PDA

View Full Version : Odd snrubchat issue

Lavabe
02-08-2008, 03:20 PM
When I use snrubchat on my home desktop computer (IE), I experience no troubles.

When I work the buttons on my iTouch (through Safari; which accesses our router), my response times are absurdly slow. I mean, I can't even see what I've typed for about 30 seconds, and if I've misspelled, it's a long time to correct the error. Comments appear very late from me, as well as those from other folks.

IE on our laptop doesn't much improve speed.

Is it simply the number of folks accessing the chat? Is anyone else having issues?

No offense. I LOVE snrubchat, and Billybreen's work put into it is GREATLY appreciated. :) I am just wondering if I have to reconfigure something.

Thanks,
Lavabe

billybreen
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
When I use snrubchat on my home desktop computer (IE), I experience no troubles.

When I work the buttons on my iTouch (through Safari; which accesses our router), my response times are absurdly slow. I mean, I can't even see what I've typed for about 30 seconds, and if I've misspelled, it's a long time to correct the error. Comments appear very late from me, as well as those from other folks.

IE on our laptop doesn't much improve speed.

Is it simply the number of folks accessing the chat? Is anyone else having issues?

No offense. I LOVE snrubchat, and Billybreen's work put into it is GREATLY appreciated. :) I am just wondering if I have to reconfigure something.

Thanks,
Lavabe

Hmm, I haven't seen that latency issue on my iPhone. I find that level of delay pretty surprising. I also wouldn't expect there to be a performance difference between the laptop and the desktop, assuming they are on the same network.

Did performance get better or worse last week when I changed the hosting location for the chat?

Lavabe
02-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Hmm, I haven't seen that latency issue on my iPhone. I find that level of delay pretty surprising. I also wouldn't expect there to be a performance difference between the laptop and the desktop, assuming they are on the same network.

Did performance get better or worse last week when I changed the hosting location for the chat?

Worse.

Typically, I might miss one letter in something (say, GTH,C,GTH!), but it will take about 50 seconds before it shows up my touch. And it won't appear on the screen until 2-4 minutes have passed.

I closed the night's session by typing BYE. I never saw it appear on the touch.

Simply bizzre.

Thanks for any help,
Lavabe

billybreen
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Worse.

Typically, I might miss one letter in something (say, GTH,C,GTH!), but it will take about 50 seconds before it shows up my touch. And it won't appear on the screen until 2-4 minutes have passed.

I closed the night's session by typing BYE. I never saw it appear on the touch.

Simply bizzre.

Thanks for any help,
Lavabe

Hmm, that's super weird. We can schedule a debugging session when the room is empty to figure out where the latency is.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Hmm, that's super weird. We can schedule a debugging session when the room is empty to figure out where the latency is.

The slowness I experienced during the game was fixed by refreshing the browser link, which is what you previously recommended.

Lavabe
02-08-2008, 05:51 PM
BBreen: Let me try what Ozzie suggests. If that fails, we'll try it at some point when I am not pressed for time.

Thanks,
Lavabe

gep
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Also, when BB changed the hosting site, I had to clear the browser's cache before I got the "new" snrubchat... based on the "new" title bar ("hopefully faster..."). Simply refreshing the browser window didn't do it. Hope this helps.