PDA

View Full Version : Boozer Messed Around ...

mr. synellinden
02-14-2008, 01:22 PM
... and got a triple double last night, the first of his career.

A great way to go into the All-Star Break as Utah is in first place in its division and on a major role since they acquired Korver, including 12 of their last 13.

Right now, the Jazz and the Lakers are playing the best ball in the West.

OldPhiKap
02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Too bad K can't develop big men. Think how good Carlos would be if he could.

(Way to go, Carlos!)

pamtar
02-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Too bad K can't develop big men. Think how good Carlos would be if he could.

(Way to go, Carlos!)

This has probably already been stated but I have to disagree with you on this one. I think Boozer has developed his skills more since he's been in the league than when he was at Duke. He didn't get really good until a few years out of college. Simultaneously, Shelden has not been very productive (although I think that will change soon). Maybe K cant develop big men for the NBA. However, he gets all he needs and some while their in school.

Also, while they might not be developed big men they are definitely developed men. How much of Boozer's, and eventually Shelden's, success can be attributed to what they learned off the court from the best coach college ball has ever seen? My guess is a whole damn lot!

Classof06
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
As a Cavs fan, I still marvel at how we let him go...

Duvall
02-14-2008, 01:43 PM
This has probably already been stated but I have to disagree with you on this one. I think Boozer has developed his skills more since he's been in the league than when he was at Duke. He didn't get really good until a few years out of college.

That's simply not true (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carlos_boozer/career_stats.html).

Boozer has improved dramatically over his NBA career, because he has worked hard and continued to develop his game. But he was good from Day 1. There's a reason why he went from second round pick to a massive contract after only two years.

mr. synellinden
02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Just read this tidbit about Boozer's triple double:

Carlos Boozer recorded the first triple-double of his career as the Jazz defeated Seattle. Boozer became only the fourth NBA player since the league started keeping track of individual turnovers in 1977-78 to have no turnovers and at least five steals in a game in which he reached double figures in points, rebounds and assists. The other players to do it were Larry Bird (New Year's Day, 1983), Hakeem Olajuwon (Apr. 7, 1994) and Boozer's teammate, Andrei Kirilenko, earlier this season (Nov. 30, 2007).

mr. synellinden
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Also, just think about how good the teams Boozer played on were.

Boozer
J. Williams
Dunleavy
Duhon
Battier

are all or were in J. Will's case NBA starters (Duhon has been a starter at times). With that kind of talent at the college level it's understandable why Boozer may not have stood out as much in college.

Gilbert Arenas I think is a good comparison in that regard because he played on a very talented Arizona team that we beat for the NC in 2001.

pamtar
02-14-2008, 01:54 PM
That's simply not true (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carlos_boozer/career_stats.html).

Boozer has improved dramatically over his NBA career, because he has worked hard and continued to develop his game. But he was good from Day 1. There's a reason why he went from second round pick to a massive contract after only two year.

The adage holds - you learn something new everyday. Thanks for the link!

ugadevil
02-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Bring back the poll on Brand being better than Boozer!!!!!

Great accomplishment by Carlos. Has Brand ever had a triple double? I could see him doing it with points, rebounds, and blocks.

BD80
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Los' success with the Cavs had a lot to do with his understanding of the game and positioning. He was not the focus of the offense, but was in the right place with his hands ready for passes underneath or for rebounds.

His success with the Jazz and Jerry Sloan's pick and roll offense is even more related to his knowledge of the game. A "big" man doesn't get 10 assists because he is breaking down the D with his dribble.

I would say Coach K has contributed greatly to Los' success.

Lotus000
02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I wonder how many people got the joke with the title of this thread....

I thought it was great, tremendous, awesome. :-D

tbyers11
02-14-2008, 04:08 PM

A great way to go into the All-Star Break as Utah is in first place in its division and on a major role since they acquired Korver, including 12 of their last 13.

Right now, the Jazz and the Lakers are playing the best ball in the West.

"Put (him) on the court and he's trouble". I don't know how to quote a thread title but I greatly appreciated the It Was a Good Day reference.

Carlos has had quite a last year and a half. I really think the Jazz have their new Stockton and Malone in Deron Williams and Carlos.

Props to Lotus for beating me in

mr. synellinden
02-14-2008, 04:39 PM

Thanks ... I don't know how many will either but I always think of that lyric when someone has a triple double.

"Put (him) on the court and he's trouble". I don't know how to quote a thread title but I greatly appreciated the It Was a Good Day reference.

Carlos has had quite a last year and a half. I really think the Jazz have their new Stockton and Malone in Deron Williams and Carlos.

Props to Lotus for beating me in

I think Williams got snubbed big time on the All-Star team, but I am confident they will be there together many times in the future.

By the way, how loaded is the West? Picture this first round:

1. Phoenix v. 8. Denver (ave. score 148 - 141)

2. San Antonio v. 7. Golden St. (what a clash of styles)

3. Utah v. 6. Dallas (might Kidd be on Dallas - Boozer v. Dirk; Deron v. Kidd)

4. Los Angeles v. 5. New Orleans (brutal first round matchup)

Are you kidding? The NBA Playoffs are going to be a lot of fun this year.

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-14-2008, 05:09 PM

His mama must have cooked him breakfast with no hog.

juise
02-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Did y'all see the two re-written verses from the song that a few of us posted after the Carolina win last week (in the "Perfect Day" thread)? We got no love! :p I even posted a link to the youtube video so people would know what we were referencing.

Lotus000
02-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Did y'all see the two re-written verses from the song that a few of us posted after the Carolina win last week (in the "Perfect Day" thread)? We got no love! :p I even posted a link to the youtube video so people would know what we were referencing.

Ugh, crap, no I missed them somehow!! That song is great, easily in my Top-10 all-time.

blazindw
02-14-2008, 06:40 PM

I know Juise, we were on our lyrical game with that one! No love whatsoever!

tbyers11
02-14-2008, 06:48 PM

I know Juise, we were on our lyrical game with that one! No love whatsoever!

I missed those lyrical odes to Ice Cube as well. Upon checking them out, those were some mad rhymes fellas. Well done.