PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein piece on Hank Nichols

MChambers
02-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Nichols is the NCAA supervisor of basketball refs and a former ACC ref. He's retiring at the end of the year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/09/AR2008020902434.html

BD80
02-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Hank was my favorite ref, he would talk back (without taking his eyes off the action) if your heckling was clever or if you politely raised a legitimate question about a call. These were the good ol days when the students had the front row, and we would occupy (sit is definitely not the correct term) at the free throw line across from the visitor's bench.

Hank was a great official. His comments made you realize just how much he saw and how well he managed a game. I got the impression he liked working CIS better than any other venue.

RPS
02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Hank was my favorite ref, he would talk back (without taking his eyes off the action) if your heckling was clever or if you politely raised a legitimate question about a call.Hank was my favorite too. He would laugh when he heard a "Nichols is the worst!" chant or something like it. He was a terrific referee.

merry
02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Hank was my favorite too. He would laugh when he heard a "Nichols is the worst!" chant or something like it. He was a terrific referee.

I remember one game in the late 70s when pre-game we chanted "Nichols is the BEST!" He really laughed at that one.