PDA

View Full Version : Charting Duke vs. Maryland II

Jumbo
02-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Another game, another notch in the plus/minus belt. The big story of this game was the disparity between Paulus and Smith running the show. And Gerald's plus/minus was low for the second straight game -- the wrist injury is clearly bothering him. All in all, a great effort once again. Here come the numbers...

Individuals
Greg Paulus 70-53 (+17)
DeMarcus Nelson 71-55 (+16)
Kyle Singler 75-60 (+15)
Jon Scheyer 56-48 (+8)
Gerald Henderson 48-43 (+5)
Lance Thomas 41-36 (+5)
David McClure 9-9 (0)
Brian Zoubek 6-6 (0)
Taylor King 2-3 (-1)
Nolan Smith 7-12 (-5)

Per 40 Minutes
Greg Paulus +20
DeMarcus Nelson +18.3
Kyle Singler +16.2
Jon Scheyer +12.8
Lance Thomas +9.1
Gerald Henderson +7.1
David McClure 0
Brian Zoubek 0
Taylor King -20
Nolan Smith -33.3

Lineups
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-Henderson-Singler (x4) 21-16 (+5)
Paulus-Nelson-Henderson-Singler-Thomas (x4) 19-14 (+5)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-McClure-Singler 5-0 (+5)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-Singler-Zoubek (x2) 6-2 (+4)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-Singler-Thomas 3-0 (+3)
Paulus-Scheyer-Henderson-Singler-Thomas 4-2 (+2)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-McClure-Singler 2-2 (0)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-McClure-King 0-0 (0)
Smith-Nelson-Henderson-McClure-Singler 0-0 (0)
Paulus-Scheyer-Nelson-Singler-Thomas (x2) 13-14 (-1)
Paulus-Nelson-Henderson-McClure-King 2-3 (-1)
Smith-Scheyer-Henderson-Singler-Thomas (x2) 2-4 (-2)
Paulus-Scheyer-Henderson-McClure-Singler 0-2 (-2)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-Thomas-Zoubek 0-2 (-2)
Smith-Scheyer-Nelson-Singler-Zoubek 0-2 (-2)
Smith-Scheyer-Henderson-McClure-Singler 0-2 (-2)

SlimSlowSlider
02-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Once again, thanks Jumbo.

The stats mirror, for the most part, my gut reaction to the game. I would have thought, however, that Demarcus's numbers would have been a bit lower, but I suppose he plays so many minutes that I should have not been surprised.

(Markie is probably my favorite player on this team. My comments are not meant to be a criticism of him. I did not think, however, that this was one of his better games. The #s, therefore, surprised me.)

willywoody
02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
nelson didn't have the greatest game but i've been so happy in his ability to drive and dish which he didn't do even earlier this season. one sweet dish to singler on the wing stands out.

mgtr
02-14-2008, 04:48 AM
It is interesting that every group but one that has a plus included Scheyer. He contributes in so many ways. But, then again, I am a known of supporter of Scheyer, so what can you expect.

fidel
02-14-2008, 05:52 AM
Um...also note every group but one that has a minus had Scheyer in it too.

He had a good game today and logged a lot of minutes.

CDu
02-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Once again, thanks Jumbo.

The stats mirror, for the most part, my gut reaction to the game. I would have thought, however, that Demarcus's numbers would have been a bit lower, but I suppose he plays so many minutes that I should have not been surprised.

(Markie is probably my favorite player on this team. My comments are not meant to be a criticism of him. I did not think, however, that this was one of his better games. The #s, therefore, surprised me.)

Yes, this is a function about plus/minus. If you play in most of the team's minutes, your plus/minus is most likely going to be very similar to the team's plus/minus.

CDu
02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
It is interesting that every group but one that has a plus included Scheyer. He contributes in so many ways. But, then again, I am a known of supporter of Scheyer, so what can you expect.

Might want to look at the whole list of lineups. Scheyer's name appears in nearly all of the groups that had a minus, too. It's simply a function of playing a lot of minutes. Not to discredit Scheyer's accomplishments - he had a very solid game. But when you play a lot of minutes, you're going to appear in a lot of the positive AND negative lineups.

mgtr
02-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Geez, you folks won't let a guy get away with anything! You are absolutely right, I just didn't read all the way down the table.

Indoor66
02-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Geez, you folks won't let a guy get away with anything! You are absolutely right, I just didn't read all the way down the table.

Yeah, reality is a real _itch.

Jumbo
02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
Might want to look at the whole list of lineups. Scheyer's name appears in nearly all of the groups that had a minus, too. It's simply a function of playing a lot of minutes. Not to discredit Scheyer's accomplishments - he had a very solid game. But when you play a lot of minutes, you're going to appear in a lot of the positive AND negative lineups.

Funny thing is, he only played 25 minutes. That's somewhat low for Scheyer.