PDA

View Full Version : congrats to herb and eric boateng

hc5duke
02-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Sendek's ASU team with Eric Boateng just beat #7 Stanford in OT (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200802140018) 72-68. Way to go!

Jim3k
02-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Sendek's ASU team with Eric Boateng just beat #7 Stanford in OT (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200802140018) 72-68. Way to go!

A nice win for ASU, but Boateng didn't have much to do with it. He played 6 mins and had 1 point.

speedevil
02-15-2008, 03:08 AM
A nice win for ASU, but Boateng didn't have much to do with it. He played 6 mins and had 1 point.

thanks for answering my question.

hc5duke
02-15-2008, 03:22 AM

hey, without that 1 point, ASU would have lost in regulation ;)

SMO
02-15-2008, 09:42 AM
You know what I like about this? State fans were so upset that Sendek couldn't beat Duke and UNC so they basically ran him out while taking for granted the fact that they were regulars in the NCAA tourney. So last year they beat Duke (and UNC?) and didn't go to the tourney. This year they probably won't go to the tourney. What does Herb do? Just what he's always done: fields a highly competitive team in a top conference. ASU is a legit threat to make the tournament in only his second year, and they were NOT good before he got there. What a hire for ASU!

yancem
02-15-2008, 09:52 AM
You know what I like about this? State fans were so upset that Sendek couldn't beat Duke and UNC so they basically ran him out while taking for granted the fact that they were regulars in the NCAA tourney. So last year they beat Duke (and UNC?) and didn't go to the tourney. This year they probably won't go to the tourney. What does Herb do? Just what he's always done: fields a highly competitive team in a top conference. ASU is a legit threat to make the tournament in only his second year, and they were NOT good before he got there. What a hire for ASU!

Yeah, a lot of NCST fans seem to be living off the Thompson years and the '83 cardiac pack. Unless Duke and UNC both take a monumental down turn, I don't think that NCST has much of a chance of rising to the top of the basketball world. Its not easy to land a legendary coach and I'm pretty sure the Case isn't going to walk back into the arena.

That being said I think that Lowe will turn out to be a solid coach and is more likely to engage the fan base. That was Sendek's biggest crime, he doesn't have much personality.

Ben63
02-15-2008, 09:59 AM

Did none of you watch the game

His one point can with 2.8 seconds to play with his team up 3 so it sealed the deal and he only shoots 32% from the stripe.

Acymetric
02-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Did none of you watch the game

His one point can with 2.8 seconds to play with his team up 3 so it sealed the deal and he only shoots 32% from the stripe.

Further confirmation of what somone said earlier, that he probably couldn't have made a terribly meaningful contribution at Duke. 32? Imagine how many long threads about his FT's there would be!

Acymetric
02-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I should add that I say that while still pulling hard for Herb and Boateng. If there's any team I want in the tournament besides Duke its ASU. I always liked Herb, and thought he got a pretty bad deal from NC State. I think State is going to regret that move for a while, I don't see Lowe as the guy to take them to the next level, or really even to take them to the level they were already at 2 years ago.

MChambers
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Further confirmation of what somone said earlier, that he probably couldn't have made a terribly meaningful contribution at Duke. 32? Imagine how many long threads about his FT's there would be!

Maybe it would distract us from long threads about recruiting, depth, etc. :)

BD80
02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
6 minutes played out of 35, and he is the only ASU player other than 6'9" Pendergraph over 6'6" to get in the game, against the 7'0" Lopez twins.

Nope he wouldn't have helped here much. But we can always wish him the best.

DukeFencer
02-15-2008, 04:47 PM
In addition to being competitive in a top league and having a good chance at a tournament bid, ASU swept in-state rival UA for the first time in.....????

socaldukie
02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
He also had a pair of key/tough rebounds to seal the game in the OT. He essentially came in because Pendergraph fouled out. It was great to see his enthusiasm and smile on his face for all his efforts. Don't forget he was battling the 7 ft twins.