PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Boston College

Jumbo
02-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Who was the Man of the Match against B.C.?

dukerev
02-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Singler. He's iron.

Bob Green
02-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Kyle Singler earned my vote with his toughness on the glass. His all around game is impressive with the ability to post up, shoot the 3, drive, and play the point-forward in the spread, but it is his rebounding ability that is most valuable to the team.

DeMarcus Nelson also played a whale of a game and I would be remiss in not mentioning he had eight rebounds and five big assists to go along with his 23 points.

CDu
02-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I voted for Nelson. He had 23 points (on 8-10 shooting!), 8 rebounds, 5 assists. And he had to expend a lot of energy defending Rice (no easy task). He also was the guy who got us back in the game early in the second half.

dukepsy1963
02-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I voted for Singler, but once again, it was a tough choice because Nelson was also a "man" too. Ain't it great to have games with so many tough choices. Love it!

But once again, Singler was magnificent.

Fish80
02-09-2008, 07:00 PM
DeMarcus. Very strong stats, great leadership. He set the tone early in the second half.

gep
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Tough choice.... again... Kyle's rebounds seem to come at the "right" times:) But good efforts by all.

dyedwab
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Kyle's best game at Duke, and I voted for him DeMarcus however led us at the beginning of the second half. Great for both of them

ArkieDukie
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I thought that DeMarcus had a great game and thought he would be a lock for Player of the Game - until I saw Singler's stats. To me, Singler had a very quiet double-double. Why, I don't know. DeMarcus just seemed to do everything that needed to be done to win the game, and he did it at the right time. JMO

mgtr
02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I voted for Singler, but, if challenged, I couldn't really defend my vote. Nelson was as much of a man as Singler. Thank heavens we have both. I we could have co-MVPs, that is the way my vote would go.

DukeDevilDeb
02-09-2008, 09:23 PM
I voted for Singler, but, if challenged, I couldn't really defend my vote. Nelson was as much of a man as Singler. Thank heavens we have both. I we could have co-MVPs, that is the way my vote would go.

Although I voted for Kyle, I would prefer to split that vote with DeMarcus... and I could send some of it Greg's way too. He had a couple of key threes and some great other plays... Good team effort, especially in the second half.

Flyers52
02-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Singler...the guy does it all..He's easily one of my favorites on this team (marky too). So smooth, fearless...He's the best

socaldukie
02-11-2008, 11:59 AM
but Markie a pretty close second.

mr. synellinden
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Singler. He's iron.

Yes he is.

SilkyJ
02-11-2008, 12:17 PM
1st game in cameron this year and first time seeing this team play live.

Singler is the real deal. The kid is good at everything. I dont know if it was just this game or if watching him live is way different than on TV, but on TV I've always been impressed, but seeing him live he just looked amazing.

mr. synellinden
02-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I loved the DBR recap of the game too. I got chills reading it. Right on the money about Singler's emergence. I loved what he did when Henderson got knocked to the ground. I love how he tips offensive rebounds to teammates when he can't get both hands on the ball. I love how he cuts to the basket on a screen and roll. I love how he hits big 3s in every game it seems. I just love everything about the guy.

You know how often we talk about how hard it is for freshmen to make the transition to ACC basketball? He's making it look relatively easy. We are so fortunate to have this guy on our team.

stickdog
02-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Demarkyle Nelsingler