PDA

View Full Version : Player Power Rankings

kramerbr
02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Call me a little biased but I think that Demarcus is better then 18th best shooting guard in the country.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/viewcbse.asp

Bluedog
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM
At least the comment is positive: "Would be ACC Player of Year if it was not for Tyler Hansbrough."

wisteria
02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Demarcus should be on top of a "power guard" ranking, if there is one. :D

Ignatius07
02-12-2008, 11:22 PM
That is an absolute joke that Nelson is not ranked higher. I realize these rankings do no matter at all (and clearly do not reflect reality), but some of the picks ahead of D-Marc are crazy. For instance, I'd take Nelson's offense over "#2" Shan Foster in about a half-second, let alone his defense. Maybe I haven't been watching the right games, but Foster is not one of the 10 best SGs in the country IMO. I'd also take Nelson over Ellington, but there I would factor in his defense to a large degree.

One problem with rankings like these or POY awards in general is that they almost entirely rely on offensive output (eg Redick, Durant). Not to say that a good defensive player can't win one of these, but defense is overlooked. Well, whatever - that is the age we live in. But when a player who is performing offensively as well as Nelson is also a great defender who guards multiple positions... how can you rate him so low?