PDA

View Full Version : New to forums

FerryFor50
02-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Hello all!

I'm new to these forums... just wanted to say hello and GO DUKE! :)

billybreen
02-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Hello all!

I'm new to these forums... just wanted to say hello and GO DUKE! :)

Not the most auspicious day to join, but welcome all the same!

elvis14
02-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Two things...first welcome to the board. Secondly be careful not to get too caught up in today's posts. Things can be a bit chippy around here after a loss! :D

SeattleIrish
02-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Ferryfor50 joins the boards...and we pick up our first loss.

You are now my least favorite poster of all time.

Welcome to the boards.

s.i.

p.s. - yes, I do "scapegoat much".

dukemomLA
02-18-2008, 04:11 AM
A warning. DBR is addictive. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Welcome aboard to the best website on the planet.

hurleyfor3
02-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Welcome.

I wonder how far we can take the (player)for(number) username format.

FerryFor50
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM

You are now my least favorite poster of all time.

Welcome to the boards.

s.i.

p.s. - yes, I do "scapegoat much".

I can assure you that I only joined the boards AFTER the Duke loss. So, in a sense, I'm trying to reverse a trend. Maybe it's YOUR fault because you were already a member! :D

FerryFor50
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Welcome.

I wonder how far we can take the (player)for(number) username format.

Damn. I thought I was being creative.

Sigh.

At least I didn't use "ThurmanOverLang"

billybreen
02-18-2008, 09:50 AM

First loss?

watzone
02-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Damn. I thought I was being creative.

Sigh.

At least I didn't use "ThurmanOverLang"

Your body of posts may not have all arms open and welcoming :eek:

FerryFor50
02-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Your body of posts may not have all arms open and welcoming :eek:

Yea, I know. I need to keep my mouth shut I guess. :p

watzone
02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
Yea, I know. I need to keep my mouth shut I guess. :p

You need to earn your spurs before you start kicking up so much dust Cowboy! My suggestion would be to get to know the board a little if you want to be accepted. Or come out of the closet and admit that a lot of your posts tend to hit a nerve and that it's by design;)

Seriously, it is like you stated your Duke fan resume as if it were a license to be critical. It's just a bit odd to me, but then again maybe it's just me.

FerryFor50
02-18-2008, 10:57 AM
You need to earn your spurs before you start kicking up so much dust Cowboy! My suggestion would be to get to know the board a little if you want to be accepted. Or come out of the closet and admit that a lot of your posts tend to hit a nerve and that it's by design;)

Seriously, it is like you stated your Duke fan resume as if it were a license to be critical. It's just a bit odd to me, but then again maybe it's just me.

Well, I wanted people to know I was a fan and not some rogue UNC fan coming in to start trouble.

I'm also of the opinion that true fans can be critical, that not everything is roses at all times. Maybe I'm spoiled by success... but generally, my posts aren't as inflammatory. :)

watzone
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, I wanted people to know I was a fan and not some rogue UNC fan coming in to start trouble.

I'm also of the opinion that true fans can be critical, that not everything is roses at all times. Maybe I'm spoiled by success... but generally, my posts aren't as inflammatory. :)

Well, perhaps you will make 13 positive posts to offset your initial ones? You throw up red flags when you join and have this many posts in such a short time after a loss.

FerryFor50
02-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, perhaps you will make 13 positive posts to offset your initial ones? You throw up red flags when you join and have this many posts in such a short time after a loss.

Well, the loss was what drew me here. I didn't get a chance to see the game. I looked at the box score to see the foul count and FT discrepancy, since that almost always seems to be a factor in losses (yes, I like to blame refs). When I saw 31 fouls, 5 Duke starters fouling out, and 38 FTs attempted by Wake, then I went looking for answers from partial sources. :)

SeattleIrish
02-18-2008, 11:16 AM
First loss?

lol - rather than pull the "I meant ACC!", or, "In regulation, of course!", I'll admit that I KNEW we had the Pitt loss but it really felt like this was our first one - it had been that long inbetween losses.

Now I'm bummed all over again.

s.i.

JasonEvans
02-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, the loss was what drew me here. I didn't get a chance to see the game. I looked at the box score to see the foul count and FT discrepancy, since that almost always seems to be a factor in losses (yes, I like to blame refs). When I saw 31 fouls, 5 Duke starters fouling out, and 38 FTs attempted by Wake, then I went looking for answers from partial sources. :)

Not to be overly critical but, if you are brand new to the forum, you might be better served reading and observing a bit before jumping in with both feet...

...especially if you did not even watch the game in question.

--Jason "new fans are always welcome, but given the tone and content of many of your first posts, you should understand some of the skepticism you are getting" Evans