PDA

View Full Version : Duke WBB v. Maryland

CameronBornAndBred
02-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Good luck today ladies! Get some revenge, and get a big time ACC win in Cameron. Wish I could be there, but a 3 hour drive back home on a work nite makes it tough, I hope that Cameron is packed to the rafters in Blue! GO DUKE!!! Spear the turtle!

cbfx3
02-17-2008, 07:46 AM
We will be there! My daughters B-ball tream is coming too (they are undefeated I might add!)

DukePA
02-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Go Duke!!

wandalee
02-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll be there to root them on. The game is a "sell-out", but so were UT and UNC, and, for both, there were lots of empty seats. Apparantly, lots of our season ticket holders don't bothr to show up. I just hope we can get a good student crowd there!

bigj4194
02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I will be there doing my part (from the student section)...if 8 of the tenters in each tent go to this game they will get grace...so hopefully there should a good turnout

gadzooks
02-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Go Devils! I really hope they can win this one--they really need a confidence booster.

gadzooks
02-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Brenda Frese had her babies (http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021708aaa.html) this morning, so congratulations to her, and maybe the team will be so distracted by that that they'll forget how to play basketball. :D

yancem
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
I didn't see a post game thread so I figured I would post here. Disappointing loss but it looked like the team was more in sync and having more fun last night. There were still some inexplicable turnovers but the defense seemed pretty solid and while the offense struggled at times seemed more fluid than I've seen.

The biggest thing was that the players seemed to want to be playing where as the other times I've seen them play they didn't. Hopefully, this is a sign that they are figuring things out and will be able to turn the corner come post season play.

CameronBornAndBred
02-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Hard to win when you miss so many opportunities. So many lost chances inside. It's definately not last year's team, but that's ok. Growing pains are just that, pains. They have shown in all the big games this year (except from UCONN early, I don't count that one :confused: ) that they can still play with the higher teams, and who knows, given the right night good things will happen. Keep it up ladies! GO DUKE!

heyman25
02-18-2008, 08:40 PM
They are still trying to put together a complete 40 minutes. Hasn't happened because of too many mistakes and no true shooters.