and watch it before every Duke vs UNC game. Very cool feature that probably not a lot of folks know about!

2535Miles
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Crud. I was just going to ask if it had the "Gone in 60 Seconds" MD game.
Maryland doesn't qualify for a rivalry.

They also ONLY have Michigan vs. Ohio State for football. So it seems they're only highlighting the greatest rivalries in the two sports. I won't get into an argument about the greatest College Football rivalry, but I think (even though it's ESPN) it's pretty cool to only showcase Duke vs. UNC.
I also tried to take a quick peek at the Duke Blue Planet Passport but can't find my darn usb cable. :mad:

dukegirlinsc
03-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Yep, sure was! I have the 98 game in Cameron mine as well and watch it before every Duke vs UNC game. Very cool feature that probably not a lot of folks know about!

That was the first game I purchased...one of my personal all-time favorites.

Dukie4Life
03-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Perhaps I should just get with the times and purchase an IPOD, although I tape every game on VHS still. Whenever I need a great happy cry I pull out the 98 game!!!

BlueDevilJay
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
I even went as far as purchasing the Double OT loss to UNC in Cameron 102-100, mainly because it went down as the greatest college basketball game I had ever watched at that time (outside of Duke v UK 92) but even though we lost, both teams left it on the floor, and that game brings back so many memories for me. Living at home with the parents, my dad had gone to bed because he didn't want to see Duke get blown out by UNC. So I sat alone in my room and watched it, and woke up the entire house when Capel hit the buzzerbeater to extend the game. Dad got up and watched the rest of it with me, but did not realize what he had missed in that game. A down Duke team playing on ALL heart, and nearly upsetting the heavily favored Holes that night. I have never been so proud of a loss before, or since then.

TheBrianZoubekExperience
03-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Probably already known but you can also download for free Coach K's podcast Basketball and Beyond. Its pretty good.

SharkD
03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Whatever happened to the Duke Basketball Report podcasts? (Bob Harris/Coach K 90-second daily reports on 620am.)

They stopped last March.
http://goduke.statsgeek.com/podcasts/