PDA

View Full Version : Carlyle Cup - fencing points!

DukeFencer
02-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Men's fencing earned their half of the Carlyle Cup fencing point today with a thrilling victory over Carolina at the Duke Home meet. It came down to the final bout, and the final touch (13-13, bout score of 4-4). If you've never been to the Duke Meet, it's quite a production, and Carolina generally brings a HUGE crowd with them. There was a larger number of spectators for Duke then I can ever remember seeing, and it was a great environment.

Tomorrow (Saturday), 11am, the women from both teams meet! It takes place in Card Gym and there's a great view from the balcony. If you've never seen fencing, now is the time to check it out and support Duke!

GTHCGTH!!!

CameronBlue
02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Men's fencing earned their half of the Carlyle Cup fencing point today with a thrilling victory over Carolina at the Duke Home meet. It came down to the final bout, and the final touch (13-13, bout score of 4-4). If you've never been to the Duke Meet, it's quite a production, and Carolina generally brings a HUGE crowd with them. There was a larger number of spectators for Duke then I can ever remember seeing, and it was a great environment.

Tomorrow (Saturday), 11am, the women from both teams meet! It takes place in Card Gym and there's a great view from the balcony. If you've never seen fencing, now is the time to check it out and support Duke!

GTHCGTH!!!

If memory serves (hopefully, cause I'm too busy to stop by goduke.com to check it out) Duke has never lost the fencing point to Carolina.

<edit> ahh, nope, but Duke's done well. 5-2 in the fencing competition since the CC's inception.

godukerocks
02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Any links to pictures?

Sounds like a great time.