PDA

View Full Version : The Best Game Ever

wolfpackdevil
02-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Last Night, The Carrington Middle School Cougars, took on the Neal Middle School Eagles. The Eagles entered the game 13-0 and averging there wins by 31 points. The Cougars were 8-4 and the #5 seed in the Conference Tournament, they had lost to Neal by 34 earlier this season.

(Both of these teams play in the Durham Athletic Conference (DAC) in Durham, NC

This was the Sem-Final game of the tournament and it was amazing

My son Sam Murray, played in this game for Carrington, and had 17 points.

The game went basket for basket till Neal was up by 2 with 8 seconds left and at the free throw line, The Neal player made 1 of 2 free throws and the Cougars had a chance. But they ended up not getting up a shot.

And Neal won and advanced to the Championship, 41-40.

(Neal was averaging over 67 points this season)

All 411 people in the Shepard Middle School gym was shocked at what the Cougars almost pulled off, and this was just an amazing game.

I thought this was the most exciting game I have ever been to, including the Duke vs. VT game, 2 years ago.

But for real basketball, go watch the DAC next season!

slower
02-09-2008, 08:18 PM
still don't think it compares to Duke-Ky '92

wolfpackdevil
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
idk, u were'nt there

III
02-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow! Sounds like a good one. Congrats to your son!

dynastydefender
02-10-2008, 08:12 AM
I bet your son was ecstatic!! Congrats!!

slower
02-10-2008, 09:19 AM
idk, u were'nt there

...but I come to this site expecting to read things that are relevant to DUKE basketball.

Devilsfan
02-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Does Neal have any dominate big men?

wolfpackdevil
02-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Does Neal have any dominate big men?

actually they do, one's about 6-4 and had about 7 dunks

johnb
02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
The game went basket for basket till Neal was up by 2 with 8 seconds left and at the free throw line, The Neal player made 1 of 2 free throws and the Cougars had a chance. But they ended up not getting up a shot.

And Neal won and advanced to the Championship, 41-40.

At the risk of being concrete and/or stepping into one of those, "if your father marries your grandmother and has a child who's your sister-in-law," riddles... if Neal's up by 2, gets a free throw, and your team doesn't score, shouldn't Neal won by 3, not 1?

SeattleIrish
02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
At the risk of being concrete and/or stepping into one of those, "if your father marries your grandmother and has a child who's your sister-in-law," riddles... if Neal's up by 2, gets a free throw, and your team doesn't score, shouldn't Neal won by 3, not 1?

I agree. The whole thing smells of Washington-Post-type journalistic fraud.

Someone may be losing their job, is my prediction.

s.i.

Memphis Devil
02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
...but I come to this site expecting to read things that are relevant to DUKE basketball.

...take it down a notch!

Congrats to your son wolfpackdevil!

wolfpackdevil
02-10-2008, 08:31 PM

sorry about that, i talked 2 my son

carrington did score a lay-up but it did'nt really matter

snowdenscold
02-10-2008, 08:41 PM
sorry about that, i talked 2 my son

carrington did score a lay-up but it did'nt really matter

I think the coach should have explained the necessity of shooting a 3 instead of a layup when down by 3 with only a couple seconds left...