PDA

View Full Version : The flu is going around

rthomas
03-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Well, I woke up this morning, my muscles ached (the few that I have) and my head was swimming. I'm calling it a day. Think I have to just lay on the couch all day and rest. Too bad, I had some important work to do today at the office (you know, like kissing my boss's butt) but it'll have to wait probably until Monday.

dukemath
03-15-2007, 08:35 AM
I think I might come down with those symptoms about 11 or 11:30am. Might have to take off early and suffer at home the rest of the day.

SlimSlowSlider
03-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Fortunately for you, I have heard that this strain of flu responds very well to beer. I plan to treat my own case of flu in this manner, after I make a run to the "pharmacy."

patentgeek
03-15-2007, 08:46 AM
I found I barely had the energy to read your post. I'm going to have to call it a day. I am self-prescribing significant time in the glow of a large, flat screen, HD TV.

throatybeard
03-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Squirrel Nut Zippers -- La Grippe

There's a flu bug getting passed around
and it's Spreading like fire through the town
There's a virus holing up inside us
Everyone that I know is coming down

There's an Asian influenza
Infecting us all by the score
And it's turning into pneumonia
We must go out once more

There's a fool moon howling at the night
And it's bark is much worse than it's bite
So we must go out and dance around
Yes we must go tonight

So the doctors came on the evening train
With their flasks and their caskets and vials
Mass psychosis was their diagnosis (yes)
So we all cashed our checks and went wild

There's a fool moon howling at the night
And it's bark is much worse than it's bite
So we must go out and dance around
Yes we must go tonight
La Grippe!, Salsa!

calltheobvious
03-15-2007, 09:03 AM
It's early, and I've only had two sips of coffee, and my first instinct was that the flu had hit the team. Wow. That stressful moment seems to have made me pretty woozy; not sure I need to be putting myself or others at risk by driving in this condition.

imagepro
03-15-2007, 09:36 AM
HOOPSFLU--- NOT carolina Fever rt.

Good line. thanks for the chuckle. and LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!

We're gonna look like a different team tonight... as we say here in the south---

"Just you wait and see!"

CMS2478
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
:mad: We only get a few sick days, so I have to save them for when I am really sick. I miss being in colloge during the NCAA Tourney when I could just skip class. :(

tombrady
03-15-2007, 10:45 AM
:mad: We only get a few sick days, so I have to save them for when I am really sick. I miss being in colloge during the NCAA Tourney when I could just skip class. :(

My teachers in high school simply put at tv at the front of the room. We didn't have math class for about 2 weeks, we just watched the tourney. Oh and my school put TVs in the lobby for people to congregate and watch.

DukeCO2009
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
My teachers in high school simply put at tv at the front of the room. We didn't have math class for about 2 weeks, we just watched the tourney. Oh and my school put TVs in the lobby for people to congregate and watch.

I remember one of my math teachers in high school bringing in a small TV during the ACC and NCAA tourneys. It was great--I distinctly recall watching Kyle Korver and Creighton bounce Florida in (I think) a double-OT game while simultaneously learning trig functions. Those were the days. Gotta say, though: Brodhead, I'm not your biggest fan, but keep scheduling spring break during the opening weekend of the NCAA's--you're saving me from missing a lot of class.

Fish80
03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
We have a TV in the office, and we're getting pizza delivered for lunch. Productivity is going way down the tubes this afternoon.

mehmattski
03-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Unfortunately, i actually do have the flu, but no one at work believed me. It's true that my 101 fever has allowed me to go home and watch basketball all day, but that's just a coincidence.

Although I've heard that the only prescription is... more cowbell.

CMS2478
03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
My principal has made it clear that we are "educators" and we are not allowed to turn the tv's on during the tournament. :mad:

willywoody
03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
My principal has made it clear that we are "educators" and we are not allowed to turn the tv's on during the tournament. :mad:

the principal must be a division 2 grad, that or a south carolina grad.

mullslaw6383
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM

That's strange. I am showing my students the NCAA Tournament as we speak. Although, the cable mysteriously went out last Thursday morning right before the ACC Tournament started and is still out...will probably come back on next week. I had to resort to the 'ole rabbit ears antennae to show the ACC and NCAA tournaments. But in case you're wondering, my students are still on task with the "lesson plan." ;)

GO DUKE!

throatybeard
03-15-2007, 11:28 PM
the principal must be a division 2 grad, that or a south carolina grad.

A South Carolina grad would have the TV on, but tuned to the NIT.