PDA

View Full Version : JJ - ESPN Article

BlueDevilBaby
03-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Is anybody an ESPN insider with access to the JJ/Morrison article about their "struggles" this year? Just wondering what it says about JJ. Thanks. GO DUKE!

Clipsfan
03-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Is anybody an ESPN insider with access to the JJ/Morrison article about their "struggles" this year? Just wondering what it says about JJ. Thanks. GO DUKE!

I read the article yesterday. It wasn't that negative, actually, largely saying that JJ should be able to contribute and that the writer doesn't understand why he doesn't play. The writer does state that he doesn't see practice, of course. What he says about JJ now is that he's turned into more of a spot-up shooter rather than a scorer, and he wonders whether the limited playing time is one of the reasons for this. He knocks his D, slightly, but talks up his range and quick shot. He thinks that JJ is likely to be a 13-16 ppg scorer in a few years, assuming he gets onto a team which utilizes him. I may be wrong in some of this, but I think that is what it said.

Clipsfan
03-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Btw, I've attempted to summarize things off the top of my head rather than go back to the article so as to not infringe on any copyrights. Please let me know if even a cursory summary is too close to infringement. I view what I posted as more similar to water-cooler conversation.

Virginian
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the summary

dukeisawesome
03-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Well JJ had a pretty good run in early February. I think Orlando had some injuries. His overall numbers look pretty good too, still hitting 39% from 3 in the NBA and basically that's what he's there for. So I'd assume he'll get a shot to play minutes sooner or later, whether that's Orlando or elsewhere. Although I had the same thoughts about Langdon as he also seemed to be doing alright, but then he didn't stick around.