PDA

View Full Version : Eff you, Atlanta Dream.

gadzooks
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I was really excited that Atlanta is getting a WNBA team, until I looked at the results of the expansion draft and find that they traded one of their picks to Detroit for...Ivory Freakin' Latta.

I was going to buy season tickets, but I don't know if I can now. *hurl*

hc5duke
02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
don't do it! it's a trap!

SilkyJ
02-12-2008, 05:59 PM
don't do it! it's a trap!

its also an atlanta sports team ;)

(and a basketball team at that)

wilson
02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
its also an atlanta sports team ;)

(and a basketball team at that)

You know what happens to people who say things like that around here, don't you?

DavidBenAkiva
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Truly one of my most disliked players to ever suit up for a game.

I don't blame you for being so upset.

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Lid
02-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Ugh! I'm with you, I was looking forward to it also, but there's no way I'll buy season tickets now. Grrr.

bludev03
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't get Swintayla. She's very pretty and could have been the face of the franchise. There are very few players in the league who are pretty, well-spoken, and can wear make-up. I can't believe they missed out on that...

SeattleIrish
02-12-2008, 08:01 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't get Swintayla. She's very pretty and could have been the face of the franchise. There are very few players in the league who are pretty, well-spoken, and can wear make-up. I can't believe they missed out on that...

Very few players in the WNBA can wear make-up? I'm missing something there...

s.i.

godukecom
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
boy did i dislike Ms. Latta. I would not buy those tickets...
but buy tickets for the mystics game; ivory vs lindsey all over again!

gadzooks
02-12-2008, 08:19 PM
but buy tickets for the mystics game; ivory vs lindsey all over again!Or even better, Indiana--who wouldn't like to see this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRskyorl_A) classic basketball moment re-enacted? :D

jzp5079
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
I was really excited that Atlanta is getting a WNBA team, until I looked at the results of the expansion draft and find that they traded one of their picks to Detroit for...Ivory Freakin' Latta.

I would hurl if I spent money on season tickets to any WNBA team.

SilkyJ
02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
You know what happens to people who say things like that around here, don't you?

no, what?

wait i got one: jason evans comes in and agrees with you but says only he is allowed to bash atlanta basketball teams?

hc5duke
02-13-2008, 12:29 AM
no, what?

wait i got one: jason evans comes in and agrees with you but says only he is allowed to bash atlanta basketball teams?

i think you just made the atlanta mafia's list ;)

gep
02-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Or even better, Indiana--who wouldn't like to see this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRskyorl_A) classic basketball moment re-enacted? :D

I don't remember that particular moment... but it reminded me of Latta's run-in with Misty May... I think Latta was a bit dizzy after that "moment":D

dukemomLA
02-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Why would anyone want to buy season tickets to see Latta pout and cringe and argue every play with a grimace. As stated, Latta (although a good BB player) has always been impossible to watch. And, IMO, "over-rated."

Go see a game or two, when ATL plays against a good Dukie or two.

gadzooks
02-13-2008, 10:33 AM
I don't remember that particular moment... but it reminded me of Latta's run-in with Misty May... I think Latta was a bit dizzy after that "moment":DI think you mean Mistie (Bass) Williams. Misty May is the volleyball player. Though she'd probably gladly knock Ms. Mouth down, too. :D

Go see a game or two, when ATL plays against a good Dukie or two.I think that will be my plan--with two kids, season tickets for the whole family are kind of out of our budget anyway. I'll definitely see the Mystics and wear my I ♥ Alana t-shirt.

blazindw
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM

Wait, the Shock got rid of Ivory Latta?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sorry that your Atlanta squad had to get her, but BOY am I glad she's not in a Shock uniform anymore...just her being in uniform cost us the title this year!

gep
02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
I think you mean Mistie (Bass) Williams. Misty May is the volleyball player. Though she'd probably gladly knock Ms. Mouth down, too. :D

Thanks for the correction. Looks like Latta ran into more than a few and got knocked down, and I'd guess that she'll get knocked down a bunch more before it's all over...:cool:

GopherBlue
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
boy did i dislike Ms. Latta. I would not buy those tickets...
but buy tickets for the mystics game; ivory vs lindsey all over again!

Lindsey plays for the Minnesota Lynx. Alana and Monique play for the Mystics.