PDA

View Full Version : Quick Clemson Thought

Klemnop
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Who schedules for the ACC? Are they even remotely interested in the conference being able to make a showing for itself? Clemson just capped a run of three games in six days with the last two of the three on the road.

Now they're off for eight days? Say what?

Perhaps it should have been a test of "tournament format readiness" or something. But all things considered it just seems like stupid scheduling on the ACC's part. That was an exhausted team with no legs left tonight.

Klem (Just venting, I suppose.)

-jk
02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
As I understand it, it's mostly TV. Sucks.

Of course, I'd still like to go back to double round-robin (even if we have to give up our cupcakes).

-jk

devildeac
02-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Who schedules for the ACC? Are they even remotely interested in the conference being able to make a showing for itself? Clemson just capped a run of three games in six days with the last two of the three on the road.

Perhaps it should have been a test of "tournament format readiness" or something. But all things considered it just seems like stupid scheduling on the ACC's part. That was an exhausted team with no legs left tonight.

and look at uva's acc regular season champs last year-or was it 2nd place(did they 'choke away' their last game to give the holes the outright 1st place finish?). nonetheless, the unbalanced schedule led to that mess last year.

blueprofessor
02-19-2008, 10:53 PM

I was at the game. It was ugly, but the Tigers never quit, despite shooting 25% from the floor in the first half.They got it down to 4, but they were incredibly cold.Clemson has some good athletes.This time Reid was on the receiving end of a Rivers elbow to the,uh,lower mid-front region!
Best wishes.:)

gofurman
02-19-2008, 10:58 PM

I hadn't thought of this - legs could definitely have had something to do with the shooting (or lack) tonight...and Purnell's 5 for 5 substitution pattern

OldPhiKap
02-19-2008, 10:58 PM
For the record, I think this is the first time in history when "quick," "thought," and "Clemson" were all used in the same sentence.

dukie8
02-19-2008, 11:23 PM
what about our excessive number of sunday night games?

The1Bluedevil
02-20-2008, 12:51 AM
I would say the ACC could try the two league approach but a league with Duke/ UNC would obviously be alot stronger then the other league.

Faison1
02-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey Klem!! I thought of you in Detroit during the UNC game. My heart goes out to you. My wife is a Carolina Grad...I tried to explain the nature of the heartbreak for you and your team to her, but she failed to understand. Instead, as she always does, she threatened to start cheering against Duke for the rest of the season.

Anyway, just thought you should know people were thinking of you and cheering your team on.

Faison1