PDA

View Full Version : Caption Fun from, yes, a Carolina Fan

shoutingncu
02-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello, DBR. Long time reader, first time poster. As one who believes in keeping friends close and Duke closer, I've "enjoyed" your sight, for lack of a better term, for several seasons, especially the insights of the Jims, both Sumner and, well, Bo. I generally don't post to message boards, largely because I probably won't add much new to the conversation, and plan to continue simply being a fly on the DBR wall, but if the occasion arises that I can add an outside fan's perspective, I decided to register, and with that, bring what I hope you see as a small gift.

And for what it's worth, my captions are:

Tyler Hansbrough falls into the bench after tripping on a cordless phone cord.

or...

Ol' Roy shows Tyler Hansbrough what'll happen the next time he gets called for travelling.

and finally...

Is that vertigo in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

TillyGalore
02-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Board shoutingncu! As you probably already know we welcome fans from all schools here and enjoy reading things from their perspective.

My caption suggestion for Hans is: "Let me at 'em Coach, I'll show 'em how to flop."

BD80
02-22-2008, 01:29 PM
It takes a village to rear a child.

freedevil
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Our "site" is great. The greatness of our collective "sight" is debatable. But after laying my eyes on this picture, I'd have to say Hansbrough is trying to give Scheyer a run for his money in the "What kind of facial expression is that?" category.

Stray Gator
02-22-2008, 01:32 PM
"Minutes before tipoff of February 6th game in Chapel Hill, North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough reacts to announcement that Duke's starting lineup will include Gerald Henderson." :D

EarlJam
02-22-2008, 01:36 PM
"Minutes before tipoff of February 6th game in Chapel Hill, North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough reacts to announcement that Duke's starting lineup will include Gerald Henderson." :D

Mine was along similar lines, but you beat me to it. I like yours better!

Mine:

"Hansbrough sees his NBA future."

-EJ

oldnavy
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
I was thinking of a caption to describe Roy's creepy grin. Why is he the only one in the shot without a terrified expression?

CMS2478
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I was thinking of a caption to describe Roy's creepy grin. Why is he the only one in the shot without a terrified expression?

It almost seems he is enjoying Hanstravel in his lap. ;)

wilko
02-22-2008, 02:19 PM
COLD hands... COLD hands...

I would say he landed on something that made him go bug-eyed... but that must have hapened before this shot.

I'd bet its not the 1st time hes been in such a predicament.

RelativeWays
02-22-2008, 03:02 PM
"Uh oh, Dr. Honeydew has another experiment to test."

captmojo
02-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Where would Beaker end up if he had tried to take a rebound away from Elton Brand? :p

(or Mike Lewis)

Lavabe
02-22-2008, 04:14 PM

"I still don't give a ---- about UNC. Get me a dang gummit Coca Cola. Here's a dime."

(Notice that Roy's lips don't move).

ugadevil
02-22-2008, 04:18 PM
"Tyler Hansbrough responding to Danny Green dancing with Tyler's mother before the game."

billybreen
02-22-2008, 05:11 PM

You stole my line!

Got_Duke
02-23-2008, 02:23 PM
"rodeo!!"

ArkieDukie
02-23-2008, 02:56 PM
I, too, was going the Gerald Henderson route. Mine was more along these lines:

"Now entering the game for Duke: Gerald Henderson."

Uncle Drew
02-23-2008, 03:03 PM
After diving into the bench for a loose ball Tyler Hansbrough suddenly remembers Coach Roy Williams has been using a can to get around since tripping over the cord in his office.

FireOgilvie
02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
"Tyler Hansbrough is blown away when he learns that he has fewer blocked shots on the year than Duke's Brian Zoubek."

8 to 10.

buzz
02-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Have at it.

JBDuke
02-24-2008, 12:22 AM
After failing in his first career choice as a professional basketball player, Tyler Hansbrough made an unfortunate attempt at a second career - lap dancing. It did not go well.

buzz
02-24-2008, 12:48 AM
The NCAA has just announced that traveling will be a special point of emphasis next season.

Kimist
02-24-2008, 01:31 AM
"C'mon ref....where's the call?!?...you know that guy in the tie just fouled me!!"

(After looking for yet another lost contact and then directing floor drying while catching his breath)

"Dadgummit, he should be ejected for such a flagrant foul!"

k

Uncle Drew
02-24-2008, 06:00 AM
After failing in his first career choice as a professional basketball player, Tyler Hansbrough made an unfortunate attempt at a second career - lap dancing. It did not go well.

JB I honestly thought I was going to get put on detention for my caption comment. (Thanks mods for allowing me to be crass / crude once in a while.) But when I read this comment I had taken a big swig of a toddy (flu has hit the household really badly, 101.1 temp!) and I spewed the bloody stuff all over my PC screen. That was the funniest thing I have read on here in months but now my screen smells like honey, crown royal and tea.

And thanks to the UNC fan for posting these. It's good to know we can rib each other without getting to ticked off.

Uncle Drew
02-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Have at it.

I have no funny comment about this pic, but that is the most psycho / intimidating photo I have ever seen of Tyler. Dude does have some serious guns. But maybe it's just me being a vain pretty boy, but has anyone told TH he might want to go to the tanning bed once or twice a week. The darker the skin the more cut it makes a person look. And when UNC wears their home whites, THAT'S where people get the Pilsbury Doughboy annalogies.

tropical storm
02-24-2008, 07:54 AM
For the first image I would have to go with...

"...Santa Roy, for Christmas I want a toy train set, and a new bike, and Gerald Henderson's head shrunken by a witch doctor and hung in my closet..."

For the second one I would have to go with

"And so it was confirmed that Dr. Bruce Banner was the Incredible Hulk when this startling photo caught him mid-transformation."

-Storm

dynastydefender
02-24-2008, 09:29 AM
We must Destroy UNC!! :)