PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve...

TwoDukeTattoos
03-14-2007, 10:41 PM
...is what the excitement of Tourney Eve simulates for me. I'm not superstitious, but there are several things that I tend to do, or have done at some point, to "prepare" for gametime.

As we did every year growing up, I usually order a Dominos pizza. I always wear a Duke shirt that, for whatever reason, seems to make me feel comfortable. This year I think it will be my 2001 Title shirt that exclaims "Only The Strong Survive". I have a net that was on the rim of a homemade basketball goal that we made at our church while I was growing up; the net has a lot of personal meaning to me, and I display the net as a symbol of the "prize" for winning the Tourney. I have original limited edition Herald Sun papers that I retrieved from campus during the '91, '92, and '01 Titles; I display these only during the Tourney. When the game gets tense (and this year that is likely) I hold and grip a soft childrens' Duke bball that I bought for my son (his name is Grant) when he turned a year old.

New this year: My son is now nine, and this past fall we had three of the walls in his room painted gray and the fourth wall is painted pure Duke blue. On the Duke blue wall is a large wool banner displaying the three Title years. His entire room is decorated with Duke accessories and he even has an adjustable Nerf/And 1 goal; his room is the ultimate "comfort pad" if things begin to get really bad during the game(s)!

My goodess, maybe I am superstitious!! :eek:

I'd love to hear how others gear up for the Tourney.

Channing
03-15-2007, 01:22 AM
maalox and a room with padded walls.