PDA

View Full Version : Duke MBB vs. Wake Forest Pre-Game and In-Game Thread

Devils8780
02-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I like this James Johnson kid, but the team overall just lacks talent. Interested to see how they do tonight against Florida St. before Duke makes the short trip on Sunday.

It's the featured Game of the Week on Alltel's pick'em competition here (http://fanu.com/alltel).

mus074
02-14-2008, 04:39 PM
This look-in is a bit early, but I am getting married Saturday and suspect I may not find much more time before the game to get this down.

This game jumps out at me as a big danger game. Wake Forest has the profile of a team that we have more trouble forcing our game on. While they don't shoot terrifically well (eFG=48.6%, 220th), they are a TO-strong team. The offense generates TOs on 19.6% of possessions (77th) and the defense generates them 25.3% of the time (16th!). TOs are our strength and is well-correlated to our success so far. If we can't create our game, and have an off shooting night (like large stretches lately), we could be in for a long night. Combine that with WFU's 13-1 home and 1-7 away records, and you clearly see a trend favoring their better stats at home. Coming off an emotional stretch of games and heading back out on the road for the furthest trip (even though its just down in Winston) since the first Maryland game back on 1/27, we could be in for an upset.

And, I don't ever want to say a loss is a good thing, but no other team in the country has just one loss - only Memphis has less than two losses so far. Our SOS is rated 8 (Pom), 5 (RPI) and 20 (Sag). At some point, you have to ask yourself, is Duke really that much better than even most elite teams this year? Or are we likely to have another couple of losses before the Big Dance? Mind you, no team has ever won the whole enchilada with just one loss. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. Duke will be ripe for an upset in the next few weeks, and this one has all the markings if you ask me.

And don't worry about my watching the game post-nuptials. The flight to Tahiti doesn't leave until Monday. ;)

dukestheheat
02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
This look-in is a bit early, but I am getting married Saturday and suspect I may not find much more time before the game to get this down.

This game jumps out at me as a big danger game. Wake Forest has the profile of a team that we have more trouble forcing our game on. While they don't shoot terrifically well (eFG=48.6%, 220th), they are a TO-strong team. The offense generates TOs on 19.6% of possessions (77th) and the defense generates them 25.3% of the time (16th!). TOs are our strength and is well-correlated to our success so far. If we can't create our game, and have an off shooting night (like large stretches lately), we could be in for a long night. Combine that with WFU's 13-1 home and 1-7 away records, and you clearly see a trend favoring their better stats at home. Coming off an emotional stretch of games and heading back out on the road for the furthest trip (even though its just down in Winston) since the first Maryland game back on 1/27, we could be in for an upset.

And, I don't ever want to say a loss is a good thing, but no other team in the country has just one loss - only Memphis has less than two losses so far. Our SOS is rated 8 (Pom), 5 (RPI) and 20 (Sag). At some point, you have to ask yourself, is Duke really that much better than even most elite teams this year? Or are we likely to have another couple of losses before the Big Dance? Mind you, no team has ever won the whole enchilada with just one loss. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. Duke will be ripe for an upset in the next few weeks, and this one has all the markings if you ask me.

And don't worry about my watching the game post-nuptials. The flight to Tahiti doesn't leave until Monday. ;)

So yeah, this is one of the 'war games' (started last night versus Maryland) that are going on with Duke now. That arena is always so pumped when Duke comes to town and it will be for this one as well. As usual, it's a mental thing with Duke going in and we are going to have to bring it from the tip. K is a master at getting the guys prepped but this game and several more down the stretch (at State, at Miami) will greatly test Duke before the rematch with the hated Holes.

dth.

houstondukie
02-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I've watched Wake play many times this year, and I agree with the original poster that this could be a dangerous game. Wake has a very good backcourt with Ish Smith and Jeff Teague. Both guys penetrate very well so we may see a lot of Nolan in this game. Wake loves to run as well, so I think it will be a fast-paced game that will favor the team that can create more turnovers.

With that said, Wake has terrible outside shooting (although better at home) and doesn't scare me on the boards. They are like us in that they do not have a whole lot of depth up front, but James Johnson will suprise many of you if you haven't seen him play yet. He will be All-ACC before he is done at Wake (if he stays long enough).

Prediction: Duke 87 Wake 78

jimsumner
02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
You're getting married Sunday? You do realize that every single wedding anniversary you have for the rest of your life (hopefully) is going to be in the middle of the college-basketball-stretch run. That romantic weekend at the ski resort or the Florida beaches? Sorry, honey big game this weekend.

Is it too late to move this back until after the Final Four? :)

feldspar
02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
That's why I got married during the holiday break. Almost never any games occur during that period, but the wife doesn't know that, so I use it to my advantage to score points.

"Yes, honey, it's the middle of college basketball season but I'll still take you out to dinner."

:D

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Who knows guys, this bride may love college basketball! A great anniversary celebration might well be attending a college basketball game.

Uncle Drew
02-14-2008, 06:38 PM
You're getting married Sunday? You do realize that every single wedding anniversary you have for the rest of your life (hopefully) is going to be in the middle of the college-basketball-stretch run. That romantic weekend at the ski resort or the Florida beaches? Sorry, honey big game this weekend.

Yeah I got married a couple years ago on January 28th. It was the only logical day since my birthday is January 29th and the wife's is the 27th. After the wedding we rushed to do the family thing and then watch Duke play UVA. My wife thought I was joking that if Duke didn't win we might have to have the whole thing annuled and we wouldn't be consumating the marriage. For the record we didn't go on our honeymoon to Europe for 17 days until April. When people asked why, I told them we had to wait until basketball season was over.

I will be at the Wake game Sunday, last time I was in LJVMC several fights broke out. The Wake fans aren't as friendly as they used to be. But due to them having a less than stellar season I expect quite a few more Duke fans than the past few years.

dukelifer
02-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Wake is indeed going to be a tough game. Duke will be up for it though- they are not looking past anyone. But I expect a close game- until the end.

merry
02-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Who knows guys, this bride may love college basketball! A great anniversary celebration might well be attending a college basketball game.

We went to the Roundball Classic once on our anniversary. I remember confused female coworkers saying "So...you're going to make him take you out somewhere nice for dinner on another night, right?" They had a hard time believing that I was the one who suggested going to the game.

PS Congrats mus074!

Atldukie79
02-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the wedding.
Your priorities are indeed in order.

I am reminded of the weekend I spent at my future inlaws for the first time.
My future Mother-in-law suggested that we all go to see a neighborhood kid give a speech at a Boy Scout event. This during a televised Duke /UNC game!
(Given this is circa 1980, televised games were precious indeed) As a loyal Duke alum and Cameron Crazy (not so yet named) I compromised by extracting their family TV (not portable) and carried it to the auditorium. Set it up in the lobby with rabbit ear antenna, and sat cross legged on the floor.
Missing only a few minutes to witness the speech, I think I properly established priorities with my wife's family.

They are no longer surprised by what I will do to catch a Duke game!

Oh, and I agree that this is a potential trip up game!

Grey Devil
02-14-2008, 09:28 PM

My wedding anniversary is March 25 and it has been a challenge each year to find ways to work in March Madness with the anniversary. So moving any planned weddings back to after the Final Four could be better. However, I have two things going for me. My wife is also a Duke b-ball fanatic, and the fact that we got married in 1978, on the day that Duke (with Spanarkel, Gminski, Banks, Dennard and team) won the NCAA semifinals against Notre Dame. What a glorious day that was! We were lucky that we scheduled the wedding for 7 pm (done months in advance before we even dreamed Duke would be in it) and we were lukcy that all of our closest friends and relatives were at our house all afternoon cheering for Duke, including my future brother-in-law, who happened to be a Kentucky grad. That experience helped build bonds that have withstood the tests of three decades and made it so much better for planning what we do each year for our anniversary.

On the other hand, if Duke were to have lost.....

Grey Devil

mus074
02-15-2008, 12:36 AM

Feb was far better than March. And she loves hoops too. I'll be alright. And its Saturday. :cool:

mus074
02-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Congrats on the wedding.
Your priorities are indeed in order.

I am reminded of the weekend I spent at my future inlaws for the first time.
My future Mother-in-law suggested that we all go to see a neighborhood kid give a speech at a Boy Scout event. This during a televised Duke /UNC game!
(Given this is circa 1980, televised games were precious indeed) As a loyal Duke alum and Cameron Crazy (not so yet named) I compromised by extracting their family TV (not portable) and carried it to the auditorium. Set it up in the lobby with rabbit ear antenna, and sat cross legged on the floor.
Missing only a few minutes to witness the speech, I think I properly established priorities with my wife's family.

They are no longer surprised by what I will do to catch a Duke game!

Oh, and I agree that this is a potential trip up game!

I can't compete with that story of devotion. But I will say I made sure my BlackBerry 8830 will work in French Polynesia. We agreed to leave both our BBs off during the trip but take them for use up to LAX. We are both in-house at the same large company (says a lot about my social skills, eh?) and have a hard time believing the world goes on without us. But my phone will get me internet updates on the Miami and St. John's games (Georgia Tech will be while we are in the air leaving ATL for home.).

So, to summarize: BB for following Duke, off for the rest of the honeymoon in the overwater bungalow. I absolutely have my priorities in order.

Uncle Drew
02-17-2008, 06:26 AM
For some reason I am worried about tonights game with Wake. I will be attending and perhaps I am worrying I will run my mouth too much and a brawl will break out. Maybe I'm worried that this is a road game and MD gave us such a good game at Cameron. Maybe I'm worried that I have to use premium unleaded and the drive to the game is going to cost me more than the tickets themselves. Wake seems to be getting their feet under them as of late and we all know Duke gets everyones best shot. Past games with Wake have been on the physical side, I hope this game doesn't sink to the depths of FSU or VT. And I hope Duke jumps on them early to keep the crowd out of it so I can actually be heard from the nose bleed area.

CameronBornAndBred
02-17-2008, 07:52 AM
mus074, you said you don't want to say a loss is a good thing, but I think we had the perfect good loss this season. Pitt showed us the toughness that it takes to win a close game, and thanks to that toughness that we haven't had many close games since. This team has shown that it will not let anybody push us around.
The only really bad loss is the last one of the year.
Congrats on your marriage, I hope she understands your behavorial changes from November to April.

DoubleDuke Dad
02-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Once again, DBR portrays our next opponent as if they were the second coming of the Bill Russell led Boston Celtics. However, if you look at Wake's team statistics they are really horrendous:

3 point shooting % = .320
Free throw % = .663
Field gold % = .436

Duke’s statistics are significantly better:

3 point shooting % = .393
Free throw % = .688
Field gold % = .478

Also, if you look at who they beat in the ACC it is VT, FSU (twice), Miami and Virginia. Thus 4 of their 5 ACC wins were against the bottom teams in the ACC. Their ACC loses were to BC, MD, GT, Clemson, NC State. NCST, BC and GT are the next three teams from the bottom. In other words it wasn’t just good teams they lost to. Thus unless we have a really bad off night and Wake catches on fire, I don’t expect us to loose.

Standard disclaimer: On any given day any team can beat any other team.

Uncle Drew
02-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Once again, DBR portrays our next opponent as if they were the second coming of the Bill Russell led Boston Celtics. However, if you look at Wake's team statistics they are really horrendous:

Free throw % = .663
Field gold % = .436

Free throw % = .688
Field gold % = .478

Also, if you look at who they beat in the ACC it is VT, FSU (twice), Miami and Virginia. Thus 4 of their 5 ACC wins were against the bottom teams in the ACC. Their ACC loses were to BC, MD, GT, Clemson, NC State. NCST, BC and GT are the next three teams from the bottom. In other words it wasn’t just good teams they lost to. Thus unless we have a really bad off night and Wake catches on fire, I don’t expect us to loose.

Tripple D, you are right in everything you say. But Wake hasn't been playing as badly as their season averages over the last four games. (They might not have won their last game if one of their players didn't take a punch however.) I don't have the stats handy, but ACC wins are hard for every team to come by this year. And as always every team Duke faces gives it their best shot. I look for Paulus and Nelson to provide strong senior leadership on the road and I think Duke will win too. But when teams see a Duke jersey across from them they come out playing like the Lakers sometimes. Thank God Coach K is THE BEST in getting his team ready to win games they SHOULD win.

PS
Could someone, perhaps one of the moderators explain the ranking system from lowest to highest. I think walk on would be a new poster after that I'm a little bit hazy on the steps along the way and the posts required to atain each level.

YmoBeThere
02-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Basketball, don't you guys know there is a race going on? :)

Uncle Drew
02-17-2008, 11:30 AM

That is a racist comment, lol. Or would it be raceist. As long as ESPN has replays of all the wrecks is all that's important. Go Burtons! At least we know they are Duke fans!

BCGroup
02-17-2008, 11:54 AM
For some reason I am worried about tonights game with Wake. I will be attending and perhaps I am worrying I will run my mouth too much and a brawl will break out. Maybe I'm worried that this is a road game and MD gave us such a good game at Cameron. Maybe I'm worried that I have to use premium unleaded and the drive to the game is going to cost me more than the tickets themselves. Wake seems to be getting their feet under them as of late and we all know Duke gets everyones best shot. Past games with Wake have been on the physical side, I hope this game doesn't sink to the depths of FSU or VT. And I hope Duke jumps on them early to keep the crowd out of it so I can actually be heard from the nose bleed area.

I think we need to take this game seriously--and I think Coach K will have the guys there. My uncle is a WF fan, so he always takes my dad and me to the game--boy have I had to sit there during some BAD losses over the past few years. But I love this team and think they will pull out another tough, gritty game that will make them better.

GatorBait15
02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
I think it will be a good game but Duke will prevail!:D

MulletMan
02-17-2008, 12:52 PM
The biggest concern tonight will be stopping Wake's guard penetration. Smith and Teague are incredibly quick and if Hale is on the court at the same time, then we will need to decide who guards who. Granted, they have not yet seen a team that can defend the perimiter like us, but if we get lazy on the switches, or someone is flat footed, we could be in for a long night. That said, I like our chances on paper... unfortunatley, there is no way to account for the emotion that will be filling LJ tonight.

If you're at the game... as I will be... act classy. Please.

sandinmyshoes
02-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Wake's three guard offense worries me a bit. But I think Duke will have to have a very, very cold shooting night to give Wake a shot at the upset.

If we don't get a knock out blow early, they may get some confidence, but I still think we pull away in the end.

dukestheheat
02-17-2008, 01:39 PM

Free throw % = .663
Field gold % = .436

Free throw % = .688
Field gold % = .478

the case with analyzing the potential that Wake Forest presents with, today, in the form of a quick, guard-oriented attack. Also, those stats are for the season but won't tell the story of improvement, or heart, that Wake plays with versus Duke in Winston. They can be very tough on Duke there.

So it's going to take a focused, emotional effort by Duke from the beginning tip for Duke to win there today; check out the line on the game, as it's Duke favored by ONLY about 8 points (ie, with Duke at #2 in the country and Wake not ranked, you'd thinkthat the point spread would be much more).

And I think you see this by the disclaimer that you added, but here's yet another example of how statistics don't tell the full story.

dth.

BCGroup
02-17-2008, 01:45 PM

Funny you mention that--one of the reasons we get to go every year is that my uncle and his friends say we don't act like the "typical" Duke fan. I think we do...class all the way!

slower
02-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Free throw % = .663
Field gold % = .436

Free throw % = .688
Field gold % = .478

You know, I can usually let spelling ("rediculous") and grammatical errors slide, but "field gold"? Dude, come ON.

Cameron
02-17-2008, 02:33 PM
You know, I can usually let spelling ("rediculous") and grammatical errors slide, but "field gold"? Dude, come ON.

I'm sorry, DD Dad, but I've been laughing for a good 25 seconds... :D

DoubleDuke Dad
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM

Hey if you get enough of them in a game it's like finding gold.:D

DoubleDuke Dad
02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
The biggest concern tonight will be stopping Wake's guard penetration. Smith and Teague are incredibly quick and if Hale is on the court at the same time, then we will need to decide who guards who. Granted, they have not yet seen a team that can defend the perimiter like us, but if we get lazy on the switches, or someone is flat footed, we could be in for a long night. That said, I like our chances on paper... unfortunatley, there is no way to account for the emotion that will be filling LJ tonight.

I know the old saying about lies, damn lies and statistics, but they are not a very good 3 point shooting team. Hale's shooting percentage is just 0.311 and Smith is 0.339. Only Teague has a decent shooting percentage (0.382) but he only takes about 2.5 shoots per game.

Section 8
02-17-2008, 04:07 PM

I just knew someone would play the race card...:D

I think this game will come down to the matchups inside and how they play out. If Johnson and McFarland have huge nights, it could be close. I don't think that'll happen, though. I predict a halftime tie or close to it, then their frontcourt wears down in the second:

Duke 90
Wake 75

Classof06
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I've had this game circled for a while because it reeks of a didn't-see-it-coming trap game. This is an easy game for Duke to overlook, though I don't think we will. On a related note, I think we're due for a sub-par performance at some point; that's just the nature of basketball.

We might not necessarily lose, but this team's played extremely good basketball for a solid two months now and you have to think they'll have a little turbulence at some point. I do think Duke will ultimately win this game and the ACC regular season crown but I'm not going to bank on a perfect 16-0. I'd be more than happy to take it but I won't expect it.

paulie dogs
02-17-2008, 08:03 PM
I mean any color but the opposing team's color(s). I don't like it one bit. Would he wear a baby blue tie to play Carolina?

Acymetric
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Is it possible that it's to honor Skip? I haven't heard anything, but that's my guess.

jzp5079
02-17-2008, 08:10 PM
believe your right

Genedoc
02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Spectacularly sloppy ball handling, lazy FT shooting, no boxing out...If we play like this another 20 minutes, we deserve to lose.

dukestheheat
02-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Spectacularly sloppy ball handling, lazy FT shooting, no boxing out...If we play like this another 20 minutes, we deserve to lose.

Wow! All I gotta say is the guys need to get prepped for K's defibrillator at the half. That locker room will reek of some blistered paint.

I like our chances in the second half, however. We are not focused or mentally ready to play this basketball game tonight, and I can see it in our free throw percentage.

dth.

CDu
02-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Wake is thoroughly outplaying us right now. Lots of bad turnovers so far, with Singler leading the way in that regard.

Wake is doing a good job around the rim defensively, too. We've had a lot of drives turned away by good defense around the rim.

Henderson still looks really tentative with that right hand. He's not finishing strong around the basket. We need him to get healthy before the ACC tourney.

We've got to do a better job of protecting the ball, rebounding, and defending their guards. Smith and Teague seem to be creating a lot of offense for them so far.

slower
this one is tough to watch.

BlueHeaven
I got married during game one of the 1997 World Seried in which the Marlins were playing. And we live in South Florida. Needless to say my new, dear husband spent the entire reception at the bar watching the game, with my father!

One of my best friends from Duke got married during the Duke-Kentucky game in 1992. We spent the whole reception watchign the game.

Things could be worse:)

DevilDad
02-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Just one of many problems so far tonight... how does Paulus keep getting caught defending the low post? Come on guys...step it up!

KandG
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Kyle is probably due for a tongue lashing -- crazy amount of turnovers, really dumb foul in the backcourt. Free throw shooting, as usual, is atrocious. Nolan seems to be the only one that's really locked in. Hope the guys wake up in the 2nd half.

dukestheheat
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
You can see it on K's face when they cut to the bench: he seems so impassive tonight and I haven't seen that in him in quite awhile. He is sensing we aren't 'there' to play this game.

We'll be back in the second half and despite our egregious play in the first half, I do like our chances in the second and we will win it.

dth.

YmoBeThere
02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
5 of 13 free throws....

KyDevilinIL
02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
There's been a sense since UNC that a night like this was coming, even as we've continued to win games. We've been overcoming grime like this for 12 games now, and it sure looks like it's caught up with us tonight.

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 08:51 PM
i love how they quickly throw up that wake is 13-4 when leading at half-time.
of course they wouldn't put up duke's record when trailing at half-time? :D

let's go boys, step it up!!

paulie dogs
02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Can someone explain why this thread was moved? I didn't think it violated any of the rules

devil84
02-17-2008, 09:14 PM
It was moved to the Pre-Game/In-Game thread.

dukestheheat
02-17-2008, 09:15 PM
my buddy Nolan is coming to DIG US OUT! C'MON DUDE!

Boy do we need the spark, and he is it tonight!

dth.

banneheim
02-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Mike G referred to this unknown all-american Gerald Nelson...Are Tim Brando and Mike G the worst commentators? Sorry to the armed forces for watching this FSN.

Karl Beem
02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Mike G referred to this unknown all-american Gerald Nelson...Are Tim Brando and Mike G the worst commentators? Sorry to the armed forces for watching this FSN.

No they're not.

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
ohhhhhhh CRAP.
wake is getting tired, hopefully they'll be on "e" in a few minutes.
FREE THROWS BOYS.

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
i just really hope this won't turn out to be one of those "duke won because duke gets all the calls" victories.

Karl Beem
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
i just really hope this won't turn out to be one of those "duke won because duke gets all the calls" victories.

At this point, I'll take it.:rolleyes:

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:32 PM
looks like it's going to be the exact opposite...

slower
02-17-2008, 09:33 PM
ohhhhhhh CRAP.
wake is getting tired, hopefully they'll be on "e" in a few minutes.
FREE THROWS BOYS.

Wake aren't the only ones getting tired.

ChrisP
02-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Given the foul situation and the time remaining and the fact that they're playing harder and better...I don't think we'll have to hear that noise because I don't think we can win...

Hope I'm wrong

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
With so many fouls called on Duke in the second half, we certainly aren't getting all the calls!

bigj4194
wow that is all I can say

dukegirlinsc
wow lance just got tackled.
seriously.

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:35 PM
With so many fouls called on Duke in the second half, we certainly aren't getting all the calls!

i know, i was being sarcastic.;)

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:36 PM
those foam noodles sure are fancy! :o

dukestheheat
this game is going to the wire and i think i'm going to have a heart attack.

demarcus just shot an airball. duke did not get off the bus to play this game tonight.

dth.

ChrisP
Wake guy shoves Henderson out of bounds right under the basket right in front of the damn ref and NO CALL!!??!??

bigj4194
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
the refs are handing this game to wake

GatorBait15
02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Damn missed the last 9 shots they need to get it together!

Karl Beem
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
It's over.

slower
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
could get ugly - I just don't sense any comeback tonight

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:40 PM
is it just me or is the fat lady (or p.a. announcer) singing?

Karl Beem
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Just about every Duke player is playing his worst game of the year.

dukegirlinsc
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
this is getting tough to watch.
if it comes down to free throws, i'd rather pull my eyes out than watch.

Karl Beem
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Not the Captain's day. Maybe we're better off without him?

kramerbr
02-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Nelson is done...

CDu
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
It's going to take a houdini act for us to pull this one out. Wake has just outplayed us to this point. The officiating has been bad, but Wake deserves to have the lead.

Teague has just thoroughly dominated us.

Genedoc
02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
This is a text book Duke L. Congrats Wake. Next game, please, preferably with a little concentration on not throwing the ball away and hitting shots when nobody is guarding you.

dukestheheat
02-17-2008, 09:50 PM
This is a text book Duke L. Congrats Wake. Next game, please, preferably with a little concentration on not throwing the ball away and hitting shots when nobody is guarding you.

Guys, if we can get some stops Nolan can bring us back! He can do it!

dth.

grossbus
02-17-2008, 09:50 PM
i can't see this game. is anyone guarding teaque?

CDu
02-17-2008, 09:52 PM
i can't see this game. is anyone guarding teaque?

They're trying to guard him. He's just really fast, and really having a good night.

SharkD
02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I guess Duke players just mysteriously go flying across the floor and crumple to the deck, all by themselves -- at least according to this officiating crew.

freedevil
02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Duke is just playing bad. End of story.

CDu
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Nice that Smith showed up for us. It'd have been nice if Scheyer, Paulus, and Henderson had done so as well. Toss in foul trouble for Nelson and mental mistakes by Singler, and that about sums it up.

kramerbr
02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Not watching because of stupid hockey. Can someone explain how Nolan has made 3 straight layups?

CDu
02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Not watching because of stupid hockey. Can someone explain how Nolan has made 3 straight layups?

Aggressive drives by Smith and not so good transition defense by Wake.

SharkD
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Wojo and Collins may have to suit up pretty soon.

kramerbr
02-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Bring in TK.

Was that actually an offensive foul on Kyle?

chrishoke
02-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Congrats to Wake - the better team won.

SharkD
02-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Paulus is gone. I still want to know how GH committed an offensive foul by jumping around a WFU player. I could see a travel, but a charge?!

TexasDevil
How can all of our starters have fouled out?

CDu
Congrats to Wake - the better team won.

Not quite. The team that played better tonight won. Duke is a better team than Wake, we just didn't play like it tonight.

House G
02-17-2008, 10:03 PM
I am curious if anyone else thought the backcourt violation called against Scheyer when we were down by 6 pts. was dubious. Perhaps the Playcaller could weigh in on this one.

paulie dogs
02-17-2008, 10:03 PM
....when the coach wears the opposing teams colors.