PDA

View Full Version : A Scheyer-Singler moment.......

Got_Duke
02-09-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't know if anyone else witnessed the awkward/hilarious moment during the game on CBS between Singler and Scheyer......

But after a foul was called Duke huddled up in their traditional way and for a glimpse the camera caught Singler wiping something off Scheyer's face and me and my brother just busted out laughing for some odd reason....... it was almost like when a monkey scratches around for lice on another....

It just seemed awkward, as if Scheyer couldn't tell if he had something on his face and Singler just instinctly helped him out or what or if Singler has a slight case of OCD.

Not making fun of them because I've had similar moments during a pickup game with my brother, but it was just awkward. He'll have a bug on his face or something and I'll tell him to wipe his "damn face," but I've never wiped it off for him.

mcdukefan
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM
I noticed this. But I immediately dismissed it thinking I was just seeing things. Glad to know someone else saw it too.

Mike Corey
02-09-2008, 03:55 PM
The team that preens together, plays together.

wisteria
02-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I saw it. I was in Bryan Center and the girls in the same room watching game just burst out laughing. ...It was kinda awkward.

Lavabe
02-09-2008, 04:54 PM
The team that preens together, plays together.

Got_Duke described it as monkeys.

The primatologist here says GROOMING. Preening would be birds.:rolleyes:

Please continue.

Cheers,
Lavabe

Mike Corey
02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Yes, yes I know, but the last time a Duke basketball player was compared to a primate, I got in a lot of trouble.

HumboldtDevil
02-09-2008, 09:56 PM
I didn't see it, but I wish I had. Sounds pretty funny.

You gotta like that our guys are comfortable enough with each other so they can do that without thinking twice. Most athletes try to be such hard asses that they don't want to do anything that isn't tough or bad ^$%^$%^$% or that might make them look weak.

Lavabe
02-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes, yes I know, but the last time a Duke basketball player was compared to a primate, I got in a lot of trouble.

I remember.;)

Cheers,
Lavabe

Richard Berg
02-09-2008, 10:04 PM
If anyone knows the approximate time on the game clock, I can post a picture...

Verga3
02-09-2008, 10:09 PM
No big deal. Scheyer may have had a hanger that his buddy swiftly and deftly removed before a national TV audience was any the wiser.....wasn't Jon on the way to the foul line? You'd have done the same for the brother in your foxhole. These guys are good....

Cicero
02-09-2008, 10:18 PM

This is one of the funniest rejoinders I have ever read. Normally I would agree with the sticklers for accurate word usage, but this is a special case!

gep
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
If anyone knows the approximate time on the game clock, I can post a picture...

2:39 left in the 2nd half... Henderson just committed a foul. Kinda looks like Kyle wiped something off the side of Jon's nose...:cool:

Got_Duke
02-10-2008, 02:46 AM
LMAO

I'M glad I wasn't the only one who saw it lol

But whatever, I think nothing of it .... but it was pretty funny just watching it and sitting in silence for about 30 seconds before my brother and I busted out laughing so hard I got a headache.....

JStuart
02-10-2008, 08:28 AM
No big deal. Scheyer may have had a hanger that his buddy swiftly and deftly removed before a national TV audience was any the wiser.....wasn't Jon on the way to the foul line? You'd have done the same for the brother in your foxhole. These guys are good....

In this day and age of HiDef, one has to consider what might show up on the tube! Singler is just that far ahead of everyone, don't you know?

Native
02-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Did anyone who was at Cameron see when Nolan Smith was being guarded by Scheyer during warmups? Scheyer made an attempt to steal the ball and instead caught one of the buttons on Nolan's tearaways. Right there, Nolan's pants fell right to the floor and I couldn't help to not burst out laughing.

Richard Berg
02-10-2008, 05:16 PM
I think Scheyer photochops are hilarious.

Maybe I'll make it up to you guys with some highlights...

Richard Berg
02-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Um, WTF? If you're going to censor some harmless fun, at least have the courtesy to email me...

juise
02-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Um, WTF? If you're going to censor some harmless fun, at least have the courtesy to email me...

Yeah... I said something about it showing up on other boards, but I just meant the same way that the Patterson nose pick video showed up here. I didn't mean that I was going to post it elsewhere... and yet my post is gone. :confused:

SilkyJ
02-11-2008, 11:43 AM

i thought it was sullivan who got in trouble? (we are talking the luol article, no?)

Got_Duke
02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
these board controllers are a little too sensitive don't you think?

sorry to voice my opinion, but that was totally harmless

if dude can get that still shot, anyone can get it and i'm surprised IC doesn't have it yet (who cares if they do anyways?)

i feel like an NBA player criticizing David Stern, maybe i should be careful where i step......

uncwdevil
02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah, its already on TDD and IC

what's the big deal anyway?

Acymetric
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
So is there really any reason why this got taken down. It's not as though removing it from here will keep it off the internet (I believe it's already there), and its just in good fun. Its a silly moment, I would imagine if they saw it they'd probably laugh at it too.

Richard Berg
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
This one doesn't have anything to do with Scheyer or Singler, but shouldn't offend anyone:

http://richardberg.net/bin/temp/hendo-lob.jpg

If you still want to see the "moment", you should be able to figure it out from the above URL...

Got_Duke
02-12-2008, 02:22 AM
i think it was taken down because CBS may have the rights to any stills taken from its broadcast now that i think about it....

bjornolf
02-12-2008, 09:28 AM
has anybody read the forums over at Maryland's board or on youtube about this? The gaybashing is just ludicrous. Almost every comment is some variation of "that is so <expletive> gay". One guy said "that's gayer than five guys b10#1^g six guys". I just don't understand. It just makes me sad. :(

ugadevil
02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
has anybody read the forums over at Maryland's board or on youtube about this? The gaybashing is just ludicrous. Almost every comment is some variation of "that is so <expletive> gay". One guy said "that's gayer than five guys b10#1^g six guys". I just don't understand. It just makes me sad. :(

I can't say I'm all that surprised. You could look at almost any comment board on a YouTube video and the stuff is trash. I'm not sure if people do it because they think it's funny or they're just really not intelligent, but most of the comments aren't even coherent.

DukeDevil
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
First!!!!

oh wait.

by the way, the comment on "the team that grooms together..." just killed me.

bjornolf
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
have an interesting take on it. In rewatching, they had noticed that Scheyer was starting to get frustrated and a little chippy. They thought it was a "zip it" kind of gesture to keep him from getting in trouble. If so, very impressive leadership from a freshman, but also the definition of irony considering his T. ;)

BlueDevilBaby
02-12-2008, 12:41 PM
He was definitely helping out in the grooming department. All I could think of was "itty, bitty sweatball hangin' off the end of [his] nose".

gadzooks
02-12-2008, 12:46 PM
has anybody read the forums over at Maryland's board or on youtube about this? The gaybashing is just ludicrous. Almost every comment is some variation of "that is so <expletive> gay". One guy said "that's gayer than five guys b10#1^g six guys". I just don't understand. It just makes me sad. :(The internet of full of cretins, unfortunately, and sports seems to attract more of them than average. I guess it's the "macho" aspect of sports that exacerbates homophobia so badly. It is sad, but I just try to ignore them because there's certainly no reasoning with them.