PDA

View Full Version : Duke Love Wave for Coach K

Lavabe
02-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, Bob Ryan on the Sports Reporters today gave notice that K should win Coach of the Year for the best job he's ever done.

As much as we complain about the Duke Hatred Tsunami, it's nice to see an occasional love wave from a major source.

ugadevil
02-17-2008, 03:21 PM
My dad was telling me that Doug Gottleib was sticking up for Duke on the radio on Friday. Colin Cowherd was saying that Duke hasn't reached their potential in the past ten years, and Gottleib called in and said that Duke was for real this season.

CameronBornAndBred
02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if it's his best, but it's pretty hard to argue against it. Every year when Duke appears to have a deep bench going in to the season, I pretty much dismiss that because K never plays more than 8 guys, regardless of who he has. Can't say that this year, and it's been refreshing to watch. To see a coach with as many years as he has in, and to watch him still adapt his system to suit his players has been a surprise to watch. The team is better for it, and they really look they are having fun. Almost every tight spot they've been in, they have prevailed handily. The lone exception, Pitt, turned out to be a great teaching tool. Regardless of how deep Duke goes this year, this has to be one of K's best coaching years. And since he has had so many, it's hard for another coach to top that this year. He has my vote.

pamtar
02-17-2008, 06:27 PM
My dad was telling me that Doug Gottleib was sticking up for Duke on the radio on Friday. Colin Cowherd was saying that Duke hasn't reached their potential in the past ten years, and Gottleib called in and said that Duke was for real this season.

I heard that myself. Cowherd was comparing us to Notre Dame football and Gottlieb pretty much debunked his argument.

Still, they're both idiots.