PDA

View Full Version : ACC Player Ratings

gw67
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
About a week ago, a poster advised that someone on the UNC site had posted their rating system for ACC players halfway through the season. I didn’t follow up but I note that a poster on the Maryland site has provided a tabulation of player rankings through Saturday’s games. I bring this up because he has been doing this for years and there is a pretty good correlation between his rankings and All ACC teams. I don’t know if it is proper to link to their site and besides I wouldn’t want to harm Duke fan orthodoxy so I will provide a summary and my thoughts instead. I note that his approach has a factor for winning so Duke and UNC are well represented.

• No matter how he slices the data (all games, ACC games only, ACC games only without winning factor), the top 3 players are Hansbrough, Nelson and Lawson.
• When winning is considered, 5 Duke players are in the top 11 players for all games and the top 16 players for ACC games only. The big surprise in both cases is the 2nd ranked Duke player – Paulus.
• In ACC games only, Maryland players, Gist, Vasquez and Hayes join Paulus, Singler, Scheyer and Henderson from Duke and Rivers from Clemson to make up the 8 players behind the big three. Rice is 13th and Singletary is 34th.
• In ACC games without the winning factor included, only Paulus joins Nelson in the top 15 players. Gist is 4th and Rice moves up to 5th. Vasquez, Hayes and Rivers remain in the top 10. Singletary moves up to 12th. Singler is 16th and Scheyer and Henderson are 23-24.

There are still a bunch of games to be played and Lawson needs to recover from his injury but these rankings would seem to indicate that Hansbrough, Nelson, Lawson, Rice and Gist may be the frontrunners.

gw67